How much more?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

How much more?

Post by Ruler of The World »

Why are jackpots on fruits increasing? When we are in a bloody recession and people get so upset about gambling, all the betting shops advertise now is that you can set gambling limits on FOBT's...it simply doesn't make sense!

As far as I'm concerned, I think the best amount is £25-35. I just feel that's an amount which the punter feels is worth winning and not worth getting excessively upset about someone else winning. Also, it makes it less painstaking for us when we are having a hard time on them and not getting hundreds of pounds deep into them as with £70 and £100 variants.

I would be extremely happy to learn that this jackpot reduction will be made, I just don't see why they are so high now. Even looking at it from the punters' point of view, do they really want to be surrounded by such high jackpot machines everywhere they go? I doubt it very much.

I would be interested to read other peoples' views on this and sincerely hope it won't turn into a one liner filled thread ruined by the usual culprits.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Where's Kesh?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

We are not in recession, the figures are showing economic growth and are forcast to continue, every effort will be made to keep this trend till general electikn has passed.

those are low incomes maybe as sqeezed as ever, but finances will always be this way without access to credit for the poor.

If you couldnt afford to gamble 10 years agk the same stands now, it has not made any more unaffordable.

the biggest difference I see is that people go deeper, simply because they see an oppourtuniy of the win due to higher prizes on offer.
Ruler of The World

Can a moderator please delete this thread? After reading such crap replies I think this shows why it's just not worth posting on this site.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

What do you expect after the ridicule you needlessly give people who are new to the forum?

Nothing wrong with Russ' response, i don't necessarily concur with what he has said but it's an opinion.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:We are not in recession, the figures are showing economic growth and are forcast to continue, every effort will be made to keep this trend till general electikn has passed.

those are low incomes maybe as sqeezed as ever, but finances will always be this way without access to credit for the poor.

If you couldnt afford to gamble 10 years agk the same stands now, it has not made any more unaffordable.

the biggest difference I see is that people go deeper, simply because they see an oppourtuniy of the win due to higher prizes on offer.
Just because George Osbourne stands up and says 'we are no longer in recession' doesn't mean it is true. And figures and stats are easily manipulated to paint an altogether rosier picture. It's all propaganda, aimed at making joe public believe we are out of recession to get people spending again and stimulate the economy.

People who feed FOBT's in bookies are propping up the economy, so don't expect any legislation tightening the laws on gambling any time soon.

That said this is all my opinion, you may in fact be right in what you say.

But has gambling really not become more unaffordable?

Really??
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
Ruler of The World

Richard, you really do irritate me sometimes! I ridiculed someone who couldn't string a sentence together and who wasn't even posting an opinion! What Russ said is total bollocks and he too can't write to save his life!

The point is my trying to make an effort into having a serious debate on this forum is obviously wasted on a mixture of people who:
* know fuck all and are here to soak up all the info they can
* think they are/were players but never have been
* know quite a bit but aren't stupid enough to spread it around like melted butter
* are wind up merchants who have no desire to do anything but disrupt posts with remarks only they find amusing.
* think they are great writers but in fact would struggle to write something as high level as The Beano.
* are just plain idiots, wastes of space and, to steal your favourite word, Richard, degenerates.

If only someone would contribute a decent reply or 2, it would be worthwhile posting - but they don't.

I find being on this forum is rather like being trapped in a cave with angry and hungry cavemen with seriously awful breath, waving their clubs about.

I really don't see the point in bothering with this anymore.

You are the last one who should be mouthing off after your rant the other day - which you backtracked on because of your love affair with this forum. I suggest you either get a stable mindset or stick to poker once a week while you moan and groan on here. I guess always being around equally bitter people makes you feel less like the absolute lemon you are.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oscar is right ,,,,,,,, the country has never been worse , with imigration out of control , ''REAL" jobs at an all time low ,,,,,,,,,, with more n more people signing 0hr contacts ans subsequently 3 people sharing 40hrs etc ,,,,(but hey it makes the goverment figures look better :) ,,, )
Little discipline = BIG issue

bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Ruler that was a pretty good post and i think you are a combination of 70% category 2 and 30% category 5?

;)
Ruler of The World

And you're obviously what 70% of 'men' from Brighton are...
tommya

Post by tommya »

Wtf
spa

Post by spa »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:We are not in recession, the figures are showing economic growth and are forcast to continue, every effort will be made to keep this trend till general electikn has passed.

What he said.
spa

Post by spa »

trayhop123 wrote:oscar is right ,,,,,,,, the country has never been worse , with imigration out of control , ''REAL" jobs at an all time low ,,,,,,,,,, with more n more people signing 0hr contacts ans subsequently 3 people sharing 40hrs etc ,,,,(but hey it makes the goverment figures look better :) ,,, )
Though unemployment was lower then the norm..... not looked for a while mind.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

thats how much printed money has entered the uk economy, "out of thin air", thats to prop up asset values and keep the big finacial institutions ticking over.

thats whats wagered on terminals, the profit is a somewhat smaller amout and the tax take less so.

to say the money staked on the terminals is propping the county up in any sort of way does not add up.
Oscar wrote:Just because George Osbourne stands up and says 'we are no longer in recession' doesn't mean it is true. And figures and stats are easily manipulated to paint an altogether rosier picture. It's all propaganda, aimed at making joe public believe we are out of recession to get people spending again and stimulate the economy.

People who feed FOBT's in bookies are propping up the economy, so don't expect any legislation tightening the laws on gambling any time soon.

That said this is all my opinion, you may in fact be right in what you say.

But has gambling really not become more unaffordable?

Really??
dave233

Post by dave233 »

You certainly have a point ,- let me add my twopence worth! Not only are the jackpots higher but the smaller payouts don't seem to have changed at all! ie -there are 30p machines which are still paying out 40p for three cherries. As a player from around the eighties these payouts havn't changed at all!