New layout!

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
nick_the_gunn

Post by nick_the_gunn »

anyone having problems sending pm's
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

ooo.. quick reply... hmmm.. saw summat about not getting pms, maybe the limits have aught up with us? my inbox used to be 110% full?
BFK

Post by BFK »

I thought I had 2 potty windows open on my iPhone when I first refreshed fruit chat!!!

We'll get use to it!!

2 questions tho admin.

Any chance of making the no. of replies per page bigger? Old topics that use to be about 3 pages long are now double that.

Also what's happened to VIP?
Scott

Post by Scott »

I notice theres a lot of new members from Switzerland, they look alot like spammers to me.
Cobwebs 👆
Scott

Post by Scott »

Every time you click on newest member they seem to be Swiss, and have a very spammy name, reminds me of another forum i use that gets spammed very badly, i can see this this being a problem, i notice you don't have to be signed in now to read the board also, not sure if thats a good thing? Or is it?
Cobwebs 👆
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

There'll be loads of teething problems, When I moved to SMF it took me and the mods days to get use to all the new tools, checking all the settings.

We get around 150 spam registrys a day, they're a pain in the arse. Vbulletin is a good software to use from Mike's point of view, it's just wether the members can get used to it.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

BFK wrote:I thought I had 2 potty windows open on my iPhone when I first refreshed fruit chat!!!

We'll get use to it!!

2 questions tho admin.

Any chance of making the no. of replies per page bigger? Old topics that use to be about 3 pages long are now double that.

Also what's happened to VIP?
You can change that yourself mate in your forum actions tab, upto 40 replies per page.
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

No more games :(
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for all the feedback so far, we will get there :-) There are lots of changes for everyone to get used to, but the other software was over 7 years old and it really did need changing. I am thinking this was the best choice, its different, but the layout is quite clean and it can be tweaked further.

Once the basics are sorted out, we can start the add-ons. There are lots for vBulletin - like flashchat and the arcade. These will be coming soon - it WILL be a better site!

I am aware that there are still several annoying issues to be sorted out, and they will be sorted out as soon as get some time.

Keep the feedback coming :-)

Thanks,

Mike.
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

My pathetic moaning aside, I think it's top drawer that you're willing to spend your own cash and time on this website.
admin

Post by admin »

BFK wrote:I thought I had 2 potty windows open on my iPhone when I first refreshed fruit chat!!!

We'll get use to it!!

2 questions tho admin.

I have increased the number of replies per page from 10 to 15.

Mike.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Mike I'm not sure what settings would need adjusting but there's a few problems with the read/unread messages.

For e,g the index shows there's a new post in general, so I click general then click on the thread with a new post, if I then click index it still shows the symbol as unread, it only changes to read if I click general and then click index again.

Secondly and it's a similar thing, if when in general it's showing a thread with an unread message, you click on it, then go back to general everythings fine, but if you click on it and reply, it still shows as unread message when your back in the general section.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Mike,
Can we have decent size Avatars? You've limited us to a stupid thumb nail size, whilst other Forums that I am a member of (using the same software) generally limit us to:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 195.3 KB.

Also, your read/unread posts icons are poor, and the added "hot topic" variants just add to the confusion.

My suggestions:
Sack off the "hot topic" category
Get better read/unread icons
Have proper size Avatars
Oh, I'm so scared.
quizard

Post by quizard »

The avatar seems to appear even smaller than the maxium size allowed. Also Youtube embedding no longer seems to work
admin

Post by admin »

BigEd wrote:Mike,
Can we have decent size Avatars? You've limited us to a stupid thumb nail size, whilst other Forums that I am a member of (using the same software) generally limit us to:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 195.3 KB.
Thanks for the feedback, Ive changed the maximum avatar size to 150 x 150, with a 500k size :-)

I will be changing the icons, just awaiting some artwork (hint hint matt lol)

Mike.