How often do you play fruit machines now?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

How often do you play fruit machines these days?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 am

Never
No votes
Occasionally but not even once a week
62%
once a week
8%
twice a week
No votes
three times a week
15%
four times a week
15%
five times a week
No votes
six times a week
No votes
seven times a week
No votes
constantly, I'm still an addict!
No votes

Total votes: 13

Ruler of The World

How often do you play fruit machines now?

Post by Ruler of The World »

I have the odd go but I'm generally not bothering, especially not with new fruits. I think the games have become a boring load of crap, all the same format, no skills, no rips, no value (unless I'm missing something). Either the programmers smartened up due to the much bigger jackpots or they just found their tried and tested formula and are sticking to it. I used to actually enjoy playing many games, can't say that about any of the newer ones.
JG

Post by JG »

There's not enough to go at all day every day. I know it has been said before, but isn't it looking sad now?
JG
Ruler of The World

The industry is dead!
JG

Post by JG »

it is. Too much diversity,
JG
Ruler of The World

There's basically 2 formats of game now, utter shit! Every game has a DOND element to it, they just stick to tried and tested for years SHIT!
JG

Post by JG »

Doesn't matter if they make a game that turns into a six foot gorgeous blonde with boobs, no one will play it. They'll be in the bookies, on their mobile scone or checking the markets.
It was a phase, like the 80s. It's nearly over.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Doesn't matter if they make a game that turns into a six foot gorgeous blonde with boobs, no one will play it. They'll be in the bookies, on their mobile scone or checking the markets.
It was a phase, like the 80s. It's nearly over.
JG
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Everyone got too greedy. I'm not sure about over, but certainly the last ~10 years may be viewed affectionately. I was quite happy playing before that, and it's possible that I may be happy with a return to more modest times.

You have people that will play anything, absolutely anything. But these people are not contributing enough money to fruits - given the fact that the Jackpot is so high and the profile so flat. Now, the most successful machines receive most of their play from professionals. The distributors would rather keep Triples, Golden Games, and other older games in their pubs: as they will be visited by countless 'knowledgable' individuals during the week, and turn over 100's or maybe even 1000's of pounds in credits.

And here comes the irony, the many players created - all making an ever dwindling crust, move closer and closer to just being punters. You visit 6 Triples, and 4 of them are dead, you maybe win - you maybe lose. You're moving huge sums of money through the machines and making the pubs and distributors plenty of cash, but ultimately your profits will fall. And fall. And fall.

Too many players, not enough Mugs. Come in, but please close the dooe behind you, was always my mantra. I'd be happy making £100 a day. Maybe even £80 a day. But then I don't drive a Range Rover, and my aspirations and pastimes are fairly conservative.

Best case scenario? Nothing playable for maybe 1 more year. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Those who remain would be either incredibly stoic or have the ability to find profit in the most obscure of places. Which is what we used to do. See you on the other side!
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

rofl please shut up talking shit, settle for £80 a day? oh and what a great mantra!
Going skint....
quizard

Post by quizard »

Even if you had two days a week off £400 a week tax free is still more than most people who work get. The thing about making shit loads of money without proper work and not paying a cent in tax on it is that you become desensitised to its actual value.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Stubble wrote:Everyone got too greedy. I'm not sure about over, but certainly the last ~10 years may be viewed affectionately. I was quite happy playing before that, and it's possible that I may be happy with a return to more modest times.

You have people that will play anything, absolutely anything. But these people are not contributing enough money to fruits - given the fact that the Jackpot is so high and the profile so flat. Now, the most successful machines receive most of their play from professionals. The distributors would rather keep Triples, Golden Games, and other older games in their pubs: as they will be visited by countless 'knowledgable' individuals during the week, and turn over 100's or maybe even 1000's of pounds in credits.

And here comes the irony, the many players created - all making an ever dwindling crust, move closer and closer to just being punters. You visit 6 Triples, and 4 of them are dead, you maybe win - you maybe lose. You're moving huge sums of money through the machines and making the pubs and distributors plenty of cash, but ultimately your profits will fall. And fall. And fall.

Too many players, not enough Mugs. Come in, but please close the dooe behind you, was always my mantra. I'd be happy making £100 a day. Maybe even £80 a day. But then I don't drive a Range Rover, and my aspirations and pastimes are fairly conservative.

Best case scenario? Nothing playable for maybe 1 more year. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Those who remain would be either incredibly stoic or have the ability to find profit in the most obscure of places. Which is what we used to do. See you on the other side!
I can't understand why someone of your intelligence would be happy to grind out £100 a day playing fruits in the current climate. If that is the situation you are in then it is a wonder you are still at it.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Thanks for the compliment. Additionally to the many things that people already criticise me for, I also suffer from feelings of low self worth. To sell myself to a potential employer, with no work history, and without a University education would be tough enough. Add to that the familiarity I have with being my own boss and doing what I like, and combine it with the fact that I don't really have expensive tastes, and you can see why I might hang around when others leave. And I doubt it would be £80-100 a day forever. The gaps between fruit machine 'Eras' - JPM to Vivid; Vivid to Extreme; Extreme to Deals, have had plenty of 'lean' times.

The end is when they change the licensing, and bring and end to compensated games. Until then, someone will be making something. If you're too good for £80-100 a day, then the chances are you'll have moved on when the next £500 a day method hits the scene.

And to add to Quizards point... £400 a week Tax Free. Thats above the average wage outside of London after tax. Are we really all so gifted and special that we think pressing a few buttons is worth more than that? At least the quizzers have studied for their gains. Get phoned up with a few tricks and then all of a sudden think you're Gods Gift, get to the back of the Dole queue.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I'm actually content with making £30 after expenses when I go out these days. To avoid a loss is decent enough in the current climate. I only go out for a few hours anyway, twice or maybe three times a week depending if it's a holiday.
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Glasses George
Ruler of The World

Stubble wrote:Thanks for the compliment. Additionally to the many things that people already criticise me for, I also suffer from feelings of low self worth. To sell myself to a potential employer, with no work history, and without a University education would be tough enough. Add to that the familiarity I have with being my own boss and doing what I like, and combine it with the fact that I don't really have expensive tastes, and you can see why I might hang around when others leave. And I doubt it would be £80-100 a day forever. The gaps between fruit machine 'Eras' - JPM to Vivid; Vivid to Extreme; Extreme to Deals, have had plenty of 'lean' times.

The end is when they change the licensing, and bring and end to compensated games. Until then, someone will be making something. If you're too good for £80-100 a day, then the chances are you'll have moved on when the next £500 a day method hits the scene.

And to add to Quizards point... £400 a week Tax Free. Thats above the average wage outside of London after tax. Are we really all so gifted and special that we think pressing a few buttons is worth more than that? At least the quizzers have studied for their gains. Get phoned up with a few tricks and then all of a sudden think you're Gods Gift, get to the back of the Dole queue.
Will's posts are so full of shit, I think he should start farming as he'd have no shortage of manure!