a real sticky situation to be in

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

When the Superholds ultimitely ended up in Local Boozers, you only got 3 or 4 goes at it before they got rid or you got the "You're alright to come in for a drink...but" line.

Its a pretty stressful time out there at the minute. I'm ending up getting drunk to keep the butterflies at bay. + Pints are better than J2O/Cokes in rough pubs.
I've even mastered the art of playing the machine like a frustrated munter, using notes (tenners of course), cursing under my breath at the machine, shaking my fist when I get a win etc.

One good thing nowadays is the £10 Note Payouts which makes things a lot more discreet.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

[quote="jeffvickers"]
I've even mastered the art of playing the machine like a frustrated munter, using notes (tenners of course), cursing under my breath at the machine, shaking my fist when I get a win etc.
[quote]

i used to do this too. made me laugh and glad i don't play em anymore. the fuckin stress you put yourself under for what sometimes is a break even or loss.
smurf boy

Post by smurf boy »

yeah 12 degrees west is absolute fire me and my mate got locked in i said 2 the guy if i want 2 get out of here i will sounds like i was lucky lol
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Pub in Banbury is fucking awful. I had trouble years ago on a Superhold cluedo. Phoned police and they said its a known trouble spot and refused to help me get my bank from the machine!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

thecannonball89 wrote:Also the local fruit company around my way sent out pics of me and a mate to all of there pubs saying we cant play machines. Forgot about it until last week got kicked out of a pub that had my photo. Is this legal?
I wouldn't have thought so. I'd threaten them with legal action, although there's not much you can do now they've all got your photos!
Bored of the grind.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

oldskool wrote:once spotted a photo of me behind the booth when getting change in the montag leisure arcade in chatham
That's ropey in there, it's Olympia leisure now, woman breathing down your neck as soon as you're on something.

The old montag in maidstone I used to be able to pick one machine and all the others would go off...
Bored of the grind.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Really good thread, just ploughed through it all.

If more players were like amazing's mate that prosecuted the guy for assaulting him, and took this attitude with other things too such as the illegal distribution of cannonballs photo etc then maybe things could be better.

But how Many players have the patience, the intellect and the guts to make a stand?

Prosecuting these fuckers is the only way they'll learn. But most players seem only capable of breaking a window or something at the most which, whilst amusing, doesn't exactly help us...
Bored of the grind.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

being nicked 5 times for for legit playing, without anything but money on me...... 32 hours once and me parents house searched and there laptops confiscate??!!! Welsh coppers are scum....

I have had 5 NFA and the pub watch scheme has give my picture out to every pub in 5 town centres with a maximum 5 year banned..... still go in some now though as this was 3 year ago!!
justice For The 96
harry2

Post by harry2 »

KEEDAY LEISURE EQUIPMENT LIMITED

Current directors

Mr Norman Keith Baker
Mr Nigel Hamilton Baker
Mr Charles Hamilton Baker

Current secretary
Mr Norman Keith Baker

Read this below , ha, ha.

http://www.leicester.co.uk/reviews/2594/

The company is losing money according to the accounts submitted in September 2011.
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

looks like those 3 bakers aren't making any dough
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Surely you Leicester/Houventry players must have had some dealings with Keeday ?
Roulette free since December 2011.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Any ideas who s west is then? Obviously not someone who keeps his mouth shut!

Always makes me laugh the people who run arcade or distribution businesses without the first clue on machines. And then whinge when it all goes wrong. Most of us on here would be far Better equipped to run these companies.
Bored of the grind.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

sir ratholer wrote:That's ropey in there, it's Olympia leisure now, woman breathing down your neck as soon as you're on something.

The old montag in maidstone I used to be able to pick one machine and all the others would go off...
Yeah, I remember that place.

Maureen was her name. And she was a bitch who would just bar you for putting two coins in before pressing start.

The cunt in me came straight to the surface one day when I laughed at being told she had to retire after having a stroke.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:Yeah, I remember that place.

Maureen was her name. And she was a bitch who would just bar you for putting two coins in before pressing start.

The cunt in me came straight to the surface one day when I laughed at being told she had to retire after having a stroke.
i'd been ripping the reno reels in the maidstone montag twice a week for about 6 months before she found out.
i steered clear of the place, but went in about 7-8 years later and was barred again as soon as i stepped foot in there again.
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

interesting read!