Fuel costs

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
thecannonball89

Fuel costs

Post by thecannonball89 »

Whats evryone getting for there money, Im using a 1.6 automatic focas atm for work. I done about 280 miles on friday witch cost me £60 is that right?, I remember when my mate had a punto 1.2 acive we got from great yarmouth to magor services for only £30 this was when petrol was about £1.20. I have pumped up all the tiers to the correct psi and that has made a small difrence.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Sounds about right. I get 300-320 miles out of a 1.2 Fiesta for around 55 quid full tank. So taking the bigger engine you have, you're all in the ball park.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fuel cost is a joke right now, i've read somewhere diesel is going up again soon.
Cobwebs 👆
thecannonball89

My mates got a farm so im looking at a diesel golf and red diesel but i think its abit smokey.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Certainly is a joke at the moment. The Disco only averages around 27mpg but don't tend to use it for work much, my other half has an Audi A3 which averages around 50mpg so sometimes do a swap. The Chief has Volvo V70, it's a big estate car but is quite good on fuel, late 40s mpg I think. Think the new golf bluemotions are averaging mid 70s. I'd say the 3 best machine cars depending on your style and budget are bluemotion/eco versions of golf, focus and octavia.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

thecannonball89 wrote:My mates got a farm so im looking at a diesel golf and red diesel but i think its abit smokey.
Red Diesel? You'd be stupid to risk using that, if you get caught they will come down hard on you. Honestly, tipping machines over and now red diesel... You're making yourself look like a bit of a twat if you ask me.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Tyre pressure, correct oil & frequent servicing will help fuel consumption massively.
Plus it will increase the longevity of your car.

My A3 is very good on fuel but the gearbox is starting to go now, other than that it's a good car.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Why do we still use 'miles per gallon' - so imperial. Means nothing to me - Should be litres these days although I've always measured my consumption via cost per full tank against total miles.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Red stinks, if you use it you'll get caught.
Cobwebs 👆
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

what about chip fat?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Electric is the future i reckon.
Cobwebs 👆
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

kidgloves wrote:Why do we still use 'miles per gallon' - so imperial. Means nothing to me - Should be litres these days although I've always measured my consumption via cost per full tank against total miles.
Any official fuel consumption figures are given in mpg, that is also what it says on the screen on your car.
thecannonball89

I was only joking about the diesel, Im just hoping the petrol goes down in price slowly.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Costing me nearly £800 a month in fuel at the moment. Crazy.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I've heard most professionals have converted their cars to run on reputation? Journeys can be accomplished by simply telling loads of people things. My Citreon AX does 45mpe (miles per emptier). By simply ringing around all my friends whenever I'm told something, I can get all the way down the A1M, and find everything flat.