What happens next?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
deano8177

What happens next?

Post by deano8177 »

I walk in to a pub to play a DOND, and somebodys on it. go to the bar to get a pint and there was knowbody there to serve me, then another bloke walks in and wants a pint too. The barman came out from the back of the pub and said who's next, so I let the other bloke go first. By this time the person playing the DOND had gone. Then the bloke I let get a pint first sticks a note in the fruit.

What happens next?
layabout

Post by layabout »

He gets a GATW for £140 and you hit him with your pint :)
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Very close GATW for 70 then GATW for 70 again. If only I didn't let him go before me. Oh well shit happens.
eurovision1984

Post by eurovision1984 »

deleted
Scott

Post by Scott »

That can make it on top before bought a drink.
Cobwebs 👆
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

if i was on my own i'd have waited 2 get a drink,if i was with a mate i would've cracked on.....did he leave whatever game it was due dean?
Jack bauer
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

eurovision1984 wrote:i would have put £1 into the friuit before buying my drink.
I used to do that back in the day, mainly because I was mentally scarred from experiences like Deano's.

Nowadays I think thats just absolute fire. If a pub is hot enough to require drinks you would be on top the second you did that.

If there is no fire and putting a pound in wouldn't be noticed then no drinks are required full stop IMO.
tommya

Post by tommya »

I had a similar time, a bloke and I walked to a machine at the same time I let him have it cos there was another decent fruit, walk over to the other it was dead look behind and he had a jp flashing away oh well shit happens.

Post by 999329753 »

Remember mate was with u in oyster playing hi Lo and i thought I might slip a few in double deal. I didn't , some bloke went on and first board go all the way. Damn!!
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

The Dark Horse wrote:I used to do that back in the day, mainly because I was mentally scarred from experiences like Deano's.

Nowadays I think thats just absolute fire. If a pub is hot enough to require drinks you would be on top the second you did that.

If there is no fire and putting a pound in wouldn't be noticed then no drinks are required full stop IMO.
Not buying a drink in a pub is asking for trouble.
ob

Post by ob »

True enough, although I can't STAND people jumping on something you were about to play, especially if they a) luck out or b) sit on it for ages. If at all possible without super fire you're better off trying to stick the quid in.

I'd always buy a drink aswell, even the nicest looking pubs you can hot up not buying a drink... and the cost of a drink is normally a very small %age of the profit. Oh unless its a mist that decides you need 100+ games for a pot as normal...
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I have barely bought a drink in a Spoons round my local area since 2007/8. One or two managers are jobsworths, but I've made the agreement that I'll buy a blackcurrant and soda on arrival. I do eat fairly often in my local Spoons though (unfortunatly).

I sat for a half hour chat with my local Spoons area manager earlier. Lovely woman who's always looked after me. Most local managers know me by name and always say hello. I find most Spoons staff just want you to talk to them over buying a drink. If they think you are their friend it doesn't really matter what you do. The ones who are unfriendly/slightly hot I watch out for, if I feel there is any animosity I begin maintenance immediately(order food).

Of course this only applies to Spoons. I buy drinks other places, although I always size up the staff everywhere.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

had ur experience many times over the years deano,,,,a particular one that stands out was a fat woman blocking my way to a machine. i couldnt get around her no joke in time to play it and some kid got a 140 sick stuff, but it happens and u move on
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

eastangliapro wrote:if i was on my own i'd have waited 2 get a drink,if i was with a mate i would've cracked on.....did he leave whatever game it was due dean?
I didn't bother with it as I looked in the box and it was a mega streak box.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

It is annoying when it happens. However, on a different day, the bloke who jumped on it could of fed it 60 sheets or whatever. You wouldn't of been moaning then. :-)