Honest days living

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
stekebabman

Honest days living

Post by stekebabman »

Just been sat here thinking,(some days I just sit!),is it really,genuinely possible in this day and age,that people REALLY do/can make a living from just playing fruits?
Yeah,I know,every fruit will cough a sizeable chunk every so often,but that's just pure luck,(well,to an amateur player like myself anyway).
The way people talk it's as though this is their daily 'occupation',and main source of income,myself,not too sure about that??
Also,it appears,there not actually cheating when they mention decent size winfalls,it's just a case of knowing what buttons to press and at what time really eh?
Such a shame you can't enrol on a course for these.LOL,I'd seriously love to spend a day with a 'pro player',just to learn basics,even if coming away from a fruit with enough for 20 B&H and a large Donner on way home I'd be ecstatic,usually it's taxi stop at garage on way home,via cashpoint,got to be doing something wrong somewhere,I'll be damned if I know though.
Be nice to go home with some coinage now and again!

I recall visiting a Conservative Club (mid 70's),on a Saturday lunchtime with my old fella,many,many years ago,I'm 45 now,and was still at primary school at the time,and he used to always let me have '10 bob 'for slottie,which I know I wasn't allowed,but he stood right at my side,I just pressed start.I remember the machine like it was yesterday,called 'Winning Streak',a four reeler with reels 2 & 3 having a WS symbol on,and if these rolled in,you just kept spinning,moving up a cash ladder,until you were 'unlucky' enough to roll a win in,usually a solitary cherry :( ,however this day,cash ladder was getting serious,around £30ish,I think there were only 3? more values,then you would have jp,if like I say a win didn't appear,got to the penultimate value,it decided to throw in 4 horseshoes,well on this particular slot,4 of any symbol,apart from jp obviously,it gave you a random stop on a small box of cash values,ranging from £5-£75,so excited thinking we may be really winning,eagerly struck said button,BANG,£75,couldn't believe it.
Always be one of my best memories of my early playing years.

Anybody else of a certain age recall this particular machine??
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

I think you misunderstand what goes into being a consistant winner on compensated machines.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Plenty make a living Steve, but not so many machines around at the moment. I remember these type of machines, usually 5p play, £50 jackpot. Used to dump the winnings for a big win, tubes then, before hoppers. In 50p's as well as there where no pound coins. In the days before microprocessors became the norm.
Roulette free since December 2011.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

It is possible to make a living, but you are at a much much higher risk of....

Assault
Malnutrition
Alcoholism
Drug Addiction
Loss of Partner & Children
Stress
and so on.

Its better than a Minimum Wage job, but its best to get out while you can & invest your winnings wisely.
I know lads who have been in the game a long time, they may have money... but their minds are shot.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

jeffvickers wrote:It is possible to make a living, but you are at a much much higher risk of....

Assault
Malnutrition
Alcoholism
Drug Addiction
Loss of Partner & Children
Stress
and so on.

Its better than a Minimum Wage job, but its best to get out while you can & invest your winnings wisely.
I know lads who have been in the game a long time, they may have money... but their minds are shot.
cracking post this sums it all up perfectly i 100% agree. i dont wanna be a sad lonely blind fat paranoid unhealthy gambler. this isnt pointed at any one just all the players iv met fall in to one or many of these catogories.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

stekebabman wrote:Just been sat here thinking,(some days I just sit!),is it really,genuinely possible in this day and age,that people REALLY do/can make a living from just playing fruits?
Yeah,I know,every fruit will cough a sizeable chunk every so often,but that's just pure luck,(well,to an amateur player like myself anyway).
The way people talk it's as though this is their daily 'occupation',and main source of income,myself,not too sure about that??
Also,it appears,there not actually cheating when they mention decent size winfalls,it's just a case of knowing what buttons to press and at what time really eh?
Such a shame you can't enrol on a course for these.LOL,I'd seriously love to spend a day with a 'pro player',just to learn basics,even if coming away from a fruit with enough for 20 B&H and a large Donner on way home I'd be ecstatic,usually it's taxi stop at garage on way home,via cashpoint,got to be doing something wrong somewhere,I'll be damned if I know though.
Be nice to go home with some coinage now and again!

I recall visiting a Conservative Club (mid 70's),on a Saturday lunchtime with my old fella,many,many years ago,I'm 45 now,and was still at primary school at the time,and he used to always let me have '10 bob 'for slottie,which I know I wasn't allowed,but he stood right at my side,I just pressed start.I remember the machine like it was yesterday,called 'Winning Streak',a four reeler with reels 2 & 3 having a WS symbol on,and if these rolled in,you just kept spinning,moving up a cash ladder,until you were 'unlucky' enough to roll a win in,usually a solitary cherry :( ,however this day,cash ladder was getting serious,around £30ish,I think there were only 3? more values,then you would have jp,if like I say a win didn't appear,got to the penultimate value,it decided to throw in 4 horseshoes,well on this particular slot,4 of any symbol,apart from jp obviously,it gave you a random stop on a small box of cash values,ranging from £5-£75,so excited thinking we may be really winning,eagerly struck said button,BANG,£75,couldn't believe it.
Always be one of my best memories of my early playing years.

Anybody else of a certain age recall this particular machine??
Is Glendale still running courses? Check your local bingo. Small bald twat.
lukee1

Post by lukee1 »

I think i have a £2 bar lying around
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im sad fat and bald ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the chinkyeverynight,makeyourownhours,hollidaywhenifeellikeit, buywhatyawant, notansweringtotheman lifestyle has made it all worthwhile lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

skimbob

Post by skimbob »

Bald yes fat yes but ya aint sad
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im sure there's a compliment in there somewhere mick m8 lol

skimbob

Post by skimbob »

Was complement bed or back to lfe what ya reakon pal
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

judging by some of the stories on here , 500 loss was probably getting off light

i'll never take one on again ,,,,,,,,,, no matter the starting pot

skimbob

Post by skimbob »

Bed it is then good nite cheerz
BFK

Post by BFK »

Did Traildrop get involved in a JPK? What was it on when you started?????
silent g

Post by silent g »

if you get tips, cheats, methods, emptiers and so on then you can make a living out of fruit machines.
if you dont then i'd say you cant, well maybe on lowtecs.
i see people who think theyre "players" just because they go from pub to pub playing fruitys hoping to make profit but all theyre doing is hoping to get lucky on the deall game or something.
every time i went in a spoons there was a guy like this allways playing the desert island thinking it might be his time, and every time he played it he lost and ended up getting a bust and leaving i think, then i'd be on it winning whilst he plays the perfect, then i might play that if he dont kill it off while he plays the gold or something shite.
allways a pocket full of coins and knows how to play a fruit machine but no methods.
blokes fattish with dark hair go's in gravesend spoons.
dont go there no more coz they had a wipe out.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)