discipline...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
mjd

discipline...

Post by mjd »

I always win when I discipline myself.. but when I dont.......... I fuck up....
boom

Re: discipline...

Post by Guest »

mjd wrote:I always win when I discipline myself.. but when I dont.......... I fuck up....
its the same with us all though innit? ive been up over £500 in the last 5 days, £200 of which went into a random monopoly yesterday for one feature for the big £25 :roll: , walking was hard but had to be done :o ops:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

It's the only way to play. Gets harder if you're on the bevies...!

Was playing a Red on Friday evening where there was a problem with the coin acceptor - every one in three I put in just went into oblivion without registering me a credit. I played and played though and got over £90 out in the end - just tedious to know that I wasted about £20 in credits! I was a bit non-compus tho, and wouldn't have played it if I thought more about how muchit was ripping me...

...and it didn't cross my mind to use the note-changer! ROFL...

...DOH!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

fuck darren, you must be destroying everything you see..haha

sadly both our DNA's have now gone but was usefull info while it lasted mate so thanks for that again.

seems every man and his dog knows it now though maybe thats why there off to the menders..:P
mjd

Post by mjd »

same sad storey innit.. Won a fair bit on VIU, then 'Lets go and play Jackpoteers! Which is a shite machine which you are guaranteed to lose on, you really should go home now! shouldn't you!! Leave while your up!!'

did I?

Did I F*ck!
boom
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Had exactly this problem on Saturday night, drinking all day and managed to make a few bob out of some local Red's, before coming across a Take Two which was unfortunately stone dead. Played it anyway, and ended up ploughing notes in with the pissed-logic that it was surely nearing the end of the 'suck mode' and was bound to chuck out at least 1 JP soon.

Needless to say that didn't happen! Shocking lack of discipline..... :shock:
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

Again Mjd, an excellent topic....Which EVERY member on this site that plays Fruities should be taking notes on.

You have to have discipline.
You have to know when to go home.
You have to know when to count your losses.
You have to know when not to force
You have to know when not to chase the next JP.

I could go on.,....... But you get my point.

Without Discipline, playing fruit machines is just an easy way to say goodbye to a lot of money every month.....im starting to get a lot better than i was. But does anyone ever know the feeling (Agreeing with Darren here) of having a few big wins over a couple of days and then the next week you lose nearly all of it with silly decisions and crap machines.

I hate that.

King.
mjd

Post by mjd »

perfectly said mate.
If your new to machines read that.......

Im too getting way better than I was, but still further progress to make (as saturday shows)

Drink doesn't help your chances of being disciplined of course!
the old 'Fook it! *pound goes in* *Another Pound Goes in* *and another*
boom

Post by Guest »

mjd wrote:perfectly said mate.
Drink doesn't help your chances of being disciplined of course!
the old 'Fook it! *pound goes in* *Another Pound Goes in* *and another*
It actually does sometimes for me, dont have a clue why but other times drink and fruities is a recipe for disaster, like the time i chased a stone dead high flyer after a £100 dump :roll:
:bows head in shame:
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

That is appalling my friend! :shock:

live and learn I suppose! :(
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

It's what separates the wheat from the chaff, does discipline. With the internet, info gets spread around the country a lot quicker, and the manu's are a lot quicker to chip out anything that sees a constant profit for the punter. The number of times i've went into the bookies, and whether i've been down £30 or break even or £5 up or whatever, chances are there's been someone in there for a lot longer than me with their eye on the machine. i've done it myself a couple of times, and i've came away with a good profit. It goes back to what i've said before, people seem to think that they've got a god given right to get the j/p out of a £25 machine before they've put £25 in themselves. The programmers aren't stupid, and neither are the bookies/pubs/clubs that own the machines, if they didn't turn a profit, they wouldn't have them. Unless you've got really good info on a machine, or you've watched every pound go into it that day, i would be wary of having any more than a fiver in them.

As an aside, Club PCB in the snooker hall, £1 in, "I can see the future" was the cry, Seven Sepper Next it was. Thought oh well, there's 3 blue sevens, we'll go for the fourth. It came in, but i hadn't held 1 of the 3 in the first placed. Damn i thought, and stepped the reels up instead.... 4 red 7's for £50. Thanks.