Life without fruits

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Mr. Do was my favourite, there was a motor racing themed one as well. Stairway to Heaven was an excellent machine. For some reason they reglassed Labyrinth and called it Secret Castle. Fantastic gameplay on those games back in the day, impossible to replicate that these days with the stakes to prize ratio.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Bring back the 24/1 ratio. I'd still play them at £1 a go, say 95% payout. Still streak for £150 or more.
Roulette free since December 2011.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I've only been playing machine x of late but now everybody knows the scoreill be back in semi retirement till I'm not on a level playing field
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

That's the issue these days, it’s a lot harder to get on something reasonably exclusive because of communication links and many good tricks seem to be out in the open long before they should be. As it happens I was operating on a different level to what I probably am these days but that's more to do with getting the breaks and a bit of luck more than anything else, obviously I did evolve as a fruit player as well and I began to look at factors that were just floating over my head in truth. Once I realised the potential of a real plan coupled with organisation then my approach was changed forever.

Still, I miss the romance of how it used to be. In my early days I'd get on the odd fresh thing and genuinely think I was the only person in the country that knew, even though there were certainly small pockets of players around who were keeping their mouths shut. I'd go searching pub after pub and it was a real buzz when I found a particular unit I was looking for, a half of soft drink (can anyone remember half a coke) would be ordered at the bar and there would be simply no problem with that from the bar staff, how times have changed. Sometimes it does feel like the Chief and I are at the centre of the earth when we are doing the rounds, but that's just an ego that isn't true or justified.

Sometimes when we're in a bar near the city and a few stockbrokers are having a drink the Chief likes to go and have some banter and most of them say they want to change career within the next 5 years. The young ones still have a naivety and freshness, even call it a money hunger that sees them through but if you see an older one they are the ones that have spent too long at it and it seems to form a bitterness or a corruption of the mind that is hard to shake off. Make your money and get out seems to be the way to go in that industry or it has a horrible way of gaining a tight grip of you. I don't think it's quite the same in our industry as the stresses and way of life can't be compared but there are similarities that can be used to draw conclusions which do interest me.

In our industry the smart choice is to get out but knowing when to get out is a question not many know the answer to.

Thanks for listening guys,

Sir Linesman
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Love it!!!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Remember half a coke? Genius
LordOoze

Post by LordOoze »

Life without fruits is not bad at all. As long as you can get out of the "occasional tilt" mentality.
I have not actually played a fruit in ~6 weeks now.

The one major plus, or at least I think it is...is that not being continually bloated from fluids...the endless lime and soda waters...the occasional quick swaperoo of full bottle for an empty one whilst the staff are not looking....Or better still no barring in ages o_O
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

I went in a bar once, half a coke was £40
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

well I have a good social life, only work 4 days a week, some people I bump into live for fruit machines... quite sad really!! very shocked when I said I sometimes have weekends off
justice For The 96
BFK

Post by BFK »

Youve got to have a good social life I agree, its sad if you dont.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Im probably doing 7 days a month at the moment!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im day on , day off
Little discipline = BIG issue

CraigDag

Post by CraigDag »

Juggler, acrobat, diver and some clown work too but not in big top circus shows. More modern stage / variety shows and also in diving / stunt shows.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I've just got a new job testing hover boards

The money's not great, but it keeps me off the streets
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Nice one JG lol