General Thoughts

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Phoenix

General Thoughts

Post by Phoenix »

Have not been on this site in ages but decided to log in again just for a browse around. Just a general few thoughts, I have never considered myself to be a player but I did used to enjoy playing the £35's, and what little knowledge I did gain was through playing in general, and will admit that I did get my fingers burnt on a few occasions.

Since the introduction of the £70's I have been playing them less and less and now I find that I only usually have a dabble on the weekends usually Saturday and Sunday afternoons between watching the footy, if I make a bit of beer money and a few extra quid then that's fine with me.

Maybe it was because there is less variety of machines now or maybe a change in my personal circumstances or maybe both but I don't get the same buzz I used to, it also seams to me that there are less people playing them now, even on busy nights in chain pubs where there are four or five machines.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Youre right mate ive seen fruits untouched allnight even on a saturday
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

betchrider wrote:Youre right mate ive seen fruits untouched allnight even on a saturday
moneys short at the minute
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I have been doing ok latley, depends how greedy you are realy. id still go out for 50quid a day! I no some machines that dont get touched and are only there once a week, iv also got machines that must get slotted nearly evryday.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

martin n me made 82 each plus expenses today ,,,,,,,,,,,,, nowt earth shattering , but im always happy anything over 50 quid too cannon
Little discipline = BIG issue

thecannonball89

I playd 3 fruits made 42 each me and my mate, All money int it.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Mars bar and a snickers each after expenses
justice For The 96
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

about £500 in this climate then
Jack bauer
thecannonball89

84 for an hours work cant moan, No dout anfield has made 900 today just on rhyl seafront.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

thecannonball89 wrote:84 for an hours work cant moan, No dout anfield has made 900 today just on rhyl seafront.

Yeah pac man gave it off mb3 off 30p in gave £15 top!! smashed it me!!! got a bob the builder teddy off a score aswel!!! sold it for 34
justice For The 96
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

It's a different game these days from going back 5/10 years ago. The two major factors for me were when the bookies got rid of them and the smokiing ban. In the days with no betting shop finder on an iphone and before sat navs, many places simply didn't get covered. Bumping into another player was fairly rare, certainly no need for security back in the day. Tricks and methods seemed to last forever and got to admit did enjoy it more, even if I do make a lot more now. Also pubs were not aware what you were in the pub for even if you did win money every visit, the loudmouth tracksuit brigade of the new generation altered that around whem the £35 jackpots came out.

Remember going out the first day of the smoking ban, think it was a Saturday and everywhere was like a ghost town. Many local drinkers pubs that were packed fri, sat, sun and were always good hits simply died with the lack of trade following the ban, and we're still seeing the casualties to this day.
thecannonball89

mup
thecannonball89

Makes me laugh deen when i was coming to your town when i was 12 and doing all 7 hotwheels you idiot were was you then, my mum was ringing me on my nokia 3210 i only told her i was going to cromer for the day!!
ob

Post by ob »

redlinesman wrote:It's a different game these days from going back 5/10 years ago. The two major factors for me were when the bookies got rid of them and the smokiing ban. In the days with no betting shop finder on an iphone and before sat navs, many places simply didn't get covered. Bumping into another player was fairly rare, certainly no need for security back in the day. Tricks and methods seemed to last forever and got to admit did enjoy it more, even if I do make a lot more now. Also pubs were not aware what you were in the pub for even if you did win money every visit, the loudmouth tracksuit brigade of the new generation altered that around whem the £35 jackpots came out.

Remember going out the first day of the smoking ban, think it was a Saturday and everywhere was like a ghost town. Many local drinkers pubs that were packed fri, sat, sun and were always good hits simply died with the lack of trade following the ban, and we're still seeing the casualties to this day.
For once I can actually agree with some of your sentiments redlinesman!! Bumping into other players/tricks lasting/no shop finders etc. certainly did help things last, and it was certainly more enjoyable, the only reason profits are higher now is in line with the ridiculously higher jps, 15-70 rather a jump!!!

Still think this security thing is rubbish tho, I mean drop that and with this last post I'm actually starting to warm to you :)
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Security thing is serious ob, obviously have a bit of fun with it on here but 1 or 2 people on here might able to vouch for me even though they probably won't say anything. I've been arbitrating for years so when I started taking someone else out with me to help, it developed into a security/surveillance thing when I started working stuff out and getting better info.