Bring back

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
feeder22

Bring back

Post by feeder22 »

With the dominance of Bellfruit and the rise of Reflex I'd just like to get a thread going that actually encourages some fruitchat.

Tricks aside, if you could bring back one manufacturer who would it be and why?

What era, would you keep the stakes and prizes the same or would you change it?

Take the money out of it we all enjoyed machines once for the amusement part of it.

For me mid-late 90's JPM great games to play whether you was a casual or a pro you'd get a fairly decent game on one, even from dead most of them would liven up without too much cash needed. I'd bring that era back in line with current stakes and prizes. (Yes I know JPM have had a stab at this already)
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
AMK

Post by AMK »

I liked the barcrest era of £25 machines.

It was fun playing £25 space raiders or yabba dabba darts. I miss the older red gaming ones like Invincible, on a roll etc.

The manufacturers stopped caring about game play a long time ago.
... Join The Party!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

My favourite machines were, in order of preference...
1. DOND What's In Your Box
2. Arcadia
3. Austin Powers
4. Spin On It
5. Spartacash/Duff Beer Guide
6. Lock N Load
7. Vamp It Up (ones that work)
8. Red Arrow
9. Ultimo
10. Revolution/Battleaxe/Golden Dragon

Therefore it is hard for me to wish to bring back any 1 company, I'd just like to have all these games on £70 jackpots and working!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Agree with most of that list, I'd probably drop WIYB down a bit, add IJ2, Overload, and Ready To Rock in. And Ryl Family.
ruthl3ss

Post by ruthl3ss »

They should make a game, where each feature is like an umptier

For exampe,

"Theres something down there" - would be snr/ctl/lotr superhold
"Arcadia!!" - shoot em up that dont time out
"20p crew" - obvious
"I dont like the look of this" - wonka, but probably bit hard to put in a feature
"Stopper Win" - win stopz, obv
"Banker can beat you" - hi and low game aiming for the 3 reds
"Deal perfect" - 10 seconds to play the game spin it about and umpty it at COCAINE speeds
"raker of cash" - shitest feature - £2/3

Apart from cashtopia all the features pay JP.
Wierd spinny "MEGA SPINS" (on the roll) style thing - likes to take £50 for a board and give £30 safes - like JB on ACID!!

3 "Pro players" in view - Taylor,Woods, Osullivan

Needs some work, but im hameroxed
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

3 empties I missed were Overload, Ready To Rock and Cops N Robbers. There simply weren't enough of the 1st 2 by the time the info was around and I was on the Skill Quests for the 3rd so couldn't be arsed.

Oh and just to remind everyone, I am SHIT on Aliens - unlike The High Priest. He sends his regards and goes back far further than this crop.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

ROTW is there a method to the madness concerning this High Priest?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

WIYB? Really?

Unless the one under County Hall by the Eye got repeatedly hammered, this has to be the hardest to get on hi lo feature let alone board. Far too difficult and costly for the casual.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Rob is right here, Barcrest without a shadow of a doubt.

They made machines for years which had little intricacies that made you think. There was always potential (well nearly always) within a new Barcrest machine for a method which would develop into a good earner, and for that reason they were loved by casuals and players alike.

Fast forward a decade and we have Reflex gaming, churning out generally dull machines using the same old tired format, and spawning a generation of vacant-eyed, drooling idiots for players.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I can't really comment on the older machines because of me starting when 70s were released. I miss aliens, red gamings and electro coins. I wish I'd been at it earlier to see the change in machine profiles like people always mention. This isn't possible because I was 17 when I started lol.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I used to like playing austin/kebab, battle axe/rev, there has been some great games from crest over the years!
Cobwebs 👆
Scott

Post by Scott »

Neptune/arabian, big bro/physco/frenzy were good games too, roughly 97-98 era for a guess, everyone moans about vivids creating a 1000 players, but what a top earner they all were!
Cobwebs 👆
ruthl3ss

Post by ruthl3ss »

AHEM med - they pressed out 500 overloads - werent missing out there mate

simpys ber guide!!! touch of a machine, so many ways to get jp

Overall though, I think Barcrest must have made $$$$ before bellfruit lushed it with donod

JPM might come back tho.........
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

ace for me..

....no, wait a minute, i'd like to see castle return.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Ruler of The World wrote:3 empties I missed were Overload, Ready To Rock and Cops N Robbers. There simply weren't enough of the 1st 2 by the time the info was around and I was on the Skill Quests for the 3rd so couldn't be arsed.

Oh and just to remind everyone, I am SHIT on Aliens - unlike The High Priest. He sends his regards and goes back far further than this crop.
Never knew anything was on Overload but have been trying to get my bloody head round it for a rip or so on the emulator for ages now.