Could you please help with gambling study? :)

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
LouiseM

Could you please help with gambling study? :)

Post by LouiseM »

Hi everyone, my name is Louise and I'm a psychology masters student at Nottingham Trent Uni carrying out research into online gambling behaviours. I am looking for people (over 1 8) to take part that gamble online for a variety of reasons, whether with real money or simulated gambling - I would be so grateful for anyone giving up a short amount of their valuable time to fill in my online survey :)

If you would like to take part in the study please click on the link: http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/ntupsychology/ogap

Thank you so much in advance, Louise
JG

Post by JG »

I'll have a look soonish when I'm a bit less busy. No doubt Mark Griffiths has lectured you at some point on your course.
JG
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I've completed the survey, I wish you well with your studies.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Thank you both so much. Yes JG :) Mark Griffiths was influential in my choice of research area.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

all done and i wish you all the best with your research too.
dog section

Post by dog section »

ive done it too
k9-sec.co.uk
JG

Post by JG »

Ok, now I'm back safe and sound, so survey done.
I mentioned Mark Griffiths as a friend bought me one of his books ages ago. 'Adolescent Gambling' was the main title. The friend inscribed the inside cover with 'not so much of a book, more of a mirror'. This was when I was in a dark place with gambling. The book was very interesting, but heavy going also as much of the subject matter was presented formally as in the format of scientific papers.
The name Mark Griffiths@Nottingham Trent is often in the national papers and various journals whenever there is an article about gambling addiction. Most recently such articles have tended to focus on the proliferation of bookmakers on the high street and the effect on the gambling population of the high stakes fixed odds betting terminals situated inside.
All the best with your research.
JG
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Thank you all so much for your time, the number of people competing the survey has risen over the past couple of days, which is great as on Monday I'll have to finish collecting and start data analysis stuff!

JG that is one of the books I have actually borrowed from the library - sorry to hear you were in a dark place at that time. That is very true, the amount of research he has done related to gambling (and other addiction related topics) is amazing, I know he has also focused on some of the more positive aspects to gambling too. If you are interested in his writing I find his online blog quite interesting! Thanks for your best wishes :)