jackpotty

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
eurovision1984

jackpotty

Post by eurovision1984 »

Why is it so quiet these days ?
I heard that most of fruit chats members are now posting on jackpotty,
I even heard that jg now posts on jackpotty.
Has fruitchat been abandoned ?
Maybe fruitchat needs a few new moderators,
Ruler of the world would be my first choice to become the next moderator & lord red linesman my second choice.
fruit chat is the best chat forum in the uk
JG

Post by JG »

Welcome loyal posterererererererers. There is no need to be worried. Past trends indicate quiet decades are usually followed by decades of intense chat. I am currently posting now and again on Jackpotty, purely for the reason that you barely get a response on here some days. I think ROTW becoming moderator is an excellent recommendation. However only admin can make that change. Lord Linesman is not currently in the country and is undertaking far too important duties to be postating on here.
JG
dazza33

Post by dazza33 »

I think part of the reason fruit machine forums are quiet is a lot of players now realise it is a waste of time and money to play these days. In the early 90s £5-£20 jackpots with decent gameplay. Now its Deal or No Deal clones, £500 jackpots, fobts etc. The players in the past would say losing £100 was a extremely bad day years ago now its £2000 losses which can't be kept up. Last time I played a pub fruitys was in a JDW pub and lost £60 in about 15 minutes. One was a DoND and other Star Wars clone. Anyway in a DoND £30 in before board which forced £2. Star Wars same no feature after £20 then small wins till busted. Woke me up to how much of a time waster it is. These days I read the forums but don't play and my bank balance is a lot healthier. A lot of players have quit the game now hence the quietness.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

What is very noticeable for me these days is how unplayed most fruit machines are, most of the time. I play the quiz machines only, but this gives me a lot of time to observe how things are on 'the other side of the fence' and it is really common to see 6 or 7 machines in a pub and not one getting any play during the hour or so I am there. I suppose if the machines take money off punters so quickly when they are actually being played, then it's still worth the while of the games and pub companies to have them, but it's not hard to see why pubs that go through a slightly more 'upmarket' refurb usually get rid of ALL electronic machines when they do so, given how much space they take up and how garish they look flashing away constantly.
JG

Post by JG »

I'm rather perplexed myself why pubs have multiple, well more than two machines. Logic dictates that for them to remain there, they must pay their way. Yet like you say Nil, it's rare to see much play these days. There are exceptions. For example about four months ago Leicester High Cross Spoons, all four machines being played, all be it one of them was by me. The Square Peg Birmingham, five machines being played at once at lunchtime. These are exceptions. Far more common is no machines being played for long periods of time. Plus those examples I gave are city centre Weatherspoons rich in culture(ahem) and diversity (ok then). Students, stockbrokers, scallywags etc
I suppose the pub has a captive audience for those who have the urge for a punt. God knows how much the average fruit takes per week nowadays.
JG
ob

Post by ob »

They had to start getting the low stake punter back and these new rigged deal games one's are perfect fodder for them. Nice and cheap for phones but gives the low stake punter a go at the game for cheap! They'll be happy just to see deal they won't know it's rigged!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Someone thought better of it.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I wouldn't moderate, I would just ban a couple of pricks and watch the old folk who knew what they were on about get back to having a proper chat because it would be a much more pleasant forum!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Would you ban me?
Ruler of The World

Would depend on your behaviour.
discostu

Post by discostu »

would u ban yourself?
Ruler of The World

Of course not! What a ridiculous question! I'm trying to buy the bloody site!!!
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Would I be allowed in
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Of course not! What a ridiculous question! He's trying to buy the bloody site!!!
Going skint....