Do I Or Don't I?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Ruler of The World

Do I Or Don't I?

Post by Ruler of The World »

Got caught speeding the other day. The other day being about 3 months ago. Can't really get out of it as it was by speed gun, I stopped, was photographed, etc. I didn't produce my documents or send my license back to get points added as I lost the paper part ages ago. Didn't pay the fine either. Went on a little holiday and when I got back I had a letter from DVLA saying I must surrender my license to have points added - again I just ignored it. Also, there was a hearing in court about my points, I didn't know about this and was out of the country at the time - passport proves this.

Went to hire a car the other day but as I didn't have the paper part of the license the company had to call DVLA and they refused to give out info and spoke to me telling me my license has been revoked! I'm apparently now going to have 5 points added as soon as I fill in and send back a "D1" form - don't know why its 5 points??? Should be 3! Anyway, question is, when I do fill in this form and post it, can I drive? What if I get stopped? Can't really say I know nothing about the license being revoked now as I have been in contact with the DVLA both by phone and email. Someone told me if I do get caught I will get 6 points extra!

I can't make money without driving! I don't wanna be paying drivers loads to get me around either! What to do?
BFK

Post by BFK »

I had exactly the same, I think you can still drive with a 'revoked' license, the revoked period meaning the period between when you send it back and it gets sent back to you. However after a certain time limit(I'm sure mine was a year - which was plenty of time for me to do it!!!! but I still didnt bother sending it back) you cant drive at all and if you get a pull or its known that you are technically driving without a license you get in a bit of bother!!!
Ruler of The World

Your words are so much more believable with that sexy new avatar! I WANT to listen to you now! Don't you feel like a bit of a tranny though? LOL

Surely if it was OK to drive, I'd have been able to hire a car?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Because you didn't send the license back when you were suppose to. You can drive for a period of time which like I said in my case was a year, but after that had elapsed and I STILL hadnt sent it back fot the points to be added, I was contacted again saying you no longer have a valid license what so ever. So if I drove, it would be illegal.
Ruler of The World

OK cheers - I'll direct them to this if I get stopped! To show my appreciation, here's a pic of a lovely lady called Roxanne McKee. :)
The attachment roxanne mckee.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
roxanne mckee.jpg
BFK

Post by BFK »

To skinny - I prefer the 'real' women.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

let a professional speak lol

speed cam only carries 3points , , , , but the first letter they send you asks if you were the driver of the car at the time

now if you have a friend willing to say it was him , for say a few hundred bung fair enough , , ,

if you do nothing about the letter , failing to provide any info of who the driver was ,and it reaches the court stage , it then carries 6 points automatically .

you dont have to attend the court hearing , its dealt with in your absence

however if you already have 6 points previously, they will require your presance , to issue you a ban , , , and if you dont attend, they then issue a warrant for your arrest

hope some of this helps mog

did you have any points previously????
Little discipline = BIG issue

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oh shit , just re read op , speed gun , , , ahh , , , sorry dude your pretty fucked
Little discipline = BIG issue

Ruler of The World

Not 'fucked' at all, I had no previous points. Hadn't had any for years (quite miraculous I must admit). Therefore they can't arrest me for shit. The only thing I am worried about being stopped and asked as when they check they will get 'revoked' and it will not be fun.

Basically, I am going to drive around hoping not to get stopped - I don't get stopped often. The form is in the post, I am not BANNED from driving, I just didn't have the license I needed the points printed on so I had to get a new 1! Surely common sense would prevail in the event of any mishap?
Ruler of The World

BFK wrote:To skinny - I prefer the 'real' women.

Marry her, you'll fatten her up in no time! Marry a flab mountain and you'll end up with a rolling road-block. Consider the future, my friend!
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

I used to think it was 3 points for speeding but I was then told it depends how fast you were going, so maybe if u were doing 42 in a 30 you would get 5 points. Also over 100 is an automatic ban.
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

I'm currently in a situation where I got 'caught' parking in a disabled bay at night. (All the shops were shut),got a letter, was genuinly too busy coming up to Christmas, so I forgot about it.... then got a letter saying it's going to £105 from £70. (Basically, I parked there for 15 minutes when I met my friend, rediculous penalty).... long story short, I think I'm gonna be due in court.
Aww, how'd you feel?!
Ruler of The World

you could just pay!
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Good luck getting insurance with a revoked license... Trayhop seems to have summed up the process rather well, you just can't ignore things from councils/DVLA as they actually have power.

Service station car park fines however......I almost have one for every services!