Bring back

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Cf wrote:And on the topic of clones people often say Bellfruit do clone after clone after clone. I disagree with this. Obv there's been some clones out there, BRT/Gold, LTD/DID etc. But usually I find there's enough differences between different DOND machines to provide a different gameplay experience. Whether it's multi-tiered boards, cob/dob, different profile, cashpots, etc.
The games are more similar than you think. They all run from the same idea. reels/board/middle game. COBs/DOBs, CPs, Tiered boards, Bonus's are all just bells and whistles
Cf wrote:Whereas atm we have Reflex who to my knowledge have released essentially the same machine in 4 different wrappers, which in themselves are just a copy of what Bellfruit did years previously.
Never seen a Bellfruit jump from £2 to £20 or open the middle game from a seemingly dead board. The 4 games are defiantly not the same.
Cf wrote:Barcrest had a few different approaches out there, but mainly towards the end they just cloned TIOLI and Crazy Trails. Dublin Yer Money/Dublin Up were a bit more interesting I thought.
To an extent, but they was still trying new game ideas till the end.
Cf wrote:In the end times Red just released clone after clone of Hot Hot Hot or Devil of a Deal.
Agreed
Cf wrote:And the JPM games are just dire.
For you maybe. I'd like to see a few more about
Cf wrote:Essentially my point is if you were to walk into a pub that had 4 Bellfruits then although they'd likely all be DONDs they'll all probably play sufficiently differently to each other. If you walked into a pub with 4 from any of the rest of them then you'd most likely be running into clones.
If (and it happens all the time) you see four deals in a pub most likely at least 2 will be a clone or at the very least it's ugly sister.
ewww/mt rr/live etc etc.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Cf

Post by Cf »

Oh and I forgot to mention QPS. They're probably the worst. Bank Job had a few clones. Now Bank Job Gold (itself essentially a Bank Job clone with a few changes) and Jail Break are receiving the clones. Strike Gold even has a sort of cloned name!

The games are more similar than you think. They all run from the same idea. reels/board/middle game. COBs/DOBs, CPs, Tiered boards, Bonus's are all just bells and whistles

At their heart yes they are. But it's the bells and whistles that make them play differently and can warrant a different strategy. e.g. Red Hot is a clone of Perfect Deal but a change or two here and there and it's suddenly essentially a different machine. Or two that aren't clones. Let's say Mega and Perfect Game. They're both DONDs, but don't really play anything like each other beyond the basics.

Never seen a Bellfruit jump from £2 to £20 or open the middle game from a seemingly dead board. The 4 games are defiantly not the same.

I'll happily concede this point as I'm no expert on them. All I've seen are Alice and it's Double Agent clone and the one with an unlockable top zone. Apart from that unlock the stacks/streak/game looked the same so I assumed same gameplay.

As for the JPM games I'm just talking from my own casual couple of boards experience on them. Seems to consist of £10 in for a £2 block and dead. Add to that unappealing graphics and what feels like unresponsive buttons/general sluggishness and I've no desire to play on them. And I can't imagine casuals in general do either.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Please someone lock this thread, it is really doing my head in.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Surely there's room in the market for the following type of game

a) a game with a trail with an end rather than a lapper
b) a bingo type board
c) a snakes and ladders type board
d) a sports theme football, horse racing, snooker, formula one
e) a game where you can win more than £3

Anything except a bloody DOND game to be different.
Roulette free since December 2011.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Ruler of The World wrote:Please someone lock this thread, it is really doing my head in.
What's wrong with the thread?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

harry2 wrote:Surely there's room in the market for the following type of game

a) a game with a trail with an end rather than a lapper
b) a bingo type board
c) a snakes and ladders type board
d) a sports theme football, horse racing, snooker, formula one
e) a game where you can win more than £3

Anything except a bloody DOND game to be different.
get started on the design then, buy some current technology and then adapt it... then find a distributor that will take it... there you have the issue of not finding anyone that will take it, when its easier to push deals which have proven track record of success.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

If I had the resources I would give it a go, maybe five years and Dragons Den would help.
Roulette free since December 2011.
silent g

Post by silent g »

fruit steppers!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

harry2 wrote:If I had the resources I would give it a go, maybe five years and Dragons Den would help.
Any business can be started up if you have the resources, if you already have them chances are there are far better investments.

Very hard to get an investor in making pub based machines where anything could change regards the taxation and costs, plus if your going to invest in gaming there are far more lucrative operations than physical machines... investment is in the mobile markets, where the whole operation can be set up remotely.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

silent g wrote:fruit steppers!
This and Raiders!
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

If I could bring back a machine manufacturer it would have to be Summit Coin from the 80s either that or Marian Electronics. Best machines ever!
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Johnny...whatever happened to your Ready To Rock? And your IJ2, and your Flash The Cash Harry? Thank you for a wonderful year or so.
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

Surprised ya dint get barde after 1 visit
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Noels Beard wrote:Johnny...whatever happened to your Ready To Rock? And your IJ2, and your Flash The Cash Harry? Thank you for a wonderful year or so.
Axe to grind.
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

Noels Beard wrote:Johnny...whatever happened to your Ready To Rock? And your IJ2, and your Flash The Cash Harry? Thank you for a wonderful year or so.
Eh? I have NEVER had a Flash The Cash Harry! And it was a good few years ago I had Ready 2 Rock & IJ2.
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk