Woolwich

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
cloud9

Post by cloud9 »

I think if they were looking for an excuse to get themselves off the hook they wouldn't of waited for the police to turn up you tool
It's grim up north
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I'm not gunna argue with you over this, there's no point...

It's a tragic thing to have happened... I hope the guys family can find peace somehow ( not with the attackers - with their loss )
cloud9

Post by cloud9 »

Fair enough I'm not looking to argue either especially over something like this
It's grim up north
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

People are now saying stuff like at least the EDL don't go around hacking people to death on the streets in broad daylight and never would! Well excuse me but who does? Was this a group thing? Are there gangs of Muslims out there hacking people to death? Isolated incident!!! I am sure people are safe to wear their army gear or Help For Heroes t-shirts and it won't happen again. This has all been blown up so much by people who are now making out that they would expect to be butchered for wearing the aforementioned clothing by hundreds of groups of Muslims who are out there waiting for them! Reality check!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

You'll never catch me putting money in a Help The Heroes tin. All the Armed Forces are well paid and if they're wounded in the course of duty they're well looked after anyway. They're effectively nothing more than hired hands, vigilantes if you like, especially when you look where they're currently deployed. I'd be interested to hear how any of the troops on the ground in these countries would justify their occupation. However, no matter how much I disagree with people being paid to carry out our governments dirty business... I don't like to see violence like this. It's not the way to get your message across.

Does anyone remember when the US military abused Iraqi prisoners and took photos? These are all the actions of small minded immature individuals, it's easy to follow orders... be them from your Captain or from God: in my opinion it doesn't admonish you from guilt.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Noels Beard wrote:You'll never catch me putting money in a Help The Heroes tin. All the Armed Forces are well paid and if they're wounded in the course of duty they're well looked after anyway. They're effectively nothing more than hired hands, vigilantes if you like, especially when you look where they're currently deployed. I'd be interested to hear how any of the troops on the ground in these countries would justify their occupation. However, no matter how much I disagree with people being paid to carry out our governments dirty business... I don't like to see violence like this. It's not the way to get your message across.

Does anyone remember when the US military abused Iraqi prisoners and took photos? These are all the actions of small minded immature individuals, it's easy to follow orders... be them from your Captain or from God: in my opinion it doesn't admonish you from guilt.
Prob the dumbest comments I've ever heard about the military
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

Quote by Henry Kissinger

“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
Mr x Mr Y
Ruler of The World

Well of course a soldier is going to have his/her academic limitations and could be viewed as a hired and glorified vigilante doing dirty work of governments, but how typical of the Beard to overlook the fact that they are still human beings doing a job to ultimately put food on plates!

I feel his post only demonises him further (he does it all by himself) and proves that you have to be sub-human to be on his level which he obviously feels is exalted - I wonder where he gets it from? ;)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i think you'll find that the majority of ladies and gentlemen serving in our armed forces are actually quite intelligent, and learn a trade whilst serving. when you sign up you complete an aptitude test and are then told which jobs you can choose from.

i could really go into one here about how badly our troops are treated in a lot of cases aswell,but i won't.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I'd hardly say they are paid well but not poorly either. As for getting looked after when they get injured badly? Mmmmmm I'm not so sure about that one either. Coming from a squaddie town I see both sides of the people that apply for such jobs. Some just mindless idiots who will go out looking for a punch up or some kind of trouble, who love the idea of getting paid in the hope they can kill or beat up some other soldiers. Probably the likes of what Mr Beard was referring to in his post about teasing and photographing that wounded man, vile disgusting human beings. Others proud of what they do and conduct themselves accordingly.

I'm guessing the people that killed that poor man in woolwich were probably just brain washed by some radical group along the way. Groups that this country know about but instead of kicking the cunts out, we put them up in houses and pay their rent and give 'em some spending money bless!! Fuck this human rights bollox, any KNOWN people with links to these fuckwit religous groups whether they be black, brown, pink or white should be deported without question. That cunt with the hook hand made this country a laughing stock!! And call me racist if u want but if I see someone like that getting on a tube or plane clutching a ruck sack and looking up at the sky muttering and sweating I'm either out of there or watching their every move ready to pounce!!
Ruler of The World

BFK wrote:I'd hardly say they are paid well but not poorly either. As for getting looked after when they get injured badly? Mmmmmm I'm not so sure about that one either. Coming from a squaddie town I see both sides of the people that apply for such jobs. Some just mindless idiots who will go out looking for a punch up or some kind of trouble, who love the idea of getting paid in the hope they can kill or beat up some other soldiers. Probably the likes of what Mr Beard was referring to in his post about teasing and photographing that wounded man, vile disgusting human beings. Others proud of what they do and conduct themselves accordingly.

I'm guessing the people that killed that poor man in woolwich were probably just brain washed by some radical group along the way. Groups that this country know about but instead of kicking the cunts out, we put them up in houses and pay their rent and give 'em some spending money bless!! Fuck this human rights bollox, any KNOWN people with links to these fuckwit religous groups whether they be black, brown, pink or white should be deported without question. That cunt with the hook hand made this country a laughing stock!! And call me racist if u want but if I see someone like that getting on a tube or plane clutching a ruck sack and looking up at the sky muttering and sweating I'm either out of there or watching their every move ready to pounce!!
Nothing racist about that comment, I'd do the same.

I wonder how much that cunt who was mouthing off the camera with blood all over his hands after his butchering session has had off what he called 'your government'?

I've never had a penny nor have I tried to get any!
Ruler of The World

See what those idiots did by killing that unfortunate soldier? Gave a license to idiots like this to feel empowered to continue...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-vRo9ux9o

Meanwhile, I find it very difficult to disagree with George...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLV6Pyc3Nk
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I think you'll find squaddies on tour are poorly paid. Yes, they don't have much outlay but in relation to hours put in, money earned, they end up earning less than min wage.

I find it amazing that these two 'animals' were on a list of people being watched but it was deemed they presented no threat. Hopefully this is an isolated case - with respect to the fact it was soldier/Muslim related - but this sort of brutality is happening far too often in this country, its just a lot of it isn't documented and the media have to highlight this incident and rightly so.

I expect Civil unrest though. These terrorist/extremists are a very small minority of quite a large community. In fact, I wouldn't even put Muslims or dare I say, Asians, as an ethnic minority anymore. I live on street which has over 100 houses on it and I'd say 90% are Asian. Doesn't bother me one iota because they all seem genuinely nice people and I'd hate the area I live in to become tense.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I guess I just think that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. It's just a matter if perspective. These individuals are upset that there are foreign powers in their countries, forcing their ideals upon them. I think that if the scenario was reversed, and that we were occupied and shariah law forced upon us - a few of us might do something as extreme.

On a lighter note... it's fun playing devils advocate.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

And how can you say that judging someone on their appearance is not prejudice? That's exactly what it is.