R.I.P. Fruitchat

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

R.I.P. Fruitchat

Post by Ruler of The World »

This is the deadest I've ever seen it. Good luck mods, its gonna be you posting to each other by the looks of things!
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

I would say this is normal as everyone is out today getting their own turf burnt as most would not of gone out yesterday (unless you have no children/much family)

Next 2-3 months will be shite, £100 jackpot realeased just in time for everyone to not have money to play em! Gamblers will still gamble but not with a big bank roll.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
JG

Post by JG »

There's not much activity on any of the AWP boards at the moment.
We're no longer the market leader and there's a lot of negative influence that further drags the board down into comatose levels.
I'm not having a go at you here Ruler, you've done a lot of thought provoking postings over the years, but if members only post to say how dead the board is, there's a curious dynamic/irony that exists which only serves to deaden things even more.
We're down to the point where the core posterererererererers are highly disillusioned. A lack of material doesn't inspire people to get posting. Look at it like this. You're walking down a street and fancy popping into a pub for a pint. You see one pub with no one inside, no music, it's like a morgue.
In the next pub there are loads of people, a bit of a buzz and some entertainment.
Which pub do you go in?
We're now down to the point where if you want a board that has its own unique flavour and history, then support this board. Post about your day. You can still post and be discreet about locations and methods. It's the quiet pub syndrome. No one wants to open their mouth first, the ice is setting in and needs to be broken.
However there is also a lack of replies for reasons I can't quite understand. There are plenty of genuine members viewing, but no one wants to post. OB noted this. You'll post something relevant and interesting to the forum and often it gets ignored. Whilst OB hasn't disowned these forae, he is more active elsewhere these days.
With increased social media and connectivity these days, the members that used to use this forum as a direct means of communication now use social networking, Skype, mobile phone or meet face to face etc

So to all these harbingers of doom I say this "Either go to Jackpotty and the like or stay here and post something".

If the board stays too quiet, I can't see admin paying to have it hosted here for much longer. It'll shut down all together or rub shoulders with the UKFMP on some free hosting portal. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.
JG
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I'd like to take this opportunity to re-iterate how redundant this forum has become.

There. I have posted something.

I do browse Jackpotty from time to time, there are aspects to that site that I like, such as the vintage machines section and games that failed test. But MPUMecca is the place for old stuff. What irks me about JPF is that you can't make a post without certain words being converted into graphics, and it's smiley central on there. It makes reading posts rather exhaustive. Also there is a section extolling the virtues of the Barcrest pie gamble. It just encourages people to take risks. 'My day' usually means someone goes out and smashes it and posts all the details online, but to be fair it is all balanced out by the odd tale of woe.

There is FAAAAAAARRRR less bravado on there and generally a better atmosphere, probably testament to the work the moderators do to tidy up all the argumentative posts. Having said that I picked up an empty on there a year or two ago that some excitable clown had alluded to, thanks for that.

Some of the contributors have a fondness for gambling that exceeds the norm, almost working themselves into an orgasmic frenzy as they explain in intricate detail how they ripped 2 out of this or got a repeat out of that, and sometimes my eyes roll reading such accounts but then I think to myself 'good luck to them, at least they get excited about something'. Some of the casual posters would get torn to shreds on here by the smug.

The difference is that alot of posters on here have endured years of gambling and had all the enthusiasm and zest for the game beaten out of them. On other site there are a lot of fresh faces and people new to the game.

Also this site is a bit cliquey, with conversations going on between certain members that nobody else can follow because they are either non-sensical or part of some private joke between members of a clique. Having your posts sabotaged by moderators doesn't help either, nor does being banned for expressing a perfectly valid opinion.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
ChrisBrighton

Post by ChrisBrighton »

Good posts George and Oscar.
ob

Post by ob »

The how to fix my machine questions seem to be a major goer on here still
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I dunno what it is with this place I just enjoy coming on. Just the fact their is people who do the same thing. My day story's are good.

Today I'm going to a William hill with 2 70+ lucky8s that has a red mist close and a keybet that was creeping up to past the 200 mark. Then I have keybets that were 250 mark that needs checking I found a couple of weeks ago with machines on route from bookie to bookie. I might post a live my day this weekend for some entertainment. Nobody has done a one of them in a long time. The reason I say this weekend if I do it today you will get 'sat on lucky8' then that wil be it for 9 hours.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I think my efforts to liven up the place were fine but there's simply no one reading. I've never even browsed any other forums since joining this site.

Looks like my loyalty has been wasted.

I have to say, mods and admin are responsible for dampening of the atmosphere with their ridiculous levels of strictness at times and failure to address real problems when the are present.
JG

Post by JG »

I'm reading and your loyalty is appreciated. I look forward to the live my day if it happens, even if it is just pot shots on a roulette.
Another reason for less posting is it's more hassle to post on tablets and smart phones. I no longer thrash out as many giant postings as my fingertips can't take the pounding!
A mostly good posting by Oscar there, I found that on the whole, it was a pleasure to read and agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed within.
I'll try and do a summary of my recent playing outings sometime tomorrow.
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

maybe the 100's will liven things up a bit
Little discipline = BIG issue

bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Red mists will reappear in numbers i think. please let the reverse still be there!!!!!
Going skint....
ob

Post by ob »

bubbles wrote:Red mists will reappear in numbers i think. please let the reverse still be there!!!!!
On what grounds are they going to reappear in numbers?!?!??!
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

well most suppliers have loads and they take alot as so popular and i've seen the upgrade so just supposition and hope!
Going skint....
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

they reglass them, I remember when perfects where like reflexes, every pub had one but not there rare! It won't be in Btw on mists
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
spa

Post by spa »

100% reglassed. There'll be some, just not 1 in every spoons.