Tips for a newbie

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
tommy1

Tips for a newbie

Post by tommy1 »

Just thought I would ask for some tips from the pro's, but don't worry, I'm not asking for methods etc unless someone wants to share!

This might not be something you guys want to disclose, but how can someone like me tell if you guys have plundered a machine without losing a fortune in it?

I also often see barcrest machines left with jackpots on the winline in reels 1 & 3, and just above the winline on centre reel. I always read this as stay away, but have had good fortune on machines previously and never left them in that particular combination

Are these signs i should be looking for?
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

By the sounds off things barcrest machines I think you mean rainbow riches or rob da bank clones. If the reels are like that than this means reset reels. This means it hasn't had any play since its been turned on. Just use you common sense ask you self how its playing. If you don't get a board or win for £20. Its not going to give you jackpot is it. So basically use a bit common sense and you should be ok. Or maybe if the notelight is out that might be an indicator (not always the case though). The way to look at it its always going to cost you to find out if its hammered or not some times more than others though, hope this helps.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Cheers mate, so the machine with that setup could be playable? It is rainbow riches and the likes

I appreciate there will be a cost to find out. Just in case i got someones afters board within a few quid and waste my time on it
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

Maybe youre better off learning to play low tech machines in arcades, it would be easier to shark old biddy's and be selective with what you play rather than play on machines pro players may have played and put £40-£50 in without getting a win over £2, best advice I can give, either that or give up!
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

To be honest, i tend to play the £5 jackpots, and the bar x o granny machines. Build a bank then maybe play some larger jackpot machines

But they are generally DONDs etc, which is all you see in the pubs and read about on here, so try and avoid them!
BFK

Post by BFK »

I suggest u stick to ur £5'ers, getting involved in £70 jackpot machines with little or no knowledge will cost u £'s

I'd never encourage anybody to get involved in today's machines.
richy657

Post by richy657 »

your be bollock deep on nearly everything you play and end up giving up
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

fake pound coins is still one of the biggest earners i'm led to believe
AMK

Post by AMK »

This site is a great place to start bud. There's countless threads which involve pretty much every machine out there. Just use the search box at the top right. Welcome to Fruit Chat, most people are friendly enough on here. Happy punting.

Rob.
... Join The Party!
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:fake pound coins is still one of the biggest earners i'm led to believe
some may see that as a pun.....if it was meant then i suppose it deserves a 'lol'
Jack bauer
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

watch out for machines that are on rental from Canvey Island :D
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
silent g

Post by silent g »

tip 1, stay out my area!!!!! :)

if you enjoy playing fruits and dont have methods, stick to barcrests or hot hot hots, theyre fairer than others, a bellfruit will probably cost £8 - £14 for every board and if you dont know what your doing your probably gonna lose.
hot hot hots can be good if theres lots of red features and flickers can be fair if they havent just been ficked.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

re the quids, i'd say 1 in 10 in some amusements are duds