Spoons Barrings

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Noels Beard

Spoons Barrings

Post by Noels Beard »

How many have been banned from a Spoons? And how many have managed to get back in? Happened to a friend of mine recently and he was told it was because he put the locals off playing the machines. Any similar stories?
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Got the "you can come in for a drink, but you can't play the machines" bullshit, once. Never took no notice of it.

How did your mate come to his barring? You can't get banned from a spoons for solely playing machines but like any employer there's going to be a few jobsworths.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Apparently the manager just said that when he comes in he always takes at least one jackpot, and that the locals are complaining. He obviously tried reasoning with him, but when he complained to customer services they just said it was a decision made at a local level. I'd never heard of it before that incident.
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Been barred once for that same reason, unbarred myself shortly later. Got one where one of the idiots that works there switchs the games off from behind the bar when she spots me. Tries to play completely dumb to it like there's been a mystery power cut every single time. I would complain to my local area manager if it was within her jurisdiction. Cricklewood spoons has a nasty Irish couple that like to switch the other games off if you get a JP. You do get the odd spoons that's got an attitude.

Generally speaking though I've never had a barring that's stuck in a Wetherspoons.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Iv never had any trouble in chain pubs. There is a toby Cavery local to me that used to get a power cut once you were involved, it was a mystery...
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Never been barred from a spoons myself
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

I got barred from the spoons in Leicester. I've been back in there since
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

The Beaten Docket? dark horse?
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Yes Mav.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Yes they are cunts in that Spoons. I've had issues such as some young pair in a moons quite far from there were spying on me getting the jackpot going against numbers on Lucky Strike, apparently it was FRAUD! Got barred for it then a few years later I got 'barred' for keying the Extreme. Still managed to do the What's In Your Box in there a few times though. Got 'barred' from my local one because I apparently never bought a drink and only got jackpots for a few quid every time, funny though that when the manager got transferred to another branch, he never said a word to me even though he definitely knew who I was. I did complain a couple of times but head office always back up the local decisions so it is pointless. Funniest of all though was a cleaner in 1 branch who thought she could bar me, she called me a foreigner, said people around there don't like my sort and I wasn't welcome... she soon got the sack for being racist and I was never actually barred.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Barred from one, complained, got an appoligie letter, but barring stands. Same little prick duty manager that did it then saw me in different one when he moved jobs, was notably annoyed and barred me again. I complained again + met with his manager. I was apparently tampering with the machines by using a UV light, barring stands. He must have got in shit tho, as the first thing he said in 2nd spoons was "I remember your from lloyds, you complained about me" - and his atttitude certainly wasn't smug, hopefully I got him fired, he claimed to be the area manager when first barring me. He since been seen giving other players dirty looks, but no more barrings so hopefully I did something for the common good.
moterwayplayer

Post by moterwayplayer »

Meant to be barred from every spoons still go in em never said a word
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I've been told in one Spoons that it's not OK to continue playing machines when my glass is empty, which prompted me to take the moral high ground and remind that particular manager that he shouldn't be encouraging people to get drunk - I now just drink my pint very slowly and leave the last quarter of the glass till I'm ready to leave.

It's amazing how some Spoons managers still don't understand how people playing their machines = PROFIT for Wetherspoons
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

martin n me were doing the cricklewood mega twice a week , they always turned the others off , but never said a word to us lol ,
Little discipline = BIG issue

ridye

Post by ridye »

Got 'barred' once for getting caught keying in my local back when I used a key (Manager was with his mates sat by the fruit having a drink!), but been in loads of times since and not even seen him, the one time I did see him he served me so I'm guessing he has forgot now anyway.

Got warned once for having my phone out near the machines as she thought I was filming

Got told I couldn't play the machines once because I took a jackpot out of two machines within a short space of time (luck more than anything back in those days!)...and it was suspicious as I had my phone out and had a bag with me and she had been hearing of 'a load of people scamming the machines recently'

Not trying to be sexist but it seems most of the problems you get from the female managers who are a bit clueless when it comes to machines.

Did have a funny moment the other month where I had been in a Spoons a few hours without buying a drink (Couldn't be arsed with their pathetic slow service!) only for another player to walk in (guessing he was a player anyway) start feeding coins in a machine and then get booted out for not buying a drink! I soon hot footed it to the bar for a pint of Carlswater...

At the moment when their selection is Alice In Wonderland, Bank Job Gold and Jail Break I would rather bar myself!!!