Bingo themed Fruit Machine circa. 1991-1995

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
fat.tony

Bingo themed Fruit Machine circa. 1991-1995

Post by fat.tony »

Hi guys,

This is a complete long shot but worth a go. About 20 odd years ago I used to play on a fruit machine (I believe a 3-reel) which I remember and would like to possibly own it if I can find it. I don't think it was a popular machine as I never saw it anywhere else. It lived in a local club/pub. Bearing in mind I was about 5 years old at the time :-)

The game was based on bingo, the fruit machine contained 2 bingo boards (7x7 numbers roughly) and the numbers were written on half-spheres that would light up. The two boards were along-side each other and I think they were angled off the glass.

It was 5-10p a play and I think the jackpot was £70??? not that it makes any difference as these can be changed whenever.

Any suggestions I'd be grateful for, I've even contacted the club/pub fruit machine supplier and they don't have records dated that far back :-(
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

Just a thought does the club still exist,is there any old pics anywhere ?
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Sounds like club Reel Bingo by JPM. Could be wrong though. Could wins be gambled x2, x3 x4 etc?
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
Mike25

Post by Mike25 »

I think Oscar may be right, was it either of these?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMvR2Cj_w8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8ojJXqDVY

There was also a bingo themed club machine called Reel Magic but this was early 80's. I guess it could have been sited still though at the start of the 90's. I can't find any pictures at the moment. It's likely the Jackpot would have been £75, but may have been £100 or £200.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Of course back in those days fruit machines were a source of entertainment as well as an income stream.

Now what is there? Party Time this and Bullion Bar that, and £5 jackpot machines where you'd consider it a victory just to obtain a feature within a fiver. How anyone can consider playing machines as amusement these days is beyond me.

Just as well we have Youtube, nice to see that some of the older stuff is still about. Phil from Doncaster has quite a collection it would appear.
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

JPM play bingo looks cool! Wouldn't mind one of them myself!
fat.tony

Post by fat.tony »

Hi guys,

Thank you for your suggestions but unfortunately its not the game I remember. However, I have been looking at some old photographs (about 2,000) to try and find this fruit machine to no avail.

But, there are 2 other fruit machines I remember playing "back in the day" in the same place, and I have 2 fuzzy camera images which I hope you guys could help me with. This will be circa 1997, I'm more interested in the one on the right which I have a close-up of. It's called something like "Beat the bank" or "beat or bank", not really sure. I have searched for the game in google but cannot figure it out.

This is the picture of 2 fruit machines, the one on the left is too blurry to tell what it is, the one of the right is "Beat the bank" or whatever its called
http://postimg.org/image/chgcykukz/

This is a picture of the decals which show clearly the letters " *EAT *** BANK"
http://postimg.org/image/d0bqf09st/

any ideas??

It's very weird but I played on these machines when I was around 10 or 11 years old with members of my family and hold a lot of memories, I would love to get hold of one if I can but first I need to know what they're called :-)

Thanks for your help guys!!
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

rofl
Going skint....
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

bubbles wrote:rofl
I don't think its called that to be honest.

Although I can't identify them.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

They look like old 2p/£2 jackpot machines in your pictures. There was an old 2p/£2 machine with bingo cards and silver reels. Think it was called Prize Card.
JG

Post by JG »

There was also a Barcrest mid tech from the £4.80 era called 'eyes down', I doubt it was that from your description, but it's a shot in the dark. Dave from Mr Ps has or had one at some point.

As for the picture, left one looks like a Cops and Robbers, check out the blue siren above the cab and red led cashpots in bottom glass, reserve and main. As for the right? Not sure.
JG
Bakes71

Post by Bakes71 »

I have a JPM Reel Magic and your description is spot on. It's feature lights up numbers in a board and then the 4 numbers in the mide rotate giving multiple prizes.