What was the name of this Bandit? Anyone know?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
leechini

What was the name of this Bandit? Anyone know?

Post by leechini »

Me and my mate used to play the bandits late 80's and well into the 90's. There was an influx of Watch out for my hidden treasures bandits (eg twilight zone, open the box, 7th heaven etc) that we favoured. I realise this may be a long shot but around this time 1988 to 1992 there was a bandit which had a robot/cyborg wearing a hat and it had a flasher coat opened revealing the prizes for the various wins i think.

We used to refer to the bandit as the flasher bandit which was clearly not it's real name. We had many good wins on this bandit and would like to know the name.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what the bandit may have been named? I know if you lined treble bar, double bar and single bar up in any order you unlocked some hidden features. One of which always meant the highest win with reapeat chance.
jackpotman

Post by jackpotman »

Spectre (BFM)
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

It was called.flasher bandit
leechini

Post by leechini »

jackpotman wrote:Spectre (BFM)
Hi jackpotman. I've read the description of the BFM spectre and it does seem to be the one we used to cane all those years ago. So thank you for that. I have debated on the bandits name for some time now and i'm searching to get an image of it but can't seem to find one. I'm sure from the description given about this bandit that it is the same one though.

Cheers
leechini

Post by leechini »

thecannonball89 wrote:It was called.flasher bandit
Hi thecannonball89. Me and a couple of mates have debated this and we referred to it as the flasher bandit but when searching online couldn't find any trace of one. I've read the description on a couple of websites about the BFM Spectre and that does seem to fit the bill. Just need an image to settle a long standing beer fuelled discussion.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

this settle your bet..?

tabac

Post by tabac »

[video=youtube;RGpP43c2Fjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGpP43c2Fjw[/video]
leechini

Post by leechini »

buzzer wrote:this settle your bet..?

Buzzer Thank you very much that is the one. Happy days winning our beer money on this machine.
leechini

Post by leechini »

tabac thank you for that. Brings it all back to me. superb