Disgraceful Ways To Earn Money

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Oscar wrote:.... And another thread descends into chaos.

Maybe George or Harry2 will be along later to delete this thread. It makes for such exhaustive reading.
So bloody depressing. Just abusing people for the sake of it on every thread ( which is about one a month these days )
Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

Traffic warden isn't a bad shout. Of course that's only the tip of the iceberg. The real villains are the Masonic 'elite' who reside within your local council. Parking regulation and enforcement isn't inherently a bad thing. However when it becomes more about greed, hovering in the bushes for the meter to tick over etc and less about keeping the flow of traffic clear and steady availability of spaces it all leads back to hidden taxes and screwing people over unnecessarily for the benefit of the secret handshake club.
JG
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

And... there is no Glamour in being a traffic warden. Clearly you need a thick skin, aa you're never likely to recieve any positivity from the public, but it's not what i would term disgraceful. It can at least be justified, the fact that those attracted to the position are likely to be power hungry and self-righteous is a different thing entirely.

I suggested Estate Agents and Car Salesman. I might even extend that to any form of salesman. As someone who routinely has to jusitify my place in society, I feel these jobs are the benchmark for both respectability and dispensability. The feeling of paying extra money to someone, so they can talk shit about something over which they have had no input... Or take some photos of something someone else has worked to make desirable, is SO annoying.

Perhaps, and this is indicative of my own personal struggle, the most annoying thing is that these positions are still considered legitimate. Surely, as more purchases are made online, and the marketplace shrinks to the point that it is clear where the best deal can be had (Google is your friend), the very notion of the salesman will vanish. Or you will be left with a husk of a job, one in which you really are convincing people to purchase what they do not need. Teeth whitening, and a move to JML to star in infomercials are then the only avenue left. And that really is a disgraceful way to make money.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Everything I've ever seen on infomercials is brilliant! That eye stuff that makes the grannies wrinkles disappear is fucking amazing?!
Going skint....
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Does anyone else drink coffee at this time or am I as unique as I feel I am right now?
JG

Post by JG »

I gave up coffee a long time ago. I still have the odd late night, but try to keep my sleeping patterns more 'normal' these days. Back in 2010 coffee and on line poker were night time staples for me.
JG
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

2010 hmmmmm why do I remember a long session at night time through to early hours on Cashino 500 in Reading Services from then? Or maybe it was ever longer ago than that! Was down £400 and ended up with £500 profit. A rare win.

I didn't have any coffee then.