£5 JP's

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bowie

£5 JP's

Post by bowie »

The local bowling alley for some reason only has £5JP's in it, any time i'm there (not often) i'll chuck a few quid in but they play like shit, today a tenner with only 2 boards on a PTPT, and any other times i've played them they've been rubbish, is this just a general theme on fivers? Play rubbish? AKAIK this place isn't covered and only casual players chuck a few quid in at a time. How much do the hoppers hold?
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

same as £25's, there just re-glasses which explains why some can streak for £75
Deas92

Post by Deas92 »

10p £5jp I love 'em. Got a D&N and RTB in my local bowling platz.. Never lost on them..
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Deas92 wrote: Never lost on them..
thats a lie
Deas92

Post by Deas92 »

I mean on those 2 particular machines, not everyone I've ever played.
Scott

Post by Scott »

never played a £5 extreme but i can see how you won't lose on them because every board is 1/2 collected, much the same as a £25 jacky. none in my bowling alley which is a shame.
Cobwebs 👆
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

All the machines in one of my local bowling alleys are set at £25 jackpot.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Childeren are legal to play £5jps, hense the reason for lots of bowling alleys having them
bowie

Post by bowie »

at this alley they used to have the fivers in the video bit and the 25's in the bar, but they moved the fivers into the bar and got rid of the 25's, don't know why, are they generally worse for playing?
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

pathetic really. takes ages to make profit on fivers than £25jps.
no name

Post by no name »

My local alley has all the £5's set at 30p and are constantly sharked by kids, who will try to take over by 'helping' with hi-lo gambles by going higher than a 10 or will helpfully nudge/shuffle a win out of view. They then go straight on when you've lost (despite them saying "we've just had a jackpot out of that"), then collect 60p on an IM board. They then have the cheek to go round begging for quids because there's always the odd 10 or 20p in credit on the machine due to 30p stake. The £5 ones are Stack Attack, Legal Tender, Lucky Strike, Space Raiders and Round the Bend, whilst the 30p £25 ones are Jewel in the Crown, Happy Campers, Happy Hour and Sub Zero (10p multi).
_delIDE0-2F4B2009_0x0000F9
ob

Post by ob »

out of interest do £5 extremes ever repeat the top feature/jp, had loads, and not a single repeat to speak off..
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I know I bang on about kebab shops being naughty and having machines with different prizes to those that are advertised, but I really got the benefit of one today:

Crazy Cobra ... in the corner of a little independent takeaway pizza place - 72% £5/25p. I stick in a couple of quid and lose. Wait a few more minutes while my pizza is cooking... look at machine and decide to throw a couple more in. Bonus! AHEM! (literally) I choose Number Runner (given that there are two blue sevens on the winline and the third is a few nudges away on the other reel, this was not a hard decision).

Great! I'm on £4.40, so I go lower than a Jack and up to the £5 Jackpot (red sevens), higher than the 4 it gives me and I'm up top. It zooms straight to the £5 in the top right corner, then repeats, and repeats again. Well, that was a nice result - paid for my pizza and more.

Then I look at the Bank .. to find I've not won £15, but £75. Now I thought the two machines over the road advertising £5 JPs (but paying £15 JPs) were handy, but this was like stumbling across a little goldmine!

Long live dodgy takeaways :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
theoak

Post by theoak »

God, Id love to win 75 from a Kebab shop, never play them in there as have pretty much never won on them (bar one club machine ONCE); and judging by the way they STARE its easy to see why you never win on them..
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

nixxy wrote: Then I look at the Bank .. to find I've not won £15, but £75. Now I thought the two machines over the road advertising £5 JPs (but paying £15 JPs) were handy, but this was like stumbling across a little goldmine!

Long live dodgy takeaways :)
Quality result. :lol: