Old Fruit Machine Holiday Destinations

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Old Fruit Machine Holiday Destinations

Post by Ruler of The World »

I hate new fruit machines, hardly play them and can't be arsed with them and I fancy a little holiday somewhere away from London. Since you people are from all over the UK, I would like someone to recommend somewhere for me to go where I can play the old things, somewhere where it may be worth my while and preferably a place near the beach or nice bit of countryside. I will be more relaxed and do better form reading in a place like that and hit a big win on the horses, I'm sure. Oh, I will need to be able to get 3 or 4G so I can place my bets online... Basically I just would like the fruits to pay for the journey and staying there.

So, any ideas???
dog section

Post by dog section »

go to yarmouth. time it right and you can wander down jellicoe rd and have a day at the races too. just beware of the seafront. keep your eyes out for every nationality in the world,pregnant 13yr olds,fat women with facial hair,shell suits,argos bracelets and rings with DAD on them (proudly worn by the majority of 12-15yr olds) discarded used needles under the pier and the odd tampax proudly ejected by a bird to prove she isnt yet pregnant. oh and take time to admire the boarded up buildings and if youre lucky you can play the fruities on the displeasure beach,be quick though as theyre only oped for 3hrs a day and close if a dark cloud appears. absolutely dont enter the marine or barking smack pubs unless you dont want to remain anally retentive. enjoy your time. regards from the borough of great yarmouth tourism board
k9-sec.co.uk
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Mr Ps in Maidstone
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Scotland! Loads of old stuff!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
discostu

Post by discostu »

Nazi ITT
Mike25

Post by Mike25 »

I found a few old bits in Margate and Broadstairs that were good when I played them a few weeks ago. Won't be going back anytime soon so PM if interested.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

streakseims wrote:Mr Ps in Maidstone
Paid my first visit late last year. I was very impressed by the selection of old games, real sense of nostalgia in there. It soon evaporated when Hagar took £8.50 for a board on 5p a play, stood under the air conditioning vent, and after several machines not paying out 20p's I soon got bored of it all.

I'd probably go again though, but in the summer with a group of people.

Part of the problem is that since you know all the games inside out you kind of expect the money to just fall out, and it doesn't happen like that because everything is burnt. 11-14 pound for a board on most of the Maygay bits and none of the japes were numbers. I wasn't expecting to make money in there but I didn't expect to plough through a ton within an hour. Nice to see some old classics though. Omega and Viz etc.

The Rags To Ruins played mercilessly tight, I suspect most of the stuff is really screwed down in there. But then it is a business after all.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

11-14 for a board on most of the maygays? is that possible?!!!
Going skint....
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

They were £10 jp as opposed to tokens, and yeah at least 2 of them took over a tenner for a board. Cluedo was okay for a quick £4 off find the candlestick. Viz cost nearly a tenner for a board and Farmer Palmer ordered me off his land after 3 or 4 moves. It had £6 token decals in but was actually £10 jp.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
JG

Post by JG »

That's harsh on the old £10jp Maygays. I played these a lot back in the day and £8-£9 for a board was considered most definitely harsh. Perhaps he has them on a harder profile whereby they streak more but have to suck more as well.
I've not visited either, but your description sounds like how I envisage the place. A trip down memory lane, but definitely not easy money. I believe the machines are now on 80% not 92% and old schoolers do like to keep it nailed down.
I'd visit if I was in the nearby area.
JG
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

South Shields has lots of old school albeit on 5/10p plays. There are 4 separate arcades right on the sea front the rest of the town is a bit run down but you could stay in Newcastle and commute by metro in 40 mins. There's a couple of nobles in Newcastle not a lot doing in either of them really though.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Spa did aload in one of the fruits in there and he left it, bloke walks in the door 5 mins later and straight on it and cains it, was like he was phoned lol

the games are not always all dead but the real classics like JPMs are usually not numbers lol if you dont mind doing 30-50 there is no better place
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
ob

Post by ob »

The percentages are certainly down from what they used to be on plus the locals keep most games pretty hammered....

Dave who runs it is a top bloke tho! Its good for a laugh for old times sake, good choice off old games all very well looked after just don't expect to win!
yorkster

Post by yorkster »

Bit harsh if you consider the other rubbish on offer in spoons, nobles, i have been a few times its a great place loads of classic fruits, there is about 140 fruits so plenty to choose from, few might be burnt yeh but if you move about without getting to involved theres always something ready to give a bit of play.

And south shields is about 50 minutes away from me always worth a trip one arcade has plenty of classics, andy capps, coaster,monopoly 60, las vegas strip. each way nudgers, plenty of mpu 5 stuff only 5p and 10p but a good day out and i never spend much, unless i go in the other arcades with the 500s and barx 7s, and there is a 30p 15 quid pyscho cash beast which is always worth a few quid.
philips1985

Post by philips1985 »

reel fruits isnt too bad as when i was there last noels house party gave me super jackpot for 3 jackpots 8 quid

then 3 more jackpots it was magic