Work

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Work

Post by Ruler of The World »

What job can I possibly do with just 7 A-C GCSEs (10 A-E) and 2 A Levels? Dropped out of uni in year 1! Did fruits for over 15 years, where is my work experience? What do I have to offer an employer??? Do I get references from pub landlords who barred me for winning to much???

Seriously, what can a player do when he hits his mid 30s? Keep fruiting? REALLY? In this climate? I think not!

Any ideas (or job offers) let me know… please!
doingthem

Post by doingthem »

Mcdonalds
JG

Post by JG »

Someone has had a jolly outing in my neck of the woods. Between Sunday and today they had my local pubs and bingo over. Arcades weren't very fresh either. Lost two Perfect Deals. Had some touches but it was pure checking and grind for a loss today, so I know how you feel. I don't know, errr become a driving instructor?
I mean its rude. Whoever it was. Reset on the lower two stakes and the higher stake played out. Who was it?
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

Me!!!!
ming

Post by ming »

maybe get a qualification in something your interested in at night school, but its expensive a few grand for each course roughly
its all in the REFLEX's
Ruler of The World

JG wrote:Someone has had a jolly outing in my neck of the woods. Between Sunday and today they had my local pubs and bingo over. Arcades weren't very fresh either. Lost two Perfect Deals. Had some touches but it was pure checking and grind for a loss today, so I know how you feel. I don't know, errr become a driving instructor?
I mean its rude. Whoever it was. Reset on the lower two stakes and the higher stake played out. Who was it?
You used to be helpful...
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Ruler of The World wrote:What job can I possibly do with just 7 A-C GCSEs (10 A-E) and 2 A Levels? Dropped out of uni in year 1! Did fruits for over 15 years, where is my work experience? What do I have to offer an employer??? Do I get references from pub landlords who barred me for winning to much???

Seriously, what can a player do when he hits his mid 30s? Keep fruiting? REALLY? In this climate? I think not!

Any ideas (or job offers) let me know… please!
Well qualification wise you are in far better shape than me. I gave up 4 A-levels I was destined to pass to pursue a career down my local arcades. I went back to college a year or 2 later and did a BTEC National adv. in Travel and Tourism, but gave that up because I worked out the numbers on JPMs and felt there was too much money to be made. Which back then there was.

My first piece of advice to you would be to stop punting in the bookies.

There is plenty of work in London for someone with your capabilities, so stop feeling sorry for yourself. You should try finding work where I live...

If you fancy a gamble buy a new DOND, one which will be converted to £100 jp. Bell Fruit have tinkered with the profile somewhat, and if you were to 'crack the code' to use Redlinesman parlance, then you would have a massive edge over the rest of the remaining professionals.
You put a lemon to shame, you bitter cunt.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

plenty of well paid work out there for those without qualifications. getting a foot in the door is another matter.

sales is one of the easiest to get into and the quickest to fail at.

public services like fireman, police, prision guard are well paid with no qualification at entry level.

unskilled work is not going to see wage inflation for a long time yet since there is so much cheap labour about.

self employed services has been the best way to get a decent income over the last 10 years simply because you can work as much or as little as you like and rape the benefits system at the same time.
JG

Post by JG »

Ok driving instructor not for you. Financial advisor?
JG
Ruler of The World

I think I should start my own horse tipping line, I pick enough winners at decent prices - why gamble when I can just tell others to and they keep paying for the advice?
The only police work I would do would be the car chases, fuck the rest. Fireman, enough fire being in pubs so I wouldn't be doing that and prison guard is like being a prisoner. Can't self employ myself, I'm not even getting benefits when I could quite easily do so if I could be bothered.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Ruler of The World wrote:I think I should start my own horse tipping line, I pick enough winners at decent prices - why gamble when I can just tell others to and they keep paying for the advice?
The only police work I would do would be the car chases, fuck the rest. Fireman, enough fire being in pubs so I wouldn't be doing that and prison guard is like being a prisoner. Can't self employ myself, I'm not even getting benefits when I could quite easily do so if I could be bothered.
You sound so sorry for yourself!
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

titchno1 wrote:You sound so sorry for yourself!

yes, said "can't be bothered"

and that is the reason.
spa

Post by spa »

You could collect my bins.
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

No offence but if ur so gd at picking horses why do u need a job?
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Tottenham could do with a striker