Things I put coins in. Can you guess their average capacity?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Noels Beard

Things I put coins in. Can you guess their average capacity?

Post by Noels Beard »

Standard Coin Bag from bank... We know it should have £20 in it, but when you're short of plastic...how many are you squeezing in?

Sanitary Towel Bag (Premier Inn) Brilliant stretchy holders, that stack nicely in a glovebox. How many coins in this one?

Mans Brogue (size 8) I always have a pair of shoes in the car, but seldom are they on my feet. Usually they're tucked away somewhere filled with coins. But how many?

Pint Glass. I never use this one...but of you win more than £3 on anything there is always some parasitic glory hunter wanting to grab you a glass. Fill it to the brim with how many nuggets?
Scott

Post by Scott »

You can sometimes squeeze a 1er in the coin bags but end up ripping the bag closing it usually.

No idea about the other two but i'd guess you could fit about 300 in a pint pot?
Cobwebs 👆
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Maybe even 600 in pint glass. Little plastic amusement tubs hold around 250 and they probably arnt even half a pint.
JG

Post by JG »

£75 coin bag
£600 stretchy sanitary towel thing
£500 pair of brogues
£250 pint glass
JG
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

What was i thinking 600. 60 maybe. Its a tough one
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

£230 in a pint pot if i remember right from jps on £250's
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Anyone who has spent any amount of their career playing club fruit machines will readily concur when I state that £250 fits quite snugly in a pint glass, but you normally spill a few on the walk from Fruit Machine to bar. I imagine those sanitary towel bags will hold nearly a grand if they are of the dimensions I think they are. I remember Midland Bank having coin bags slightly longer than most, and they would hold £100 in £1 coins with consummate ease.

I imagine luxury footwear will hold £3-£350 per shoe, perhaps slightly more if fashioned from the finest pre-worn in leather.

When I was away I would often pilfer a pillow case from the hotel, both as a receptacle for coins and a souvenir from a pleasant stay. I can state with confidence that Mal Maison have the nicest, sofest pillow cases, but aren't as durable as the starchy ones you get from the Formula1 hotel nr Peterborough, where you pay to stay using a 'cash-point' outside, and the rooms/toilets clean themselves etc. There isn't even any staff, which is a bit unnerving, but if you just want a room so you can partake in some drug-fuelled rough sex with a local prostitute without any complaints then I suppose it is ideal.

My favourite item for storing coins is most probably the 'Truprint bag', available in abundance from any service station. They hold £200 in coins quite nicely, seal up, and are surprisingly robust considering they are made out of paper, although I once carried a full bag from one side of Leigh Dela Mere services to the other in torrential rain, and on arrival I observed that due to the rain the bag probably wouldn't withstand the return journey without splitting. But, being something of a risk taker by nature I put the bag to the test and carried it back between finger and thumb. 3/4 of the way over the bridge it split and despite a salvage operation I lost around 20 coins over the side.

Excellent thread by the way Will.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

500 coins in each of my front pockets. Anything more than that I'll just go home as its probably been a good day.
moterwayplayer

Post by moterwayplayer »

Around 80 at a squeeze with coin bag that's all I no and use
amazing

Post by amazing »

Noels Beard wrote:Standard Coin Bag from bank... We know it should have £20 in it, but when you're short of plastic...how many are you squeezing in?

Sanitary Towel Bag (Premier Inn) Brilliant stretchy holders, that stack nicely in a glovebox. How many coins in this one?

Mans Brogue (size 8) I always have a pair of shoes in the car, but seldom are they on my feet. Usually they're tucked away somewhere filled with coins. But how many?

Pint Glass. I never use this one...but of you win more than £3 on anything there is always some parasitic glory hunter wanting to grab you a glass. Fill it to the brim with how many nuggets?
The Mrs handbag that's bottomless and deadly!
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Why not just ask your bank for those cloth bags ? They give them away now, as bulk coinage is delivered in large heavy duty plastic bags.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

The old bingo bags harry? Still my favourite! Holds loads!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I'm pretty sure I showed you the use of the Tripleprint photo thingies Oscar! They don't have them round my way anymore. I don't know who has ever managed to put £600 in a pint glass, couldn't have been a pint glass!!!

In my local services now, when I have the odd result (or HAD on the Jackpot King when it was there) I resorted to using the Krispy Kreme doughnut bags... sadly, these won't hold more than about £200 without giving way at the bottom so what I usually do is put a bag within a bag and wrap it up. On 1 occasion it was quite amusing having about £800 in coins wrapped up between 8 bags, jacket pockets filled and holding some while my trousers were falling down as I had forgotten to put my belt on... I waddled to the exit like a penguin to prevent self exposure or dropping the coin bags...
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

What's the most anyone has had on their person in coins and still maintained relative decorum? I'm fairly short. More than £1000 spread between pockets and I start to look constipated.
amazing

Post by amazing »

Noels Beard wrote:What's the most anyone has had on their person in coins and still maintained relative decorum? I'm fairly short. More than £1000 spread between pockets and I start to look constipated.
£1250 is the most and I looked like I had hip problems lol
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back