How often do you play fruit machines now?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

How often do you play fruit machines these days?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 am

Never
No votes
Occasionally but not even once a week
62%
once a week
8%
twice a week
No votes
three times a week
15%
four times a week
15%
five times a week
No votes
six times a week
No votes
seven times a week
No votes
constantly, I'm still an addict!
No votes

Total votes: 13

doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Day 10 no car.......what the fuck is mechanic doing with it
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

"no bid, scrap it!"
Going skint....
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Source for the better info I used to get found their way into more "lucrative" income streams.

Makes the win rate a lot lower/more frequent loss learning curves.
lazyboy

Post by lazyboy »

Stubble wrote:Everyone got too greedy. I'm not sure about over, but certainly the last ~10 years may be viewed affectionately. I was quite happy playing before that, and it's possible that I may be happy with a return to more modest times.

You have people that will play anything, absolutely anything. But these people are not contributing enough money to fruits - given the fact that the Jackpot is so high and the profile so flat. Now, the most successful machines receive most of their play from professionals. The distributors would rather keep Triples, Golden Games, and other older games in their pubs: as they will be visited by countless 'knowledgable' individuals during the week, and turn over 100's or maybe even 1000's of pounds in credits.

And here comes the irony, the many players created - all making an ever dwindling crust, move closer and closer to just being punters. You visit 6 Triples, and 4 of them are dead, you maybe win - you maybe lose. You're moving huge sums of money through the machines and making the pubs and distributors plenty of cash, but ultimately your profits will fall. And fall. And fall.

Too many players, not enough Mugs. Come in, but please close the dooe behind you, was always my mantra. I'd be happy making £100 a day. Maybe even £80 a day. But then I don't drive a Range Rover, and my aspirations and pastimes are fairly conservative.

Best case scenario? Nothing playable for maybe 1 more year. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Those who remain would be either incredibly stoic or have the ability to find profit in the most obscure of places. Which is what we used to do. See you on the other side!
How can you live of that with rent and bills to pay, take it youve banked a bit for bad days or its bull
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

£80 a day. 5 days a week. £400 a week.

52 weeks in a year. £20800.

"The 2013/14 HBAI report gave median household income (2 adults) as £23,556. The provisional results from the April 2014 ASHE report gives median gross annual earnings of £22,044 for all employees and £27,195 for full-time employees."

That's from Wikipedia. You will be paying tax on any real job you do.

Yeah, £80 a day isn't enough to live like a king. But I think if you make a choice to have an "alternative" lifestyle, which playing fruits is, then you have to ride it out.

So all the time it was really good, I was waiting for it to go bad. Now it's pretty bad, but I think it will get better. We will see!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Why not claim jobseekers & housing benefit?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Jeff! Wait, what?! We need to arrange a re-union of old-time posters... :D
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Buy an alarm clock and you can get up extra early for those 7am spoons
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Spoons Golden Game must have done a 200 in the last week. Board never goes above £3 on cash stack!
Roll_With_It_Russ

jeffvickers wrote:Why not claim jobseekers & housing benefit?
Tax credits as well..... 26k to get you started, the reason why working does not pay for skilled manual workers.
Roll_With_It_Russ

jeffvickers wrote:Why not claim jobseekers & housing benefit?
Tax credits as well..... 26k to get you started, the reason why working does not pay for skilled manual workers.
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

logopolis wrote:Spoons Golden Game must have done a 200 in the last week. Board never goes above £3 on cash stack!
I had the bust out of it few days ago,only a ton though,alien was boards,time to play in bowl gone