Banned For Keybet

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
martdaman

Banned For Keybet

Post by martdaman »

Got Banned last sunday from a Joe Jennings bookies for doing a keybet. Got there for doors pot was on 350 had it out after a hour very nice! A local was in there and said yes! you got the pot i said yeah but its not always that easy :) With this the manager behind the counter said oh i didn't relies you was placing that bet ( the terminal was right in front of her!) I will pay you out this time (oh thanks!) but you can't place that bet your scamming the machine. With that i said how the hell is it scamming the machine im not doing anything wrong her reply.......YOUR BARRED! She rings up Head Office and says she got someone doing the Keybet Scam (Crazy I know) Saying that i was get aggressive and losing it which is very hyped up as i was having ago but not raising my voice at all and not swearing etc. I say to her let me speak to him she passes the phone and i have a chat with the fella and he said we don't want that sort of play in are shops. I have a chat with him but see this isn't really going no where so leave it.

So i went to another joe jennings down the road where a friend of mine works and tell her the story etc. Well the manager in there said a couple of weeks ago they had a big meeting and this is one of the subjects that come up and they have said to the managers if you see anyone placing that bet you have to tell them they cant play the machine in that way. You wont get barred for placing the bet but as soon as you ask why etc they bar you.

My question is can they even do this? If the game is on there machine and your not tooling it or anything like that your just playing the game how can they stop you?
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

They can do what they like.... its their premises. pot wont be back up for 3months+ anyway lol

thing is...how can they chip it........its roulette lol
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Scott

Post by Scott »

I think if you're playing a machine with YOUR money you should be allowed to play it however you like, the trouble is that doing these long drawn out methods you're not losing a lot on an hourly basis, i got told i was'nt allowed to play roulette terminal the day after i done a doors till doors session the previous day, i talked him around stating that its not very busy and if he wants me off later when it is busy i'll come off, luckily i did get the pot after around two full days play before he turfed me off, i lost somewhere in the region of £200, they want their machines taking kkkkk's.
Cobwebs 👆
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

what a shower of absolute cunts.

spam the shit out them here office@joejennings.co.uk

and here 01279 439661
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Reminds me of the William Hill in Euston.
The manager told me that if I was going for the pot, he would block the terminal.
After the usual arguments that go with the Lucky8 barrings, he tells me to ring customer services as they'll tell me the same as him.
So I ring them, and sure enough they back him up.

Then I tell the guy on the phone that I can't afford to bet more than £1 at a time and that I was now going to ring.IBAS with my complaint and also ring Gamcare telling both that William Hill are telling me to bet beyond my means, and threatening to barr me if I refuse.
Although Gamcare have no power in the bookies, they clearly didn't want the bad publicity or hassle and left me. alone.
A mate tried the same thing with them some time later but still got kicked off the terminal.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

How long before the pot element gets removed - or maybe the entire game itself? Plenty of other versions they can rely on for the takings.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
quizard

Post by quizard »

Pots are already paid for by other punters. So if someone spends £250 to get a £400 pot it just £250 straight profit for bookies.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

biggest i've seen for a while now have been shades over 200, how much does this game really get played?
tommya

Post by tommya »

Got kicked of a lucky 8 before similar story not aloud to bet like that.
quizard

Post by quizard »

The play tends to be uneven on them. They can sit virtually unplayed for a couple weeks and then someone will have a mega spunk on them. I have seen people playing £100 spins on them and it's an awesome sight to behold. LOL
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
Roll_With_It_Russ

what does the pot go up playing £100 a spin?
Roll_With_It_Russ

quizard wrote:Pots are already paid for by other punters. So if someone spends £250 to get a £400 pot it just £250 straight profit for bookies.

on average maybe, quite possible though the pot has built when a player has been winning, as much could of built up with out anyone winning.

the added house edge take care of the pot either way.
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

It goes up 6/7p when betting £5, so prob about £1.25 ish.
darren

Post by darren »

I've heard of people being told they cant bet like that in ladbrokes but then customer services have said its fine and can continue, what annoys me is will hill are always resetting the pots. This would be illegal as then the game can't and won't make the advertised percentage.
ob

Post by ob »

Bookies are sad acts that can't cope with the fact you are playing those with the odds in your favour for a change. I think they know they habeas built up the pot over time so the pot is "paid" for by others yet they just can't stand a non regular punter and by this I mean LOSER as all regular bookie punters will long run lose in general, coming in and having the edge over them.

I can imagine this head office meeting "There's people coming in checking pots and playing them if they're high". Big boss "Cheeky sods how dare they think they can beat us, no one has the edge over us, just bar em if you see that bet, oh unless they are a regular SADDICT! !!"