IOU's, can they be solved?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Dunhamzzz

IOU's, can they be solved?

Post by Dunhamzzz »

2 times in as many days now Ive been IOU'd by reds, both within 200m of eachother!

first time was for £14, I got a witness, they reset the machine and the bank dissappeared! they kindly gave me £14 out of the til and I was happy.

Next day, £12 IOU on legal tender, got a witness, she turned the machine off, despite me telling her what was going to happen and then told me I had to ring corwn leisure!

Both machines were full aso Im guessin it was just an unlucky hopper jam each time.

Was just wondering, if i'd have keyed the machine and stuck a quid in, would this have solved it? Ive done it before on a machine some1 else IOU'd and got myself a free 5er lol.

also, how long are crown leisure gonna take to send me that cheque?!!?
that £12 was the difference from being £10 and £2 down :(
Cash is King

Post by Cash is King »

dont hold your breath mate suppose it depends on the company. I have never had to deal with Crown Lesuire but who ever supplies the fruits at my local services has owed me £40 for nearly a year now
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Cash is King wrote:dont hold your breath mate suppose it depends on the company. I have never had to deal with Crown Lesuire but who ever supplies the fruits at my local services has owed me £40 for nearly a year now
its not the machine operators taht owe you, its the pub. Machine operators arent legally allowed to refund cash lost in the machines because its not their money. The pub has to refund you then claim it back from the m/c supplier. loads of pubs play the 'you'll have to call teh m/c people' card.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

last week i had a cobra cabana iou me £90
when it emptied, the coins were dropping but not in the tray
god knows where they were going
got the manager to come and witness the £58 that was left in the bank
that went the same way it was a spoons
they called me the next day and i went in and got the full £90 back
the engineer said it was down to hopper displacement :? :
by the way i got the £90 by having £15 in the bank from a couple of features then got the top which went for £75

now though i am owed £74 from friday night off a top giza same pub
it went up to £88 in bank then dumped back to £74 and said iou £74
should be getting that back this week its so annoying though having to wait i mean if the manager sees it says iou then surely they should just be able to give it to you there and then
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Just got the cheque through already! holy moly that was quick!

<3 crown leisure :)
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

spoons seem to be really good at giving money back for things like that

ive not had an IOU but 3 times now ive had a strim alarm go off on a DNA for a bad feed mech and the 1st time they said did you have anything in bank i said no bout ive put about £35 in so ill wait for the service team to come..they said couldnt come today but took my address and number

next day got a call saying it was fixed...delighted, went in a they gave me BACK £30 id lost to the m/c..couldnt believe it..not even banked money but played credits before it strimmed on me...

needless to say it went back in and took for £50 :D
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

[quote="&quot"]spoons seem to be really good at giving money back for things like that

Agree with that i had a spoons owe me £90 that was not in the bank
had collected itself from £90 back to £58 showed the manager no coins were dropping in the tray then the £58 went into the m/c somewhere
They rang me within an hour and i collected it the next morning no hassle no questions at all well done the spoons
theoak

Post by theoak »

I had a mahince IOU for £34 a bit before xmas. Guy switched it off and gave me the money. Came back 20mins later, it was back on with the bank in it; which i collected. :D

dunno WHAT he was thinking?!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Had an IOU on Jackpot Gems for £68 between Christmas and New Years (this was in a spoons). It was only about 10:30 in the morning, the manageress said that I'd have to wait until the LL 'guys' turned up. Gave me name and number and really didn't think I'd get the cash back.
Went in there at about 14:00 and the manageress pretty much jumped on me with 3 crisp twenties and some coins.

Was very impressed! ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yep, had an IOU in MK saturday. GADD hopper jammed, owed £31. Knew it had plenty in it, just one of those things.

The guy said give us your details, we'll call when the engineer comes. About 2 hours later, got the call, money was returned! Surprised! :shock:

I think you can key them to solve it though. Saw a guy in the arcade key an IOU'ed pulsation, then it just carried on paying out. Might be worth a pop 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

I was owed £45 from an impulse by JPM [about 8yrs ago] in toddington services on the M1, was told too leave name and address and they will send it me. thought yeah right, 2 weeks later it comes through the post.... total shocker :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cobwebs 👆
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Yes sometimes you can turn your refill key when iou'd and it will then drop the coins
I have done this on a Most Daunting i was owed £24
Keyed it and it started to drop the £24 out :wink:

Spoons are the best at paying out
Yates' are definately the worst
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

If it is a hopper jam then you can key it and it will try and pay out again, this sometimes can unjam the coin, if it has run out of cash then you have just got to hope that you get good bar staff like the matt's and eddie had.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Keyed an IOU £13 red which some1 had left. I dare say I was rewarded :)

Found one which was IOU 80 and got my hopes up, keyed it and the alarm went off :/
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

A few years ago now, I played an old Global (A knights trail? or something like that) in a Goose Pub.

I got top (£25repeat).

It repeated for £50.
Then again for £75. At this point i thought surely not again.
But YES again for £100! I had put abput £55 in so £100 at this point was a superb return of £45. The money started clocking up on the LCD display £97.....£98.....£99.....then lo and behold......£0!!!!

I played the credits off to see if it was just an LCD problem hoping for the collect button to flash but ...no....nothing...machine straight into attract mode.

Apparently, the machine is supposed to hopper dump around the £70 mark.
Due to the hopper NOT dumping the fucking millenium bug (or century bug) kicked in.

It took me 2 months of pestering the manager daily and threats of court action if I did'nt get my money.

When they payed out eventually, i had to sign a disclaimer that if I won such a large amount of money again and the machine does'nt pay out, i waive my rights to the IOU. i had no choice but to sign it so I could receive my £100. Luckily, I have had no IOUs sice then. (I am barred now anyway, but thats a different story.)