Quiz machines

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
qwerty

Quiz machines

Post by qwerty »

Hi all,
Having a discussion with my mate earlier talking about quizzers and how there must only be a certain amount of questions on each category. Are there pros out there that make on quiz machines by simply having a record of all the categories and answers. Unlike fruit machines, if you get the answer right, it cannot stop you from winning.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I don't know much about this, but i would imagine different machines have different amounts of question banks, i pretty much had all the answers memorised for connect 4, so much so that i hardly ever read the question, i just looked at the answer before pressing, i'm sure on games of a few years back that people have memorised whole question banks, i'd imagine the problems start when it throws the spoiler question in, what star sign is Adolf Hitler etc.
Cobwebs 👆
tommya

Post by tommya »

Connect 4s the music of it still haunts me now
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

I used to go down the street whistling to it.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

1980s fruit machines. very small cycles of play/ quiz machines ie Give Us A Break, only a few hundred questions.

2012 No chance.
Roulette free since December 2011.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Scott wrote:I don't know much about this, but i would imagine different machines have different amounts of question banks, i pretty much had all the answers memorised for connect 4, so much so that i hardly ever read the question, i just looked at the answer before pressing, i'm sure on games of a few years back that people have memorised whole question banks, i'd imagine the problems start when it throws the spoiler question in, what star sign is Adolf Hitler etc.

Yes but the majority of the questions in Connect 4 weren't exactly that difficult and the question bank was fairly small. So there were only a few that you really had to memorise. The last question for the line was just a case of guessing and what made the game good was the free move in that position. That game may just be a one off. What other games have a small question bank where you don't have to answer the last harder question because of a free move scenario? They haven't made that same mistake twice!
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

slightly off topic, but i was playing a quiz a couple of years ago and only had to answer 1 question to get the £20 jackpot.
The question (I shit you not)
How many twix bars were consumed in the UK in 1995?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yeah, C4 was bob basic general knowledge, the times i got the spoiler wrong for £6, like you say free move was nice, even the ones that crashed on art a lit could be done with a bit of planning, an all time great empty!
Cobwebs 👆
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I actually had a few of the spoiler questions repeat so I had a few answers for them. Just looking at the Connect 4 topic on VIP. I see where you mentioned about crashing. Had routes worked out avoiding art and lit. This was one of the best methods I have ever known.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

What's vip?
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Its another forum on this message board. Older methods and stuff are mentioned on it. Not much is said on there nowadays.
quizard

Post by quizard »

thecannonball89 wrote:What's vip?
It is the the secret board for members of the clique presumably with the purpose of pissing other members off.
quizard

Post by quizard »

And it also rather predicable how this thread supposedly about quiz machines has got bogged talking about C4 which wasn't really a quiz machine. The questions needed to get a win were so few and ridiculously easy. It was simply a faulty software program that anyone who knew the sequence could win on.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

That's what I said. A one off where that mistake hasn't happened again!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Mega was phones 1st board today offerd 39cp then next board jackpot box, indy was about 50 for 70 and 1 and 3 both going but 15 1st go lol