Thoughtless

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Thoughtless

Post by JG »

An associate of mine rang me today. He was considerably calm given the circumstance. £720 deep in Winwall £70 by Astra. It had given him one board for £15 at the start of the session. One £50 win and naff all else bar the odd £2 stars and fiver bars. Admittedly he had broken the big Winwall button, but forgivable given the circumstance.
The question I would like to ask Astra and will keep repeatedly asking until I get an answer is "Why do £70 Winwalls play so bad nowadays?"
The % remains the same on all stakes. I never liked these fom the off. Big losses in Freeman's Park put me right off them. BFK did £600 for a board in Luton. Yet my associate proclaimed they were good value on £1 play. He believed this to the point that he'd actively travel to different locations to play them. Anyhow, the last few times I've played them it as only been because I've been on something else and seen them filled up by a hapless punter. Every time it has appeared incredibly dead for the first £200, barely nudging and not sending LES game when it does! It feels like the machine is massively dead and this is on both flick up and non flick up units, eventually after about £200+ of losses, it gets a bit more lively. Why so dead? Well a number of explanations could fit the bill. One, it's an Astra and therefore likely to be bent to fook. Two, it leaks value on 25p which is the stake most grannies play. Say it pays 86% when the 82% for example. So when someone tries £1, a higher variance dangerous stake, it's out of tune and needs to recoup value. Three, there's an emptier or method we don't know about.

Anyway, I'm holding Mystery Plum fully responsible for this dreadful atrocity. Please explain this vile behaviour!
JG
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I fondly recall machines from yesteryear that I deemed worthy of playing, to the point where, on a particularly active day, I would venture as far as 200 yards on foot (as long as the sun was shining brightly in the sky) for the sole purpose of playing one for financial gain.

Of course the machine in question would naturally become less profitable as time passed, software updates, % tweaks and the fact that they were now being targetted by other players were contributary factors, and I simply counted my blessings and moved on to something else.

That's probably what has happened here.

Regards,

Oscar
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Cant beleive what I have just seen
BFK

Post by BFK »

Seen or read?

Was it Rob????

Yes I did do £600 in one for a board. No lies. No bullshit that's what it cost. I did recoup about half of that in the end.

I also did £500 for no feature in a gala which were generally 2/4% lower than the Mecca versions. I just left it as Altho I had further funds at home I just simply laughed it off.

I also remember said associate saying how great they were. But after losing about £2k in about 5 attempts I simply stopped playing them. I'll have a dabble occasionally these days and have found them fair enough. But on a £ can be fucking brutal. Way more brutal than solids etc as there is no comm, no outer bars set up so it's mainly les entry and roll ins. Which on £ stake can cost a fortune.

I never did get one of the fabled 'big tops' or 'mad streaks' that were talked about, but for me that is no surprise.

Same as getting a streak on solids and clones. It simply doesn't happen. On the rare occasion it does. It's flat flat flat. But it must be said I don't mind these. But with some galas running these as low as 80% you don't stand much chance really.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Sorry for replying by the way Rich!!!!!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

This thread seems awfully different to how I read it last night, bar the 1st post…

JG, although Oscar did seem rather overly aggressive in his reply to you, you really aren't doing yourself any favours by behaving the way you are with people's posts. You may as well just ban everyone, create a few accounts and post to yourself all day under various aliases of your own in a futile attempt to make this site worth reading!
BFK

Post by BFK »

Ruler have u had a bad nights sleep or something??!!!!!
Ruler of The World

Er… yeah but that's nothing to do with what I wrote! I was in shock, thought it might have been a dream!

I always liked JG but the way he's been carrying on for the past 6 months or so, he's rapidly becoming tedious and irritating as well as extremely hard to empathise with and defend.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

You wait ages for a bit of life on this board then some pesky mod gets trigger happy.

What went on? Just being nosey
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

To be fair it wasn't JG who edited my post, but I pretty much stand by what I said.

I don't see how him and Rob can go round emptying 4 King Cash all round the country and then inveigh against another product when it plays up. George is stooping really low these days in order to generate discussion, and should just accept that this website is becoming defunct and move on.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

You didn't miss much Feeder.

In essence George thinks a machine is bent if he can't win on it.
JG

Post by JG »

Right, in true 'Round the Bend' fashion, I'm going to start at the top and work my way down - or was it the other way around?

I was having a quiet night indoors after a fairly mundane day in general. Rob, yes it was Rob, had phoned me with a loss story. Now I always have a joke with Rob about how lucky he gets, but to be fair to the guy he is running mostly freezing cold at the minute. Then he tells me he's £720 deep in a Winwall. Now even to a seasoned lo techer that raised eyebrows. You know, if Kidgloves was reading that whilst having a late night snack, I'll bet he may have choked with some severity, causing his wife to consider using the Heimlich manoeuvre to revive him. All I was doing was sharing that experience (The Winwall) with the board. Now you might say nobody cares. Well I say if nobody cares, could they stop caring somewhere else that isn't a board dedicated to fruit machine chat? Please? Is that too much to ask. If you don't care, then simply log onto http://www.notfruitchat.com and carry on with you piousnessesesses there. Let me go through what I saw at 11:14 which was just my post and at approx 11:33 the next day which is this disjointed ramjamble of postings.

So at the top my post. I was going to edit it for some grammatical and contextual errors to make it smoother to read. However I daren't touch it in case the fingers start wagging. I will hold my hands up and say that as a mod I've done my fair share of deletions and alterations. However since JGgate (exact date unknown) where anything that gets edited is automatically blamed on me, let me say that I am VERY prudent on what I trim down. Case in point, recently someone anonymously had a pop at feeder on the board and feeder bit back and I'm pretty sure the anonymous popper under another alias PM me requesting I delete the thread, but I thought no, I am JG, I have a reputation for muddling and meddling with threads, I will let this mantle fall under the borough of another moderator, so I ignored the request for better or worse.

OK so we move down to Oscar's first reply which appears pleasant enough. It was edited at 8:45am but it's a decent reply, a thoughtful response so good, we're off the mark. Then we come to Titchno's posting. Possibly gobsmacked at the £720 figure or maybe by Oscar's original response which remains a mystery to me. Next up, a perfectly reasonable reply by Paul sharing his experience of the game. Fine. But then Paul posts again this time to say Sorry for replying btw Rich. This leads me to think that Oscar's original post was suggesting people need not reply to me. Possibly that, or even worse an underground smear campaign is in progress to stop people replying to my posts (smiley face - but many a true word said in jest).
Then Ruler's post. Now I conclude there have been big changes overnight whilst I have been asleep. Oscar overly aggressive? but his first reply appears perfectly pleasant. Is ROTW mad? Probably not but then I get the old JG the superediting mod stuff again. Well I've already covered that, I can't turn back time. I can't even edit time or delete time. So I will have to live with my history. BFK then replies with 'have you had a bad night's sleep'? A fair point ROTW does seem a bit crabby today, especially with tha newbie who he compares to a beached whale. The ROTW next post. The way I've been carrying on for the past 6 months? I wasn't aware I was carrying on much, I mean there's hardly much to talk about is there? However some may see this post as annoying and tedious. Again, c'est la vie. Defense de fumer. What can I say? Then feeder's post. Some pesky mod got trigger happy. Maybe. It wasn't me. Anyway as to what got posted, you and me both are in the dark.

Ok so a rather tedious, annoying summary so far yeah? BUT THEN

OSCAR: "To be fair it wasn't JG who edited my post, but I pretty much stand by what I said.

I don't see how him and Rob can go round emptying 4 King Cash all round the country and then inveigh against another product when it plays up. George is stooping really low these days in order to generate discussion, and should just accept that this website is becoming defunct and move on."

POINT ONE: What has me winning on 4 King, (ahem best humour him) errr CASH got to do with Rob losing on a Winwall? They're both made by Astra. SO many bizarre assumptions and logic in your post and attitude in general Oscar. Because I get an emptier on one game I'm not allowed to criticise another game? WTF? Stooping low to generate discussion? Sorry pal, not meaning to be rude or anything but go star bracket ampersand percentage yourself yeah? If £720 for a board isn't worth discussing, what is? If this website is so defunct why are YOU still here? Maybe you're defunct if that's the case. Sure the board is way quieter, so what?

Then 'In essence George thinks a machine is bent if he can't win on it'

Partly true. I'm guilty of that sometimes. A great player once said "If a machine appears to be paying way under %, you are playing it wrong or it is made by Astra and Mystery Plum" OK he didn't say that last bit, but yes I do call the "RIGGED" card too quickly, hands up but in fairness to me I gave OPTIONS as to why Rob paid £720 for a board, so don't be too quick to paint me with the same old brush.

Cheers,

Much love as always,

Also for Kesh, who won't be bothered to read all that, here is a summary of my posting......"BOLLOCKS!"

Ta,

JG
JG
Ruler of The World

Right, well that's the first time in ages I have actually read an entire post by JG! I must admit, I chuckled! I am in a bit of a mood for personal reasons but this in no way affects what I have posted here and I will explain what has gone on…

I'm not going to write what Oscar wrote again because he obviously chose to change it and doesn't want it to be seen but I would say it was a bannable offence! Maybe not permanent but certainly for a while… sorry Oscar, I'm not stitching you up anyway because you find this board is dead and buried anyway so I'm merely saying you might as well not bother with the suit and shoes and give the funeral a miss!

My reaction was obviously one which was incorrect BUT due to your own HISTORY of altering people's posts, it stank of JG Editing to me and understandably so. I doubt there is another person who posts on here and knows about you, JG, who would blame me for making that assumption!

And now to back up my statements about how you have been acting over the past 6 months… well, I feel you used to be more humble and less like THE BIG BOSS MAN of Fruitchat. I've lost interest in this site due to lack of posts and people getting ridiculously personal, its like being in a nightclub with semi famous rappers in the VIP bar - a few drops of alcohol and out come the knives and guns and bottles are being broken everywhere… pathetic, really. Every thread has a slanging match and of course the same names are always in there, particularly Mr. "I'm Too Good For This Site" Kesh who came crawling back.

Boring, as is the usual drivel you write about your experiences on randoms, I could write mine on a weekly basis but I'm not into torture. And no, its not entertainment… its just drivel. You write well, you just write about utter crap which doesn't interest anyone and your only other form of mild entertainment is the blooping and irritating altering of posts.

Perhaps you're a nice bloke, JG, I wouldn't disbelieve anyone who tells me you are, but your persona on here is rather arsehole-ish and I'm sure I'll be sin-binned for this or slated by sympathisers, perhaps vilified beyond all comprehension… you might even bloop my post up or simply turn it into another report on a random 500 that no one will read… frankly, I couldn't care less.

As for Oscar, surprising that he actually edited what he wrote because it was justified and to the point, if a little bit bitter - but that's something he is renowned for along with this Poker buddy. I guess he realised it was something he could get the boot for and decided posting on here means something to him after all. Rather self-contradictory if you ask me...
discostu

Post by discostu »

I star bracket ampersand percentaged myself this morning, if anyone is interested.