Barcrest - End of an era

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
bennytheclam

Barcrest - End of an era

Post by bennytheclam »

News Flash - its finally the end of the road for the Barcrest analogue

Scientific Games Corporation today announced that its Gaming division, which includes The Global Draw, Barcrest and Games Media, has decided to withdraw from the manufacture of analogue AWPs for the UK pub retail sector in order to focus solely on its digital server-based supply model within this sector.

http://www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk/news/ ... #more-4287

:-(
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Ouch! Didnt see thst coming! Massive in my early days, then total dick, hoped they would put a new idea forward! Shame! Class company! RIP!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Wow! Hopefully a few of them defect or start something fresh yes theyve been wank for a couple years mostly, but over the years barcrest in a players pespective have been massive
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
layabout

Post by layabout »

Mmmm barcrest are owned by IGT which are a yanky company,not suprising there trying to bin the traditional awp off for these money eating triple 7 machines.Barcrest's era was deffo the 90's all way through,but i'll give em that they have pretty much stuck to the same code base through out unlike bellshite.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

So no more hot hot clones, bankjobs, flickers... Just I bellfruit, nothing but bellfruit, depressing news.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Bankjobs are mazooma I think über
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
layabout

Post by layabout »

Yeah there only interested in the triple 7 computer screen based games now,as they can be updated via the internet so no need for engineers for most of the time,and no more picking up and dropping off new machines as the cabs can be updated with new games via the web.The player cabs did this i think and they were utter tosh,always freezing on payouts etc.
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Thought bank jobs were games media? Always was confused to be honest, cool gaming, games media, guess mazooma is very possible! This could be the big chance vooda and reflex are looking for!
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Says qps at the top of crown jewels
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Betcom
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

There bellys anyway
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
bennytheclam

Post by bennytheclam »

Both Voodoo Games and Red were bought out by Barcrest so their gone as well now, the price of a new Bellfruit has just gone up i suspect !
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I'm sure we'll see the emergence of a new company in the field as soon as Barcrest have gone.

But let's be honest, it was going to happen soon anyway. Whereas 12 years ago, professional players were seen as nothing more than addicts. Now every barman/maid are aware of them.
Only ourselves to blame.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Very true! But i dont believe its the pros fault, more the catch up youngsters!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
quizard

Post by quizard »

It is really down to sites like this the world + wife know about pro players. I can't see how that affects Barcrest's descision. If every spoons had five Barcrest machines in them instead of DOND they wouldn't be going this way. It is really that they have been done over by Bell Fruit in that part of the market in recent years.