All Over

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

All Over

Post by Ruler of The World »

I have checked my last pub. Not really, but maybe that's not so far off!

I found a Desert Island Deal put in by Claremont in there, didn't even bother testing it. The looks I got in that place were unreal, it was like that football fracas with Millwall fans, a bunch of bulldogs just waiting for me to put a coin in and shark away and God knows what else...

Some pubs are so small you just CANNOT get away with anything in them, its so obvious, no matter what you do, people KNOW what you're up to. You can't walk around with no coins because cunts like "the landlord" are ready to stitch you up, you can't walk around with too much cash because the Feds can arrest you, apparently you can only have up to £1000 on you, anything more and it can be confiscated and only repaid pending a full investigation. Might seem extreme but wait until those £100s get put in, you'll NEED to have at least a grand on you to start off every day!

Even in the bookies all the games you could make money on are being updated to fuck people up, you know which ones ;) and who is doing it at the moment - all thanks to a greedy bunch of desperados who followed Global Draw trucks around all day!

Key bets, ha ha, people getting banned from them too! Those things are the biggest headfuck ever created, I'm amazed that those who continue to do them all day every day are not yet dead or in sanitariums. You never know when the pot will hit, you never have an exit point until it does, it is the worst form of addiction there has ever been which people treat 'professionally' - all those who play them are just hooked and in denial that they could earn more by finding a decent fruit route.

What puts me off the fruits most in pubs is that sat nav has fucked everything up and some people are going literally hundreds of miles away from their homes because they've stumbled across this and that which was untouched when they hit it. There are no more 'hidden' pubs, it is now a case of how ballsy you are to enter what looks like a total shithole... in my experience going in them is pointless as they are 'one hit wonders'... if you survive!

I am certain that the way things are going with the ever increasing jackpots, the lower level of decency in society and the anger caused by being in what will prove to be at least a triple-dip recession, that professional fruit machine players will soon be targeted as criminals (not that they aren't already) and this will soon result in serious injuries or deaths. I can also see turf wars between players getting to the levels of violence currently seen with drug dealers. This is already apparently happening up north according to those threads that were on a few weeks ago.

There is being brave/courageous in order to earn money and downright stupidity... making money from some pubs these days is as dangerous as trying to rob a bunch of drug dealers - armed with a half eaten hot dog!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

I always like the shithole pubs! Maybe my 5"7 frame and balding head puts them at ease, but i love a shit pub, rip it and chill out after with a strongbow! Sod the easy pubs mate, thats where the gutless go! Lovely mega in east london though if you want it! Should have guessed how rough with pots on 57/70/70! 3 pots, good deal, landlord upstairs on the blower! Taxi for Glendale! :-)
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Ruler of The World

You can help yourself to East London pal, just come down west and train me up!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

No jobs available mate! Fully staffed! :-) West london has never been my area, very well covered, north and east is my main interest! Was with ferdi friday and told him you sent your best! Top man is ferdi!
JG

Post by JG »

Pubs are alright if you've got a driver Glendale. If you look like a pubby person and you buy a 'proper' drink and you can hold conversations about football and such like and you can change your accent a bit and you don't go looking for trouble and you're quite thick skinned and like a bit of banter and a laugh and you're a friendly person then you can get along ok. Even then, some places are pretty much no go. You have to have serious gift of the gab and the ability to spontaneously bullshit when the cliquey Arms asks what you're doing round there. London is diverse and busy enough that any cliqueyness wont be as bad as say going to a small town council estate pub. I'm not talking Friday and Saturday nights, I'm talking about walking in there at 4pm on a Monday when it has two regulars in there. So yes ROTW, I fully sympathise, in some cases it does feeling like robbing drug dealers with half a hot dog.

On a side note my most memorable Keybet session was where I brought Keybet from coldest to in the hot numbers and had a three hour sit NOT to get pot but made £150ish!
JG
Ruler of The World

Absolutely right about the need to be able to randomly talk utter shit which goes down well with the pub folk. I have always had decent levels of football knowledge and have used that many a time in sticky situations. When a match is on or if football has just finished are the most obvious times to use it as an excuse for having just come in to a pub. Trouble is, I don't drink alcohol at all and I can't stand even the alcohol free beer. Whenever I see alcohol free pear cider though, I'm buying it - but that's not so often. I don't agree with buying an alcoholic beverage and pouring it down the toilet or sink, its just ridiculously obvious in my opinion and if you got caught out there's not much you can say to defend doing that!

As for key bets, apparently certain bookies object to you losing 'just' £1 every 20 seconds or so and sitting on them for too long - and their definition of 'too long' depends on how bi-polar the shop manager is.
JG

Post by JG »

I'm curious about bookmaker's staff.
You go in a bookmakers.
They either stare suspiciously at you. "HELLLO!" I say.
They either actually give you good customer service and offer you a drink.
Or they tap away on their computers.

What are they tapping away for? Are they trading on Betfair in between serving customers? Are they doing bookwork? Are they on Facebook? DO they just tap away to make it look like they're busy? Are they looking up my Keybet betting history?

Oh your old man ROTW was probably 'Old Man Bromley'......OB knows of this chap.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Oh and the bookies objecting are just c*nty jumped up middle managers making up rules. Been happening in Spoons for yonks. At least in an independent pub if the landlord gives you a clip around the ear and tells you to behave you know it's orders from the top!
JG
ob

Post by ob »

When the 100 quid jps come out in November should be interesting.

We'll know if its "over" a while after they've bedded in.

Personally I dont play much pub stuff as there is bugger all around, especially in nice pubs! Never liked doing shitholes.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ob wrote:When the 100 quid jps come out in November
has this been confirmed ob m8 ?

if it is , as long as they stick to percentage based gaming , it could indeed breathe new life etc

it could however be the begining of the end

whatever , i welcome the change , , , ,
Little discipline = BIG issue

titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Cant see em bringing out anything new. The latest stuff will probably just get reglassed. thats if the do end up going to £100. otherwise it would be pointless them spewig out all the latest reflex stuff to need to upgrade them shortly.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Upgrade jackpots are always good for faults! Look at electros and empires when they went up from £35! Always "the end" when theres a change! From £8 upwards always doom and gloom but cant see many landlords being happy with £100 pots!
BFK

Post by BFK »

^^^^^^

What he said!!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I agree with Darren also. All I'm saying is we have heard about these £100 so long but they havnt come. If they really were coming anytime soon why would they be bringing new machines out on 70 still? Why wouldn't they just make em on £100 and wait until the change. Instead of flooding pubs with new 70s having to mess on upgrading making more new ones when 100s are here.

I'm just thinking they arnt coming. Anytime soon anyway. I could be wrong. Ill believe it when I see it and it will turn intresting to say the least. Just like everything was supposed to turn digital. Them gamestech cabinets havnt been to bad to us have they!
ob

Post by ob »

Deary me the review is now and the implementation is November this is not up for debate its a FACT. I can't be bothered to fish out links for you but its official! Either that or they decide to keep it at 70 in the review which would seem doubtful given the preferred government option is 100.

Why not make new stuff for 70 its easy enough to upgrade to 100 anyway.

In some sadistic way it would be funny if it did go to total crap just so those always blindly optimistic people on here could be proven wrong..

That said hopefully not though, that initial satisfaction would be shortlived....