The Start Of The £100's, DOND Turbo.

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Post by JG »

It's bizarre. I heard someone say, maybe it was cf, that punters didn't like Reflex because of the quick board death scenario.
Now I don't disagree with cf on this point. It does raise an interesting issue though. Remember Neptune's Treasure and clones and well pretty much any slightly dead Barcrest of that era? Second move death was uber dooba ploopity common on those style of games. As far as I was aware, this didn't depreciate the desire of casuals to play them, perhaps a confounding variable being those games had a streak in them, whilst Reflex is merely force for mega streak and hope for afters for minimal loss or moderate more annoying loss.
The point is we can criticise modern games all we like and yes, a lot of them aren't great by any streth of the imagination. Yes, maybe the heavily skill based Japers did vexate a few casuals enough for them to become dedicated followers of the Bar-X cult. More so the £80 for a board shenanigans of an unclipped 'zing and similar would alienate (ooh a pun there, didn't mean that to happen) even the most ardent trenchcoat addict.
The fact is it has always been incredibly complex to pitch a game just right. It's a bloody mammoth task. People want different things. Some people want a board for a fiver which will probably pay £2-£10 and on every twelftieth blue moon pays the jackpot. Some people want the phones to open so they can play the DonD and get a £20 box, not £35 or £70 as that'd be greedy. Some people want to chuck a load over the back and then get three flashes so they can do a my day posting about it. Some people want a bit of tussle a bit of unpredicatability but they want to be able to pay their mortgage at the end of the day. OB wants incredibly long cycle games that on £70 jackpot take £4000 giving back 10% but now go on an uber highly volatile mega high variance periods where they could take another £4000 in cold blood or they might chuck out the £10k uber roll.
The point is it has been bloody hard to pitch it right. Hopefully a game ends up in the right place that captures the attention of the punters.
Now it is so much harder to pitch it right as the FOBT (and other friends) have the market share.
The design has often been far from perfect but it's not the only culpable thing.
JG
tommya

Post by tommya »

Alien 35 never saw one ?
JG

Post by JG »

That's odd Lee. I was also in Southampton yesterday. I popped up Shirley way and found a Deal or no Deal with a popped change stake button. Then I popped into an arcade along the way and made a few bob on an Indy Treasure Trove thing. I popped into the arcade opposite and played out the Cock-a-Doodle Dough, but I think someone had done it. I'm not going to mention the big loss on the Solid Golds as I don't officially play them now and I'm trying to edit out losing stories from my postings.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Only ever saw Alien 35 on Youtube, I think it was Crosby(?) had a vid up ages ago. Super rarity.
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ahh , it all makes sense now ,,,,,, i wondered who it was sitting next to me driving round southampton lol

but yeah on a serious note , and like i have said in a similar thread ,,,,,, we will have 3months of rejuvenated joey munter interest ,,,,, but then it will settle down, their gonna love the dond concept even more with chance of a ton
Little discipline = BIG issue

streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Alien was on £35 correct same as RTB and Amazings I myself don't remember Aliens on £35 but the front of my manual shows mine as a £35 in its original form.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Bit far Southampton for you isn't it Trayhop?!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

pm'd
Little discipline = BIG issue

eddiesdad

Post by eddiesdad »

does anyone think the first 100's will be on ipubs etc because of no decals to change?
kong

Post by kong »

I reckon some people do think that.

But I don't.

Scroll up for an indication of the crap that you will see on day one.
Oh good, another Reflex.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

When the 70s first came out,
They we're quite playable. Enjoyed Family Guy. Whatever happened to that ? Then it was DOND upgrades, retreads, clones.
Nothing new recently, except those awful Reflex abominations.
Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

Family Guy the Monopoly Hot Property clone? Or the 'red dogging' Perfect Game clone? Or even Drunken Clam?
JG
dixie999

Post by dixie999 »

Winfall. Crashes more than ayrton senna
BIGSHOT13

Post by BIGSHOT13 »

i think the £100s change will take a lot of glendale's out of the game
I AM BIGSHOT , MUCH BETTER THAN YOU:)
JG

Post by JG »

I think the £100s will bring a lot more duplicate accounts onto this board.
JG