Sceptre

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
ridye

Sceptre

Post by ridye »

...have rebranded as a brand of cigarettes and stuck a smiling sun in there for good measure. Oh yeah, and they're on a mission to flood the market with digitals

http://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/ ... surrection
flashback

Post by flashback »

Good luck with that is all i'll say. I thought their long term strategy was to simply sell more lists!
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

I knew this would happen when Gauselmann took control. It was evident in our a pub a year ago with the crap they foisted on us.
If the manufacturers embraced digital propelry years ago, the public might be ready for this now.
In 2009 I was in benidorm and played an excellent Uk built export Bell machine called Sirenas. An analogue to video machine. The majority of features were played on the video so there was plenty to do for the punter and a lot more fun to be had. What did the UK market get in the way of analogue to video? The top game played on a video screen. Wow.
It was a half assed way to do it and then seemingly abandoned until games like Winfall recently.
Effectively we have jumped straight from analogue to full digital. And they wonder why, particulary the older players, dont trust digital.
If we had a better transition the UK market might be in a better place to accept digitals.
As it is unless Gauselmann are willing to bankroll Regal/Sceptre indefinetely, I give them 2 years max.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!