What was the first machine you ever played?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
AMK

What was the first machine you ever played?

Post by AMK »

I remember playing line up in an arcade. It also had some strange PCP machine called in for a penny in for a pound. My other memory was standing on a bar stool to play open the box by Ace. I remember winning tokens and them being taken off me.

Then it was losing all my pocket money every week on Sonic, Monopoly 60 and Viz.
... Join The Party!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Knockoot!
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
JG

Post by JG »

Truth be told I cannot remember the name of the first machine I played. It was a 2p affair, probably with mustard buttons and same same any for a 4p return. It had treasure chest symbols on it. St Nicholas Park cafe, Warwick.
JG
AMK

Post by AMK »

I can't remember those. did they have the melon meter?
... Join The Party!
JG

Post by JG »

I was but a mere whippersnapper at the time. You've got to remember this is an isolated first experience of playing something that fascinated me. Alas I cannot say for sure if it had melon meter or not. I suspect not. It was a pirated seasidey treasure chesty type machine.
If I was to undergo regressional hypnosis perhaps I'd remember the name.
JG
AMK

Post by AMK »

Did they always have fruits in pubs? Or was it only in arcades originally? Maybe we need someone old to answer this? Who is old?
... Join The Party!
dog section

Post by dog section »

all i can remember was it had two bingo boards on it. clubber with 10p stake and 100jacky.
k9-sec.co.uk
ob

Post by ob »

AMK wrote:I remember playing line up in an arcade. It also had some strange PCP machine called in for a penny in for a pound. My other memory was standing on a bar stool to play open the box by Ace. I remember winning tokens and them being taken off me.

Then it was losing all my pocket money every week on Sonic, Monopoly 60 and Viz.
Lol turn it in mate you probably smashed those monopoly 60 and viz. We wouldn't have it any other way!

I know I smashed low jp machines in my youth, that's what got me hooked!

If you made a ton you'd feel like a king!
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

good luck making a ton on monopoly 60 and viz....

how old were you when you used to "smash" low jackpot machines?

I'm obv a bit older than you and the machines were different but i personally could never consistently beat hardly anything up to age 17 it was more about hanging around and pouncing when someone had lost then skimming or streaking it! i brained from age 8-16 hard!!!! NEVER had a £500 upturn in that period for sure.

then i discovered the big boy arcades! it was easy street and the rest of my life was ruined :(
Going skint....
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

and i started by rolling the 1ps in between the lines with the 10p highest win!

i now achieve daily what would've been pure ecstacy to me back then, only now it's a prison cell!
Going skint....
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

death sentence!
Going skint....
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

i can't escape!
Going skint....
ob

Post by ob »

I was about 13 onwards. The 5 quidders were all stuff like great escape fruit explosion etc streakers and the old jpms like roller coaster. Then you had the old globals spotted dick etc that even without the empty were easy forces. There was other stuff I'm probably forgetting...

Used to sneak in and play the 10 then 15 jp stuff aswell ie old crests hilo sumo etc then after that the 15 numbering jpms which were easy easy money early days.

Was a proper addict back in those days, loved it. Long past that these days, but still don't mind the days out.

You're right on the fact once you've been in the game a while it's hard to get out. A number of times I nearly went another way but then something always comes out! Then the years fly by and you're stuck as your cv has a 10 year gap!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Rat race. Each way shuffle. Moon bug!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Used get £2 on each way then squash screen down so reels couldn't spin.
The Duke of betchington Betchrider