Let's have a quick story based on today's events.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Rumpels killed off any chance of me getting in any bingos around here,I'd imagine Harlow Mecca is the place to be
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Haha yeah that guy in ippswich mecca was raving how come your paying it for free lool
JG

Post by JG »

They've changed the article heading now and so they should. Fruit Player certainly put them in their place, was that you Chris?
The ignorance surrounding the whole matter frustrates me. I suppose I should expect it, but it's not pleasant being branded as some sort of crook when you're just using an optimal playing strategy.
JG
kong

Post by kong »

They've changed the title of the piece, but not the URL.

I wonder if once they are finally fixed, they'll reset the percentages on all the machines? If not will they just let random joe punter take the hit for them? (whilst continuing to complain about / slander those that were ahead?)

BTW - I saw someone pressing the buttons on an ATM outside a bank the other day. In broad daylight too. Fucking crooks everywhere.
Oh good, another Reflex.
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

The was almost bang on. But it's actually libel, not slander.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

I'm not fruit player, but agree with the comments.

They don't need to approach it in that manner imo, after all "management retain the right to refuse entry"
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Gala and Mecca must have more mugshots on record than the police! I'll be trying to get back in a few to let of stink bombs on busy nights...
Going skint....
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

feeder22 wrote:I'm not fruit player, but agree with the comments.

They don't need to approach it in that manner imo, after all "management retain the right to refuse entry"
You missed the intermediate determiner: you are "not A fruit player" / one of any substantial merit.
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Posted that twice. I'm nasty, but not nasty enough to say it twice.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

lol. Stubble, would you say what you do for a living has altered your personality more than a more conventional "career" would've? e.g made you less like likeable, more condescending, paranoid etc?
Going skint....
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

No. I've always been a cunt.
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Actually, I'll credit you with a serious response. I certainly have a much smaller social circle, because I've dedicated a lot of time to playing slot. Additionally, for a long time I was fairly ashamed of my career and became a bit of a recluse in my mid-20's.

I am often perceived even by friends to be condescending, but I think that says more about others insecurities than it does my opinion of others. I try to see the best in people, as even being a selfish bastard has its rewards. I don't like bullies and I am tired of stupid one-man-upmanship. Aside from this, bring it on. The games are designed to be competitive, and you should make your mark by playing them well, working stuff out and working hard.

As for paranoia, no. I don't speak to many people and those that I do I trust completely.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Fair enough. No signs of regret, which i find a little unexpected, but good for you. I expect being a selfish bastard may have it's rewards, but I personally wouldn't try and see that as a positive, in any way. "It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice". I believe in this quote, although i find it more difficult to implement in "the game" than outside of it....
Going skint....
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

It's pointless to regret. You choose a path and make the best of it. Whatever field you choose you strive to succeed and be the best. In my eyes this doesnt involve breaking buttons or threatening people. That's the only axe i have to grind. Aside from that I still enjoy my work most days. And when it's over, it's over.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

True. And at least you'll be one of the one's who has something to show for it. AND DON'T MENTION BREAKING BUTTONS AGAIN - THE DEAL OR BUST BUTTON IS THE NEW PERFECT DEAL BONUS BUTTON IT WOULD SEEM! :(
Going skint....