Thoughtless

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Astras in the dead part of the pay cycle, always been a part of the programming.
BFK

Post by BFK »

You would know 'know it all russ'

JG edit: In true *(&%wit book style, JG likes this posting (thumbs up thingy)
BFK

Post by BFK »

At least you think you do.........
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

JG wrote:Right, in true 'Round the Bend' fashion, I'm going to start at the top and work my way down - or was it the other way around?

I was having a quiet night indoors after a fairly mundane day in general. Rob, yes it was Rob, had phoned me with a loss story. Now I always have a joke with Rob about how lucky he gets, but to be fair to the guy he is running mostly freezing cold at the minute. Then he tells me he's £720 deep in a Winwall. Now even to a seasoned lo techer that raised eyebrows. You know, if Kidgloves was reading that whilst having a late night snack, I'll bet he may have choked with some severity, causing his wife to consider using the Heimlich manoeuvre to revive him. All I was doing was sharing that experience (The Winwall) with the board. Now you might say nobody cares. Well I say if nobody cares, could they stop caring somewhere else that isn't a board dedicated to fruit machine chat? Please? Is that too much to ask. If you don't care, then simply log onto http://www.notfruitchat.com and carry on with you piousnessesesses there. Let me go through what I saw at 11:14 which was just my post and at approx 11:33 the next day which is this disjointed ramjamble of postings.

So at the top my post. I was going to edit it for some grammatical and contextual errors to make it smoother to read. However I daren't touch it in case the fingers start wagging. I will hold my hands up and say that as a mod I've done my fair share of deletions and alterations. However since JGgate (exact date unknown) where anything that gets edited is automatically blamed on me, let me say that I am VERY prudent on what I trim down. Case in point, recently someone anonymously had a pop at feeder on the board and feeder bit back and I'm pretty sure the anonymous popper under another alias PM me requesting I delete the thread, but I thought no, I am JG, I have a reputation for muddling and meddling with threads, I will let this mantle fall under the borough of another moderator, so I ignored the request for better or worse.

OK so we move down to Oscar's first reply which appears pleasant enough. It was edited at 8:45am but it's a decent reply, a thoughtful response so good, we're off the mark. Then we come to Titchno's posting. Possibly gobsmacked at the £720 figure or maybe by Oscar's original response which remains a mystery to me. Next up, a perfectly reasonable reply by Paul sharing his experience of the game. Fine. But then Paul posts again this time to say Sorry for replying btw Rich. This leads me to think that Oscar's original post was suggesting people need not reply to me. Possibly that, or even worse an underground smear campaign is in progress to stop people replying to my posts (smiley face - but many a true word said in jest).
Then Ruler's post. Now I conclude there have been big changes overnight whilst I have been asleep. Oscar overly aggressive? but his first reply appears perfectly pleasant. Is ROTW mad? Probably not but then I get the old JG the superediting mod stuff again. Well I've already covered that, I can't turn back time. I can't even edit time or delete time. So I will have to live with my history. BFK then replies with 'have you had a bad night's sleep'? A fair point ROTW does seem a bit crabby today, especially with tha newbie who he compares to a beached whale. The ROTW next post. The way I've been carrying on for the past 6 months? I wasn't aware I was carrying on much, I mean there's hardly much to talk about is there? However some may see this post as annoying and tedious. Again, c'est la vie. Defense de fumer. What can I say? Then feeder's post. Some pesky mod got trigger happy. Maybe. It wasn't me. Anyway as to what got posted, you and me both are in the dark.

Ok so a rather tedious, annoying summary so far yeah? BUT THEN

OSCAR: "To be fair it wasn't JG who edited my post, but I pretty much stand by what I said.

I don't see how him and Rob can go round emptying 4 King Cash all round the country and then inveigh against another product when it plays up. George is stooping really low these days in order to generate discussion, and should just accept that this website is becoming defunct and move on."

POINT ONE: What has me winning on 4 King, (ahem best humour him) errr CASH got to do with Rob losing on a Winwall? They're both made by Astra. SO many bizarre assumptions and logic in your post and attitude in general Oscar. Because I get an emptier on one game I'm not allowed to criticise another game? WTF? Stooping low to generate discussion? Sorry pal, not meaning to be rude or anything but go star bracket ampersand percentage yourself yeah? If £720 for a board isn't worth discussing, what is? If this website is so defunct why are YOU still here? Maybe you're defunct if that's the case. Sure the board is way quieter, so what?

Then 'In essence George thinks a machine is bent if he can't win on it'

Partly true. I'm guilty of that sometimes. A great player once said "If a machine appears to be paying way under %, you are playing it wrong or it is made by Astra and Mystery Plum" OK he didn't say that last bit, but yes I do call the "RIGGED" card too quickly, hands up but in fairness to me I gave OPTIONS as to why Rob paid £720 for a board, so don't be too quick to paint me with the same old brush.

Cheers,

Much love as always,

Also for Kesh, who won't be bothered to read all that, here is a summary of my posting......"BOLLOCKS!"

Ta,

JG
To be honest I can't remember what I originally wrote to merit Paul's response but I don't remember it being anything too sinister. In fact i'm sure it was intended in jest but appreciate it may not have been interpreted that way. You're assertion that because the machine is made by Astra it is likely to be bent rubbed me up the wrong way, (but had a certain irony to it) along with your appeal for an explanation.

Now, contrary to your opinion of me, I have great sympathy for anybody who loses such sums of money in a fruit machine with a £70 jackpot... Anybody, be it someone who I have time for such as Paul, or anyone else such as Rob. I've been on the receiving end of many a session where I've wondered how I've lost so much money in a single unit. Maybe in Rob's case there was a problem with that particular unit, or, horror of horrors, there are elements to that game which you are as yet unfamiliar.

You have stated that you are too quick to play the 'rigged' card, which amounts to admitting you were out of order, and in the spirit of forgiveness I shall accept your apology of sorts and draw a line under the matter.

In no way am I saying that just because you can empty one of a specific manufacturers machines you can't criticise another. Nothing is exempt from criticism. The problem is that it makes you look like someone who raped a woman from sub saharan Africa and then complained about catching AIDS.

My brother actually edited my first post because he felt i'd overstepped the mark, and said I shouldn't get wound up on his behalf, because he frankly couldn't care less. He then posted an insightful response which addressed the points you raised, but I deleted it after I pointed out to him that it wasn't necessary for him to offer an explanation. It was up there for around ten minutes at around half past 9 this morning so you may have missed it.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

so erm ahmed m8 ,,,, make up your mind , first you say oscar's post was a bannable offence , and then later on you say it was justified ,,,,,,,, lol

but you are right why people dont post anymore ,,,,,,, because the ridicule from 1 liners like kesh etc is mind numbing

as far as offering analysis of fruity's ,,, win or lose ,isn't that the point of fruitchat ? everything is open to discussion or criticism ,,,,,,, including my post

bottom line oscar , the jealously in your mind over jg not giving you 4king back when it was plentiful, shines through the pages of fruitchat like a huge repeating citrus torch .

he never gave it me either ( perhaps because im a well documented security risk , fair enough ) till the dreggs stage ,,,,,,,, but then why should he give it any of us ,,,,,,, would you yourself honestly give out something that you had discovered , knowing that you had it exclusively and that with care could net you ten's of thousands of pounds ????? ,,,,,, bollocks ,,,,,, utter utter lemon bollocks

it never made me bitter towards him ,,,,,, i just got on with my own life .

now to sum up fruitland in general ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im not talking will, ryan , colin , mateo etc ,,,,,, im talking for 90% of everyone else ,

its fucking unbelievably hard out there ,,,,, ( im sure folk like gary have their seaside old stuff to fall back on etc) ,,,,,, im sure there are a few elite still doing well who know that little bit more than the next man ,,,,,,, thats the nature of the game ,,,,,,, i know i cant tar the top of the tree and those skilled to work things out with the same brush

but for everyone else ,,,,,, its just bollocks ,,,,, fucking dross , cant make a bean , and moping up a small weekly supliment on their remaining shithole pub 70's ,,,,,,,,, people getting jobs galore , or on the dole with no float ,,,,, or simply scouring the country for keybets etc,,,,

you know in reality just how shit it is , when the only traffic on fc are threads dug up from 2006 , because nobody's got nowt really to say lol,,,,,,, theres more activity in technical ffs ,,,, and even more on nofruitchat.com lol

but you know what , this post will still probably be followed up by people claiming to make a grand a week on new pub hi-tecs ,,,,,, just to try to remain top boy bullshitter among their peers lol

perhaps things will get back in gear ,,,,,, as long as theres percentage gaming n all that ,,,,,,, but right now a good 90% of those of us brave enough to admit it are ****FUCKED**** ,,,,,,,,, now playing for a living has always been a privilege and not a right , so i have no qualms with the current state ,

we adapt , get jobs (part time at least ) whilst keeping our hand in the scene .

bring on the ridicule
Little discipline = BIG issue

deadeye

Post by deadeye »

shit stain rings a bell
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

exemplary deadeye , a well constructed thought out critique

rehab

Post by rehab »

I don't get the point?
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

trayhop123 wrote:exemplary deadeye , a well constructed thought out critique
just quoting what was in the original post by oscar
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

deadeye wrote:just quoting what was in the original post by oscar
ahhh , ok bud fair do's ,,,,,, most of didn't get to see it

discostu

Post by discostu »

I really don't think you should be raping sub saharan African women, oscar.

It sounds awfully extreme considering its just a fruity you lost on.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I'm not going to ridicule you Lee.

You do a good enough job of that yourself.

For the record I never expected, nor would ever expect George or anyone else to work out something valuable and then give it out. It makes no sense, striving for an edge only to ruin it. You come across as a bit confused to be honest. I've said on many occasions that JG handled that trick very well, apart from the gloating on here, and that he deserved every pound he made from it.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

trayhop123 wrote:
but you know what , this post will still probably be followed up by people claiming to make a grand a week on new pub hi-tecs ,,,,,, just to try to remain top boy bullshitter among their peers lol
Maybe people will follow up your post claiming to make a grand a week because... they actually are, not because they want to be seen as 'top boy bullshitter' among their peers. Or maybe they will just laugh at that ridiculous comment and carry on. Dare I say it Lee, but that comment makes you sound er.... bitter. As though you can't accept that there is that sort of money out there.

When you say 90% of people are brave enough to admit they are fucked, do you include yourself in that statistic, or have you wrote that just to make yourself feel better about your situation?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

Oscar wrote:Maybe people will follow up your post claiming to make a grand a week because... they actually are, not because they want to be seen as 'top boy bullshitter' among their peers. Or maybe they will just laugh at that ridiculous comment and carry on. Dare I say it Lee, but that comment makes you sound er.... bitter. As though you can't accept that there is that sort of money out there.

When you say 90% of people are brave enough to admit they are fucked, do you include yourself in that statistic, or have you wrote that just to make yourself feel better about your situation?

i love your selective quote of me ,,,,,,,

above that if you bothered to read it , i said this doesn't include the top boys

im sure there are those that may reply to my post genuinely making a grand plus on hi-techs ,,,,,,,,,, i think by now we know who are the genuine posters though and who are the bullshit brigade hiding behind false accounts etc.

and yes i do consider myself in the 90%statistic who are for the time being , struggling immensely ,,,,,, ive never ever made out i was top boy status.

as for whose bitter ,,,,,,, your a joke ,,,,, you forget i go out with george occasionally and have heard the stories of 4king negotiations , and the subsequent bitterness , which im sure george will probably elaborate on now ,,,,,,,, ( he's normally a very polite live n let live type of guy) ,,,,,,, but you have insulted him massively.

you not bitter over the whole 4king thing , and your own demise from being a saddict to minimum wage pleb(not that theres anything wrong with working for minimum wage , i will be joining you soon) ls legendary .

in the early days all your posts stunk of an air of superiority ,much like will's ( maybe its a norfolk thing lol) before your fall from grace

the pages of fruitchat run yellow ,,,,,,, and it isn't piss

Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Tray, your 1st point about my post shows a serious lack of intelligence on your part I'm afraid… if something is a bannable offence that makes it wrong to write? I don't think so! Therefore there is no need for me to make up my mind!