How much more?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
messiah

Post by messiah »

Jackpots are too high - too much danger of going £20 in and only getting on a feature a couple of times, before swiftly being dumped back off. They stop being fun to play - and people stop playing them...
CJS

Post by CJS »

Ruler of The World wrote:Why are jackpots on fruits increasing? When we are in a bloody recession and people get so upset about gambling, all the betting shops advertise now is that you can set gambling limits on FOBT's...it simply doesn't make sense!

As far as I'm concerned, I think the best amount is £25-35. I just feel that's an amount which the punter feels is worth winning and not worth getting excessively upset about someone else winning. Also, it makes it less painstaking for us when we are having a hard time on them and not getting hundreds of pounds deep into them as with £70 and £100 variants.

I would be extremely happy to learn that this jackpot reduction will be made, I just don't see why they are so high now. Even looking at it from the punters' point of view, do they really want to be surrounded by such high jackpot machines everywhere they go? I doubt it very much.

I would be interested to read other peoples' views on this and sincerely hope it won't turn into a one liner filled thread ruined by the usual culprits.
I agree its a good point about the jp inc. Board entry cost is very high and this is a definite factor to decrease pub customer willingness to have a go. Bit demoralising also being into certain games for 70/80 pound inside 20 minutes despite early phones. The higher the jp the more the fixed controlled nature of the boxes kicks in and the less inclined skills are to play a part in any future game. Need some ton versions of battleaxe and rev that work on steps ha. Jesus anything similar with a bit more thought required and gameplay would fit the bill. Pretty boring time to play.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Wow, we're actually on topic on page 2! Wonders will never cease!

Well, I agree with everything CJS says, of course it would be great if there were similar things to Battle Axe out there on £100, £80 nearest wins, skills you can hit jackpot on off a £20 feature, etc. They'd be great! But I think the companies are too aware of that stuff now. Pity! I'd love skills and thought to come back into these games rather than the crap we have to put up with now!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

This is something I've been thinking about for the past couple of years at least. I'm surprised it took this long for it to be made a thread topic!