A serious question so serious answers pls!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
7-10-2-7-LOSE

Post by 7-10-2-7-LOSE »

For the smaller pub, where locals playing the machine is essential to its money making, a standard take it or leave it is the way forward.

Yes they wont know about the flicker but what they will get is massive value for money. Boards last an age. The game opens easily and cheaply, yes if they keep on taking it they wont get a jackpot but its a machine that will keep them coming back for more.
Cf

Post by Cf »

I don't mind TIOLIs but I don't think i'd want one in my pub. Whenever i've seen casuals with a choice between TIOLI and a DOND then it's usually the DOND getting played. I imagine it doesn't take long to work out they never win any more than £20. Whereas on a DOND even casuals will see higher wins from the DOND game or from COB.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

7-10-2-7-LOSE wrote:In my opinion you would want an unchipped LTD. When i say unchipped i dont mean emptiable i just mean question mark free.

Why?

Simple, player A comes in for doors and doubles her for a £60 profit.

2 hours later, player B comes in and goes through the process again. Might break even.

2 hours later Player C comes in and its through again. Loss

3 hours later a casual cobs a £60 box and is over the moon

2 hours later player D comes in and gets his arse ripped off. Big loss.

I'd say Live The Dreams were cashbox kings when question mark free.
I agree with this, but the problem is that most players will key the machine up and will also be aware whether or not it is floated on a daily/weekly basis, and if it has been done then they aren't going to take it on if its over a hundred short.

Unless you disconnect it. But then alot of players will be suspicious.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Family guy has been chosen fuck players I don't want em near
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I've gone in for worse lol
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

if the general concensious is that ltd made more money unchip'd ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then why did they chip em ??????
Little discipline = BIG issue

Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Wanting to make a level playing field too level.

What they chipped out (with the straight to questionmark feature) had no reason to be done so. It was just IMO some clever logical thinking around the machine. It's like taking one of the blue-red trail Crests and removing any strategy...
kong

Post by kong »

It was a chip that failed to properly solve the problem anyway, for the casual punter that machine is still just as bad as it ever was. They could have just chipped it not to give 2/11 in the middle until ready, or not to go from a 4 to a 1 until ready. Instead they took the sledgehammer fix approach, spoiled it for everyone, and probably cost themselves quite a bit of revenue into the bargain. Genius!
Cf

Post by Cf »

I've always thought the ltd chips were stupid in the way they were executed. The worst is where you start a board with 1 hi and land on a hazard on a 3. Hi-lo to go. Oh shit. Straight to a hazard for you.

I guess one problem was people continuously collecting £100+ banks. Landlords will notice that machine x takes a steady income, and no-one ever takes too much out of it. But LTD keeps paying out £100+. Something must be wrong with it. This obviously despite the fact more money is being put in in the first place... I can't believe how many landlords don't understand this concept.

For the same reason I'm surprised perfects and mists weren't chipped. Perfects are getting on a bit now, and aren't as common anymore I find, but with mists being newer I was expecting an update on them.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Tbf dreams lasted a long time, for such an easy way to get jackpot. I was still making decent money on these up untill the end. Depends how good on them you are realy.
7-10-2-7-LOSE

Post by 7-10-2-7-LOSE »

thecannonball89 wrote:Tbf dreams lasted a long time, for such an easy way to get jackpot. I was still making decent money on these up untill the end. Depends how good on them you are realy.
Personally, I dont think "the end" has happened for this machine yet.
darren

Post by darren »

'That is not, the end'