Queen - Greatest Hits lo tech

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Queen - Greatest Hits lo tech

Post by JG »

I saw a 3 player unit the other day. 30p/50p/£1play 86/88/90% at £100 jackpot.

It wasn't a clone. Win plan was just about palletable. Mixed bars £1,£1,£2, cherries, £2,£2,£3, single bars, £3,£4,£5, double bars £5,£7,£10 and triple bars £25, £25, £25. You just needed one feature symbol on the win line to start the feature.

The feature is straight forward, you have three discs. Each disc has cash amounts and either move up or on the final third disc £100 or STREAK. One symbol on line will trigger a slow spin on the remaining reels to spin for a chance to upgrade your feature as two symbols starts you on 2nd disc, three on 3rd.

It's in the same cab as Juicy Fruits community and Street Party. Various samples from Bohemian Rhapsody, Play the Game, Ride my Bicycle, Another one bites the dust and We are the champions. There is also a catchy guitar riff on getting a win which plays over and over as it clocks up, I couldn't place this song in the discography though.

From memory disc 1 has two arrows and £3, £5, £6 and £8. Disc 2 has two arrows and £8, £10, £12 and £15 and disc 3 has £15min, £20, £25, £30, £100 and STREAK.

Anyway I try the first score on what a lot of folk refer to as gay stake, ie 30p and it was giving a few £1-£3 wins, but nowt interesting. There are no holds or nudges, you just spin on start or auto start and occasionally it awards a winning shuffle or a series of winning shuffles which are not that exciting, usually cherries roll in, it steps down to mixed bars etc It can shuffle onto feature though if it wishes. Obviously not getting a quick feature to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyhow, first feature cost about £100 on £1 stake after that initial score on 30p and it shuffled onto two discs, spin (it stops pretty quick) for arrow, third disc and it stops on £30 just before the £100. I carry on and it's quite a noisy machine in this top secret location. It plays the vocal harmony from Bohemian Rhapsody on getting a win and that guitar riff on clocking up and the other unplayed units will be playing 'bicycle' or 'play the game...play the game...play the game' etc

Although it's an original concept, I'm guessing it's similar profile to the two recent Monopoly lo tech games and the Juicy Fruits. However Juicy Fruits/Gems can take the piss on £1 stake and not give a single win for £50, I didn't see that on this, but not saying it isn't in there. I'd also imagine the uber cycle hopper emptying streak is in there. One of the noteys was off and these were £10 recyclers.

Anyway had a bit of a session. Didn't see triple bars once. Next feature rolled in the symbol on reel one. "GALILEO!" it squawked at me making me jump out my skin and then the slow spin which landed on reel two but slipped by on reel three. Disc two stopped on £12 before the arrow. So that was that.

It does like disc 3 but features can be costly and it'll usually give £20 or £30 I found. It looped round until I was about £270ish deep and then it did the £100 followed shortly by a £30 and then seemingly dead after. I imagine it's on a hard profile so it looks good on test that it does big streaks more often. However I had to sack it about £140 down as it was near last credits. Anyone else played one and got STREAK?

It also has that scroll up and down on the blue LED effect on getting the feature like some pinball tables do and the old Cops and RObbers with Bonzo did on attract for VIC, BERT etc

Glittery reels lit blue, lots of visual stuff and audio samples, looks good. Was a bit miffed at the cost for the features which tended to be over quick and can bin you off with £5 or so on disc one, all be it then it usually came back within the score.
JG
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Does it play "Another One Bites The Dust" when you put a note in and get two minutes "amusement" ??? Sounds like a very expensive jukebox.

Hope you're still making a few quid, George.
Roulette free since December 2011.
ob

Post by ob »

harry2 wrote:Does it play "Another One Bites The Dust" when you put a note in and get two minutes "amusement" ??? Sounds like a very expensive jukebox.

Lol!
JG

Post by JG »

Expensive jukebox is probably a good summary of this machine.

Another one bites the dust plays when you have a winning shuffle. Usually to a quid.

I'm still making a few pennies but don't let the industry bods see or else they'll chip machines to have four reels and only pay out on 5 of a kind or more. Dond The Bag of Bollocks coming soon.
JG