Joke

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Joke

Post by Ruler of The World »

The state of things in the fruit machine world now is a disgrace. With so many advances in all other kinds of gaming, why has the gameplay on Fruits gotten so much worse? What happened to skill features? Skill now is peering at the sides of the reel in cashpot DONDs. Why do companies bother 'chipping' little things like p2 LTD? It is as pointless as chipping Dosh N Pecks was! If these companies despise 'rips' so much, stop making games that are stone dead for £85 and then suddenly come to life! Programming is so poor, you can just detect it from all previous understanding of how %s worked in the past if you actually understand how to play a machine and know why it does what it does.

Why don't they make games like Lock N Load anymore? What's wrong with the old JPM games? Why is everything now a boring, shit clone of Beat The Banker? Why must every game have a DOND type feature? Why do some fruits take £300+ of solid rowing to get a flat £70? BAD PROGRAMMING! Even in the bookies, the most basic game ever, Trailblazer, now chipped to fuck! Instead of being able to steal a little profit, its now well over £100 just to open up the damned stars! What need is there for this hell? Even when they were 'good' they would go £200 without a board at times! A £70 jackpot game going £200 without a board!!!! I don't care what the last bloke did to it, there is no justification for this!

Games are so utterly awful these days that I just have no desire to play a new game! Shit, shit and more shit is all we see. Next credits after jackpot giving jackpot if you're lucky is all well and good for the rare occasion you get them, but what about when you're the next person on the fruit? Again this is just bad programming!

Jackpots are too high and they are only getting higher whilst gameplay is worse and worse. Things are so bad now that it is dangerous to visit the shit holes and get those rips off games that no one else could get a jackpot off in a billion years anyway are hotting things up, making people in the pubs/arcades thing you're 'doing something' because "You're the only person I've ever seen get jackpot on that!"

What are these cunting companies playing at? It isn't as though they don't know professionals are out there and exist! Are they trying to wipe them all out? Trying to drive them to Key Bets? They've got so bad now that an entire day of searching yielded no pots of high enough value to justify playing... a relief as they are nothing but a death sentence anyway.

Bring back the old, good, playable games we got hooked on! Today's games are just complete junk.

I've always hated toolers but I can understand why they do it now, they have simply had enough and I wouldn't grass anyone up if I saw them tooling these days, its just what has to be done in the current climate.
ob

Post by ob »

Its hard to make decent games based on a high jackpot end off really tbh! Piss easy to make a game play well on £15jp etc. but if it's got a £70 jp+ it needs too many blocks etc.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

alien? red gamings? tioli? electros? big reds? why don't they just make more machines with playable profiles???
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Alien... No chance of winning ever if a pro lives or travels near it
Red gamings, can be profitable if punters dare to gamble that £50 higher on a 4
Electros... Pointless if you are not a pro/good at skills/ know the way to play them
Big reds, dond.. Punters love them as long as they can get phones.

Obviously pros want machines they can make a living from... Whereas the companies making the machines need to make machines that don't give pros an edge.. As in this climate regular punters are getting put off by normal play on normal machines,... Let alone getting put off by £20 not even buying a board, nudge or successful hold.
Cf

Post by Cf »

There's no reason a machine can't exist that gives pros an edge but also gives punters some enjoyment. It's just finding that balance which on a £70 JP is hard to do. There are current examples out there that I think do it reasonably well, and then you've got the obvious extreme examples such as unchipped LTDs, perfects, etc, which are horrendous for punters.

Rising jackpots obviously don't help from a gameplay perspective. What also isn't helping at the moment is lowering percentages. I now view 78% as high with 76%/74%/72%/70% becoming more the norm.

Just imagine a £100 JP DOND on 70%. If someone JPs that it's gonna take £143 to claw that value back, and that's excluding any collecting of stacks etc. Even upping to 80% is gonna need £125 taking to get the value back.

I've always viewed Triple DOND as a testing of the water of a harsher profile in prep for the £100 JP. The whole phoning cheap but taking £50 for another game feels like a way of it being dead but doing all it can to show some sign of life.

But barring any rips that show up I can't help but feel very apprehensive about any future £100 JP DOND and how they're gonna play. I imagine sessions where you get £100+ deep quickly are going to be very common.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I would love to see more machines where value is achievable through smaller wins, and the jackpot is there as a draw for those that don't know what they're doing.
ob

Post by ob »

Spyder wrote:Alien... No chance of winning ever if a pro lives or travels near it
Red gamings, can be profitable if punters dare to gamble that £50 higher on a 4
Electros... Pointless if you are not a pro/good at skills/ know the way to play them
Big reds, dond.. Punters love them as long as they can get phones.

Obviously pros want machines they can make a living from... Whereas the companies making the machines need to make machines that don't give pros an edge.. As in this climate regular punters are getting put off by normal play on normal machines,... Let alone getting put off by £20 not even buying a board, nudge or successful hold.
I think that last point is a bit reflective of newer build bfm games which can be so swingy with phones that a 70 box often wont really kill it like it would on say a mega etc. Hence making a bit more mug friendly.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

-------
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

try to look at it from the manufacturer's s standpoint . ,,,,,,, yes greed has got the better of them ,,,,,,

but they still have to cater to the masses ,,,,,,,,, and the masses love a deal type game

they dont make machines with us in mind , and why should they ? ,,,,, we are nothing but professional fly's in their ointment of profits

if you were in charge , you would try to blow us out too

if the 100's signal the end , so be it ,,,,,,,, we have had a good run ,,,,, and they owe us nothing
Little discipline = BIG issue

maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

yes, yes we have Lee.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Make the machines 86% and entertaining. Either that or watch mechanical machines go the same way as video games and pinball machines.
Roulette free since December 2011.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

trayhop123 wrote:try to look at it from the manufacturer's s standpoint . ,,,,,,, yes greed has got the better of them ,,,,,,

but they still have to cater to the masses ,,,,,,,,, and the masses love a deal type game

they dont make machines with us in mind , and why should they ? ,,,,, we are nothing but professional fly's in their ointment of profits

if you were in charge , you would try to blow us out too

if the 100's signal the end , so be it ,,,,,,,, we have had a good run ,,,,, and they owe us nothing
selfish standpoint from someone that can no longer make/doesn't want to be in the game any more!
BFK

Post by BFK »

Are you just central bubbles or bubbles with blips at the top?
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

I'm more the penny than a jackpot at the moment!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

0 neighbours go to 6 neighbours on original Global Draws. Back both sections constantly 29-13 through 0 and go hard on 0 and 6 specifically. Before you know it, you're minted or skinted.