What is wrong with me?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

What is wrong with me?

Post by Ruler of The World »

I am aware that some of you will scoff at this thread's title and say 'everything' and you wouldn't be far off the mark! However, I would like some sort of analysis from those of you who are willing to be sensible...

Here is a list of things that I feel are wrong with my life for the past 4 years:

From around 2000 I was a total grinder who would do his fruits 12-16 hours per day and never tire of it. However, What's In Your Box's made me lazy for the length of time I did them and since then I have never gone back to the grinding except for a few months on Skill Quests. Beyond that I have been abysmally doing my fruits on but mostly off.

In 2008 and 2009 I had 2 quite severe car crashes (both not my fault and both sustaining shoulder and neck injuries), I have been compensated for these yet the pain is worse now than ever and in some ways I feel disabled because of it. I also have chronic conjunctivitis in my left eye and there is some muscle damage within my left eye so I don't look my best.

Whenever I go out on a route it never lasts a full day and almost always results in having a go In the bookies. I have also been spoiled by the Internet gambling and especially Ladbrokes elite customer service team. I feel I was duped by Ladbrokes and must admit that their bonusing was spot on to keep a fool like me depositing.

I have gone from someone who would always win on a day to someone who is pretty certain to go home with less money than I started with per day.

What I find off putting are as follows...

1. Jackpots are too high and this has ruined the game, people now notice the jackpots as they take so long to extract from the machines, resulting in a high likelihood of being hassled.

2. Checking Key Bets as an excuse to go into the bookies and have a row. Any disappointment leads to going in the bookies for 'relief' even though most of the time it ends up with me taking nothing and only relieving myself of cash!

3. Too much competition and people grind it out like I used to.

4. Pot chasing does my head in... Whether in a deal or key bet they just do my nuts in.

5. No love life! Hence no exercise and eating like a pig, usually the same old take out burger shit.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

time for a change by the sounds of it Ruler.... before you get pushed over the edge
JG

Post by JG »

There's a clear warning in that posting there not to let the darkness within take over. We're all gamblers. Even you Lee. Not you quiz people, you're probably not gamblers to any sizeable degree. Alas some of us are more at risk than others. Now is a good time to reflect on weaknesses, leaks and poor discipline. If necessary make mental preparations to protect yourself.
Ahmed, slotting has got you. It has eaten you up and is chewing on your psyche. McStreak gave you the sage advice to take up other hobbies/change your lifestyle, but you enjoy gambling too much to do that. Rest assured that in gambling, pleasure connects with pain. Recently your mental pain threshold has been quite low. A man can only get beaten up so much before he loses too much blood. You're focusing on periphery in your posting, waffling on about jackpot sizes like it may be significantly causative of your problems. Ditto keybet checking. Your checklist is basically a summary of why you should give up slotting/gambling, but I know you won't, so I can only put it down as whining to let off steam.
It's a vicious circle. You feel sorry for yourself, you gamble more. Your post raises many issues, which I would like to help with, but now is not the time. No love life? You're married and live with your wife yes? So I read this as no sex life. Hit the free radicals, the gym and stop playing that libido sapping dross on FOBT. I'm not a sex therapist but that should get you in the right direction. Chronic conjunctivitis? That is super rare. Most common cause is from blepharitis where greasy eye lid flakes essentially dandruff inflame the conjunctiva leading to recurrent infection. However you mention weak muscle...axiallary? So it could be a mechanical focus or keratanoid focii? Have you even seen your GP about this? Chloramphenicol drops? This back pain. Can you not go private if the NHS is no good to you? You must still have some income if you're braining out on FOB-T. Try to cut out too many refined foods. At least finish meals with a nice crisp apple.
Gambling is sapping your life energy. You want to do something about it but don't have the guts or will power. I feel for you but don't really know how much I can help you.
JG
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I echo those sentiments.

Ahmad the game has beaten you, time to admit defeat. When I say game really I mean gambling in general. You see when you are unable to make money in the nations capital, clearly no longer enjoy playing machines and have a roulette habit there isn't really much alternative to giving up. Why continue doing something that will eventually destroy you? You'll hopefully acknowledge that this is something that has been happening slowly over the last few years.

The truth is that the game has evolved and left players like yourself behind. The sooner you accept it is over the better it will be for you in the long run.

Forget about JB and the others dining at the top table info wise. They are where they are through organisation, forseeing changes in the game and adapting accordingly, hard work and not allowing themselves to be distracted by Global Draw roulette and the like. And saying the right things to the right people, whilst saying nothing to the wrong people. Good luck to them.

A few people I know have noticed that they are suffering losing days on a semi regular basis recently. That in general it is becoming more unpredictable, and therefore more stressful.

A gamble.

For this reason they have stopped playing and taken up safer ways of earning a living, but others are clinging on hoping that there will be an upturn, but also because gambling is essentially all they know. This of course just isn't viable in the longterm, which is where the business minded get out. Only the gambler at heart remains....

Ahmad you should stop gambling, or take measures to help beat your addiction, for your family and your health. I have said all this before and feel as though I am repeating myself. I'm hoping that I won't have to say it again.

If you don't it will only become worse.
Ruler of The World

Well you can all stop worrying because, as some of you already know, I am off soon to a prosperous new land where a complete lack of gambling will keep temptation out of my everyday life.

It is true it has screwed my psyche up. I have tried to sort the conjunctivitis out but to no avail but hopefully a more hygienic lifestyle where fondling coins and notes isn't a constant activity along with rubbing my eye will help.

As for the people at the top you mention, Rich, they do get there by hard work but they also get there by gross manipulation and, effectively, lying their asses off to people like you and I by playing games so carefully that they can cover their tracks... to an extent. But rest assured, people like that always end up getting exposed and do end up facing the consequences - especially when they are behind making people completely relocate just to suit them based on a lie!

As for sex and libido, etc. it is not a case of not getting any, it's a case of not wanting any with who I am currently 'with'.

I will be out of the game pretty much with immediate effect, it's just not for me anymore so I will leave it to those who clearly have not reached the point I have and perhaps never will. I think 15 years of my life is enough of a contribution to this game.

To those of you who wish to continue, I can only say the following....

Enjoy it while you can!
amazing

Post by amazing »

Ruler of The World wrote:Well you can all stop worrying because, as some of you already know, I am off soon to a prosperous new land where a complete lack of gambling will keep temptation out of my everyday life.

It is true it has screwed my psyche up. I have tried to sort the conjunctivitis out but to no avail but hopefully a more hygienic lifestyle where fondling coins and notes isn't a constant activity along with rubbing my eye will help.

As for the people at the top you mention, Rich, they do get there by hard work but they also get there by gross manipulation and, effectively, lying their asses off to people like you and I by playing games so carefully that they can cover their tracks... to an extent. But rest assured, people like that always end up getting exposed and do end up facing the consequences - especially when they are behind making people completely relocate just to suit them based on a lie!

As for sex and libido, etc. it is not a case of not getting any, it's a case of not wanting any with who I am currently 'with'.

I will be out of the game pretty much with immediate effect, it's just not for me anymore so I will leave it to those who clearly have not reached the point I have and perhaps never will. I think 15 years of my life is enough of a contribution to this game.

To those of you who wish to continue, I can only say the following....

Enjoy it while you can!
Ffs man u will be back on here next week stating that u have done your bolloxs again lol
U have no info flow that's the b all and end all of it, ask yourself why????
Coming on here begging in a round about way all the time ain't helping your course is it.
I don't no were u went wrong but I do no from previous posts u have made u have had it good in the past your claim not mine, maybe u are depressed maybe it is over for you I tried to help u get on your feet once and u couldn't even be bothered to get on the train and come down here u wanted me to come to you!
And that's when b,o was new only me and a hand full of others had it, we'll there a few k u missed out on for starters
Would it not be easier if everyone fruit chat just sent u a grand each lol
You have made your own future in slotting same as everyone else on here deal with it
And pack winging
I also had a serious crash which if he's about trayhops will confirm and I nearly lost my life to it, I'm also disabled and have to put up where the constent whispers about how I look etc so what they havethe problem not me

Life's shit then u die
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
Ruler of The World

I had 2 locations and the mafia were on it around here so that's why it was pointless. I know how to play everything but I simply don't bother because my heart isn't in it anymore, time for a change.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Ruler of The World wrote:
Mate every player has had to lie/play down tricks/manipulate people at some point. Everyone has had that uncomfortable moment when a player walks in while you are bang in the middle of something, and you've had to make light of the situation. I have no bitterness towards anyone who has had bullshit me over the years because i've been guilty of it myself.

I've lost contact with a lot of people over the years because of this. I remember one time in a service on the M4, I had started doing something and was going around at night because it was easier to keep an eye out for players. At 3am J from S walked in with an accomplice and I had to stop playing the machine and pretend I was just giving it a casual board. He was obviously suspicious but seeing as he then raised the issue in front of someone I had never met I denied I was doing anything. I then sat outside for nearly an hour and a half so I could go back in and finish the game off.

6 months or so later the method came out and he obviously put 2 and 2 together and that was the last I have ever heard from him. He was obviously pissed off that I had 'decieved' him. One of his friends even rang me having a go at me over it. I told him that he had no right to expect me to tell him anything, and if he wasn't happy then fuck him.

In fact fuck anyone who thinks they have the right to information off anyone, it isn't how it works.
ob

Post by ob »

Thats hardly unfair Oscar, thats not the sort of lying and manipulation that is the issue. Alot of people that get info quick will have got to this position on merit that they cycle round different methods to different people obviously alot of the time having said they wouldn't say anything.

All you need to start that process is one method that's newish and you can start the ball rolling, give it to the next few people even if they don't have anything in exchange so that you are "owed" then glean another method from that and start again. Lying and manipulation involved is ie. Saying you will keep it to yourself, saying you are getting something new soon to give them which you're not in order to glean the method of someone, threatening something in any sense etc.etc.

If you didn't think that goes on you'd be a fool, you get to know (hopefully) who these people are soon enough and in my experience they are often the ones with the most new info.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

If someone had next to no money, through a chronic gambling problem, it would be incredibly difficult to trust them with information no matter how much you wanted to help. This situation has come about in the past and invariably, the information is then used as blackmail to demand a float, or just as a tool to feather ones nest with other information hungry individuals. When you don't have enough money to go out and play the game you just phone up your mate and take him with you, destroying the information.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

ob wrote:Thats hardly unfair Oscar, thats not the sort of lying and manipulation that is the issue. Alot of people that get info quick will have got to this position on merit that they cycle round different methods to different people obviously alot of the time having said they wouldn't say anything.

All you need to start that process is one method that's newish and you can start the ball rolling, give it to the next few people even if they don't have anything in exchange so that you are "owed" then glean another method from that and start again. Lying and manipulation involved is ie. Saying you will keep it to yourself, saying you are getting something new soon to give them which you're not in order to glean the method of someone, threatening something in any sense etc.etc.

If you didn't think that goes on you'd be a fool, you get to know (hopefully) who these people are soon enough and in my experience they are often the ones with the most new info.
Yes we all know the people you're referring to here, but that's not what we're on about.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

ob wrote:Thats hardly unfair Oscar, thats not the sort of lying and manipulation that is the issue. Alot of people that get info quick will have got to this position on merit that they cycle round different methods to different people obviously alot of the time having said they wouldn't say anything.

I see what you are saying but everyone says 'I'll keep this to myself' when in reality some people will already be assessing the potential and longevity of the trick to see who they can pass it onto in order to perhaps reap a fresher trick once it is all over. You need foresight to succeed long term, mishandling information is very costly not only financially but to your reputation.

For example, and Will probably remembers this, a friend of mine had something years ago and felt the time was right to sell it on. He was agitated because we had just paid for a list of P1 Vamp it Ups and were being sidetracked by this, and my friend wanted to recoup some of the considerable outlay. He rang his friend D, gave him the usual spiel that he was the only person being offered it etc and that few people were doing them. Once the phone call was over my friend invited me to try and set up a sale with somebody.

So after some consideration I rang Will, who I barely knew, and offered him the trick, along with the usual pleasantries and sales pitch.

What I wasn't aware of was that he was actually sat in the same car as D at the time.

Oooops.

Not my finest hour, but having been out of the game for a couple of years now I don't really care what embarrassment it causes me. You need your eyes wide open in this game...
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

bottom line , we all get a little disgruntled with the lifestyle from time to time ,,,,,,, im strictly part time myself for similar reasons to yourself ahmed m8

but if your disciplines gone completely , get out now full stop and dont look back

and quit worrying what the top boys are earning ,,,,,,,,, whats the point , the envy train never stops ,,,,,,,, i envy bill gates not other players lol

and top boy status is ever evolving , 1 minute your up , the next your down , thats life

start with a part time job , even volunteer work , anything to get away from full time gambling ,,,,,, just a change of scene

other than gambling , havent you any hobbies/interests ,,,,,,,, films games music etc ,,,,,,,,,, or simply spend a bit of time visiting relatives etc

play with superhero figures and wank into comics like me lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,**ANYTHING**

if you know that the habitual gambler in you wont let you do any of the above ,,,,,,,,,,,, go see your gp , get a referral to get some professional help.

we really dont want another suicide story m8
Little discipline = BIG issue

amazing

Post by amazing »

Oscar wrote:I see what you are saying but everyone says 'I'll keep this to myself' when in reality some people will already be assessing the potential and longevity of the trick to see who they can pass it onto in order to perhaps reap a fresher trick once it is all over. You need foresight to succeed long term, mishandling information is very costly not only financially but to your reputation.

For example, and Will probably remembers this, a friend of mine had something years ago and felt the time was right to sell it on. He was agitated because we had just paid for a list of P1 Vamp it Ups and were being sidetracked by this, and my friend wanted to recoup some of the considerable outlay. He rang his friend D, gave him the usual spiel that he was the only person being offered it etc and that few people were doing them. Once the phone call was over my friend invited me to try and set up a sale with somebody.

So after some consideration I rang Will, who I barely knew, and offered him the trick, along with the usual pleasantries and sales pitch.

What I wasn't aware of was that he was actually sat in the same car as D at the time.

Oooops.

Not my finest hour, but having been out of the game for a couple of years now I don't really care what embarrassment it causes me. You need your eyes wide open in this game...
Not my finest hour just made me smile lol
Guilty as charged pmsl Cheers just cheered my day up and I needed it today
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

trayhop123 wrote:
and top boy status is ever evolving , 1 minute your up , the next your down , thats life

The way I see it if you manage both money and people effectively one minute you are up, then maybe you'll go sideways for a short time, and then your stock will continue to rise.