What Is The World Coming To?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

What Is The World Coming To?

Post by Ruler of The World »

I can't believe what I am seeing these days in the bookies! These new games!!!

Rainbow Riches Pick N Mix! You can play £50 a go to pie gamble to a feature which isn't even guaranteed to give you your money back! Gamble for 'super' Road To Riches (4 leps) which is roughly a 2/3 gamble for £50, if you lose the pie gamble you get 5 spins GUARANTEED to give you fuck all! If you 'win' you get roughly £20-500 but mostly below £50! So if we think about the maths here, that means they value the 4 leps feature at around £75! That's bollocks! But then it gets worse! Gamble your £50 for pots! That's a 1/4 roughly (perhaps 1/3), remember, if you lose you get 5 fuck all spins! Even if you hit it, it mostly gives you bronze pot which is just over £50 usually! So you've won a gamble for a feature that's valued at £150-200 but only 1/6 of the possible outcomes can give you £500! 3/6 will give you your money back! Free spins! That's roughly 1/2 for £50! So 10 free spins are usually worth a ton are they??? You need retriggers to make that one worthwhile and they're bloody rare!

Why are they doing this? Why are punters so stupid? Just for the sake of fast forwarding getting to the feature and feed the addiction, punters are paying more than the features are worth just to get them!

I really hope these companies get shut down and bankrupted just for taking liberties and playing on people's weaknesses and impatience! They cause the games to play so crap on normal play just to make sure these games are total rip offs and make people resort to turbo rowing!

This game I've mentioned is one of many absolutely awful creations. I could go on forever about them but I can't be bothered!

Has anyone else played these games? Obviously you can get lucky on them but mostly you're playing at mugs odds and its just wrong.
JG

Post by JG »

I've played a whole pound through pick 'n mix on 20p. I do not have the luck to make it a value game. I just did that to have a quick look at the graphics and the whole selecting features dynamic. I could have asked for £50 of test credit, but I thought it better just to punt a random quid at the game.
Now both AMK and OB are massively up on this game. There's a surprise. Guaranteed if I played it, it'd be disaster or a miracle recovery for evens. I couldn't be doing with the stress and annoyance.
Is this the worst uber spins game I've heard or seen? Not at all.

Now when these £20/£30 spins first hit Corals as an exclusive, myself and OB played several grand through. I mean at 97% how could you lose? (much). We had a little dick around to see what was what. I am thoroughly convinced that Cops 'n Robbers and Bullseye and Snakes were horridly horridly rigged to pay far less than 97%
We both got far far far far far far less than 97% payout. OB did get just the one £500 off Cops, but by and large it was 90% chance of less than money back and 10% of slightly more than money back.
The games were CROOK. Utter CROOK.

It reminded me of cub scouts. Akela had set all the packs the challenge of making the most money from games at the summer fete. Now this was rather foolish as commence a load of kids with no sense of fairplay setting up raffles with no winning tickets and Roll-a-2p games with squares smaller than an actual two pence piece etc ect

It so happened that St James church of the 2nd parish had the most lavish rooftop repairs that the church had ever known that year, but had the vicar known the lack of fairplay, he may have been tempted to dial up Chopley Turnip in the future and ask him to start thge Fairplay campaign a few years early.

These same cub scouts are now working to design these uber spins games and Novomatic bastardisations we see on Fob-Ts and Slotto wank cabinets. However they are now Scouts, so the sense of fairplay and subtlety is slightly enhanced, all be it still a bit shady.

However this Pick 'n Mix is a flagship brand. They might sully cheap and tacky brands with uver riggedness, but usually the big brands play as close to what we can expect to be 'fair'.

Let me just check your posting Ahmed.

£50 pie gives you 2/3 shot at 4 leps.

The super spins are worth £2 each, so £10 then. That's purely going by the values in the paytable. They certainly aren't worth zero as Rob has had £450 from them. However yes, 4 leps, £75, perhaps a bit less as you have that £10 to pay for one in every three spins. Remember Richard has had £500 off three leps.

£50 for pots at 1 in 4, so that's roughly implied £170 value on pots. Every £200 spent on average will be £10+£10+£10+IMPLIED POT VALUE

1/6 chance of £500
1/3 chance of £150
1/2 chance of £50

==> pot value is £83+£50+£25 err £158

Not horrendous odds assuming everything is fair and transparent.

How it plays is real life if you're not OB or AMK is a different matter though.
JG
Ruler of The World

How long have you been working for SG Gaming, JG!?
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Don't go in the bookies then you won't have a problem
JG

Post by JG »

I do not work for SG. Wish I did as then I'd understand the bizarre community mechanic a bit more.

All that effort and you reply with one sentence.

Sheeez.

Basically as Kesh says. If you think they're rigged, don't play 'em. Vote with your wallet.
JG
spa

Post by spa »

So true.

Can't ever see these getting big pots. The highest I have seen is a £159 silver.

Will most likely be a better game (for casuals) on £2 only.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

[quote="doingthem"]Don't go in the bookies then you won't have a problem[/ QUOTE]

In fairness i have to agree with him, cant believe how many players do there crust in the bookies! Turk would be loaded if it wasnt for those places! Can never see the point of losing fruit machine money in those dumps!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
BFK

Post by BFK »

OB is well ahead on pick and mix.

That tells us all we need to know.
Ruler of The World

He's not the only one, the point is it is mathematically screwed up what they value the features at.
JG

Post by JG »

OB works for SG then?
JG
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Is there anything OB isn't well ahead on?
ob

Post by ob »

Pure gold hi tech lol. I have bad luck on them!
skytrax1

Post by skytrax1 »

I couldn't agree more ROTW. They are at the last chance saloon, I get the impression they are going for broke to get as much profit as possible as they know the writing is on the wall for the machines/stakes. It is pretty obscene really I used pop in for a flutter but when I saw the stakes it sickened me & vowed never to return.