An FOBT has just bought the dust

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Simo7

An FOBT has just bought the dust

Post by Simo7 »

4th £100 quid spin on inside bets total miss again 520 was lost in total that took 2 days to make and was lost in 30 mins so the screen got totaled, last time all windows went through at a shop and they didnt even ring the old bill had windows replaced by 10am next morning nothing to do with me - just observations ive made - FOBTS are the true enemy of the free world!
Simo7

Post by Simo7 »

Bit the dust I think I meant to say sorry point of the thread is they (high street bookmakers) dont involve any authorities for any damage to machines or shop as long as staff dont feel under threat that tells me there trying everything they can to hide the extent of what they've actually done to society
sharkie777

Post by sharkie777 »

Make you right there got mate in Brighton who launched chair through terminal nadda. then ive done a screen in Paighton so gravejumper could not play after reel king done me for a grand, and got nicked in my town 2 months later on DNA, bookies prob think not to worrie one term will make the windows back in an hour lol
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Thats the nature of the game though, 4 x £1 spins or 4 x £100 spins, the same game was played with the same odds.
Simo7

Post by Simo7 »

Yeah I just get dragged in bad by them that started off from just losing a £28 spin and trying to chase it back got it and more back but just went on on one I find now when i play ill quickly get up to £50-100 a spin get a lot of lucky escapes or wins and sometimes walk but then other times just go stupid. If someone does get nicked over it fuck it they can plead insanity and tell them a leprechaun told them to do it.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

There's been a couple people took the whole hog for damage to fobts.
Money and taxes aside, I struggle to understand how the government can justify them being in bookies.
OK they could be used for virtual horses & dogs, but anything else is just morally wrong in my opinion. If the bookies are struggling to make enough profits via over the counter bets then fuck em they'll have to tighten their belts and shut a few hundred shops. The latest I believe is they want to increase the number of these fobts in the shops and introduce them to arcades.

Everything random should be outlawed, the average person plays a machine be it a £5 jp or a £4k jp to try and obtain the higher wins available. Making everything compensated would even it up for the average punter. The government know this they just don't give a fuck.
Can someone with more brains than me explain why we need to have random based machines anyways? And as much as i've read I still struggle to see how they can label something that runs to a set % random. As far as I can tell the only random eliment is when they decide to payout. The features appear to be set to certain pay structure. i.e. Three leps average amount won £30 with the odd big win chucked in, but if they were truly random wouldn't we know of more people hitting the big wins not just once in a while?

Rambling a bit I know, but the more fobts smashed up the better! Some bookies are known to take all manner of bets. Wonder what odds I could get for any given shop NOT to have one of their machines smashed up in say the space of a year.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
xhopz

Post by xhopz »

I think with regard to 3 leps normally being 20-30 quid..the machine has already determined how much you are going to win on that spin and then chooses how it displays it,be it via a reel win,leps or the pick me feature. Its just the way the machine displays that type of win the majority of the time.

And as for roulette..its 100% not fixed. Why would they need to 'fix' a game that cannot be beaten already?
big A

Post by big A »

Been arrested 3 times due to loosing it in bookies,twice for criminal damage and once for public order.
Scott

Post by Scott »

If they are winding you up to point where you want to smash them up then stay away, easier said than done for some.
Cobwebs 👆
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

xhopz wrote:I think with regard to 3 leps normally being 20-30 quid..the machine has already determined how much you are going to win on that spin and then chooses how it displays it,be it via a reel win,leps or the pick me feature. Its just the way the machine displays that type of win the majority of the time.

And as for roulette..its 100% not fixed. Why would they need to 'fix' a game that cannot be beaten already?
I understand this, but still doesn't explain how something that claims to be random can achieve target percentages?
What happens when a fobt is put behind? Does it adjust itself to get back to target %?
Cf

Post by Cf »

feeder22 wrote:I understand this, but still doesn't explain how something that claims to be random can achieve target percentages?
What happens when a fobt is put behind? Does it adjust itself to get back to target %?
They don't have a "target %". They aren't compensated. FIXED odds. That is, the odds are the same every single spin irregardless of what has gone on before.

They achieve their stated % by the simplest means possible: being random.

A simple example would be a machine that has 1,000,000 possible outcomes. If it's a 92% game then the total wins of all these outcomes would be £920,000. Now on every spin all the machine needs to do is pick 1 of the 1,000,000 wins at random. And there you have it. A 92% game that *WILL* hit its target %. Now, obviously over say 100 spins you're not likely to win £92. But increase the number of spins and you'll be homing in on 92%. There's no need for "suck mode" or "payout mode" etc. Mathematics and the way random numbers work does all the work.

Hope mods don't mind this potty link, but it's of a program I made to simulate spins on a random machine. Gives some numbers and shows how many spins etc. Worth a read if you're unsure how randomness works: http://www.jackpottyforums.co.uk/index.php?topic=6434.0
sharkie777

Post by sharkie777 »

Normal king gambler cab to answer youquestion JG. And yeah old bill took bloods from glass and lifted prints all washed down with a bit of cctv bang to rights, at least it stoped the soapy cunt jumping on. lol
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Arh i'm with it now. "quickly" as six legs run for a locked door.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

It's good to point out as well that 2 random machines set to the same % can have vastly different profiles. Look at what CF has said above and what I have said in the Coral thread.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

So I aproach a b3 quid in hand. I insert it and the moment I press start it decides if it can afford to pay out a win and if so what win and how that win is displayed?