Current situation

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
titchno1

Current situation

Post by titchno1 »

Iv been self employed 2 year now doing decorating I always used to go out atleast twice a week doing fruits for extra money. When I first started working i was obviously not that busy so used to go out on machines more to get a wage and fill in the time.

The beginning of my 3rd year now and I'm rammed with work so I was only out once a week. I havnt touched a machine in over 2 weeks, probably the longest Iv went! Last weekend was my birthday and this weekend I'm at a festival! Novelty is wearing off and if the work is flying in I'm not going to knock it back. Over Christmas and new year it goes quiet so tend to hop back on a few more days a week.

Dunno why am posting this. Maybe I'm happier that I'm working and I'm getting a good reputation of little advertising, rather than going round pubs arguing with people getting arrested and barred from places.

I just don't get that good feeling when I get in after a day on the machines compared to improving someone's home!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Good for you, life is too short to be stuck doing something that makes you miserable. There is no such thing as job satisfaction playing fruit machines, and it is too volatile. Quite a few players I know have packed it in (myself included) and are now working/undertaking some sort of training/doing a degree or whatever. Some others are still a step ahead of the game and continue to earn decent money while others are still enthusiastic and well organised enough to eke a living. Some, however, are just clinging on grimly hoping that the outlook will change, mainly because they can't accept that the game is all but over, but also because they don't have the required skill sets to succeed in any form of employment.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Eventually lost all your red mists and perfects then!
Going skint....
ob

Post by ob »

Oscar wrote:Good for you, life is too short to be stuck doing something that makes you miserable. There is no such thing as job satisfaction playing fruit machines, and it is too volatile. Quite a few players I know have packed it in (myself included) and are now working/undertaking some sort of training/doing a degree or whatever. Some others are still a step ahead of the game and continue to earn decent money while others are still enthusiastic and well organised enough to eke a living. Some, however, are just clinging on grimly hoping that the outlook will change, mainly because they can't accept that the game is all but over, but also because they don't have the required skill sets to succeed in any form of employment.
Sums it up nicely that.
JG

Post by JG »

I'm a part timer. Foot in both camps. Full time fruits is not good for one's sanity!
JG
dog section

Post by dog section »

i still play my fave arcade at hemsby, play croquet every sat night and crossdress on a wed.
k9-sec.co.uk
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

bubbles wrote:Eventually lost all your red mists and perfects then!
I still had them 3 year ago when I first started working. Can I picture myself playing machines for a career full time for the rest of my life. The answer is no.
spa

Post by spa »

Good for you titchno1. Tradesmen are always in demand. I'm a bricklayer and the rates have gone through the roof over the last year or so. Still slot part time as always though as still enjoy playing fruits/fobts.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

dog section wrote:i still play my fave arcade at hemsby, play croquet every sat night and crossdress on a wed.

Oh so its you in Richardsons all the time is it?

At least you won't ever get any vampires attack you Wednesdays, thats the main thing I suppose!