Pinball Dreams

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Anyone remember William's "Medieval Madness" ?? Probably one of the greatest pinball games ever invented - genuinely funny and exciting. Hadn't seen it for about a decade then I stumbled (literally) into it in a bar in Amsterdam. Spent a helluva lot of money trying to complete it for the first time but never managed it.

Did you know that most pinball games have been emulated, just like AWPs? The quality is very good and you can even tweak the table (I cheated with Medieval Madness and blocked up the sides and lengthened the flippers and completed the game - which ruined it for me forever).

http://www.arcadeathome.com/pinball.phtml

Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

I spend all night as it were Cardinal, trying to get it working! But it's not playing ball...lol I fancy another bash on Addams Family and Doctor Who...but the VBS files aren't working properly
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

It was a couple of years now when I last did it. I do remember it being a right royal PITA but it was worth it in the end. I can't even try it now cos my laptop would only show half a table.

The only piece of advice I can give is that I recall most games have separate different versions of the same machine, and it was a case of trial and error to get them to work.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Oli wrote:There's both an Addams Family and a Terminator in an underground cocktail bar in Covent Garden - I forget the name.

Got a Junkyard on free play at work - keeps me amused during break time. :)

Also got the emulator with hundreds of machines, its worth a download if you dont already have it.

I thought the replay value moves up/down automatically depending on the frequency of how often its reached? The one at work seems to do this anyway.
it isn't a cocktail bar (it does sell cocktails though).
it's called roadhouse - http://www.roadhouse.co.uk/ see the pinballs at 10 seconds :lol:
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:You reckon any pinball locales could be incorporated into the Meet? :P I'll give anyone a fair going if I've the time! I love my pinball waaaaayyy too much!

THAAAA MA-MUSHKA!
Yer on! :wink:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
messiah

Post by messiah »

Cardinal Sin wrote:Anyone remember William's "Medieval Madness" ??
At the last count it was in the Hole in the Wall at Waterloo.

And agreed, there was a lot of nice little features, particularly all the comments etc.

I also liked the way that you could set up one of the multiballs (the madness one) so it played better by hitting all 4 of the ramps/loops. ANd the fact that they combined this with trolls.

Although the castle gate was always a bit of a bugger, as it did have a tendency to bounce it straight down the middle, and lead to the tilt
flashback

Post by flashback »

There's an excellent version of Medieval Madness on Williams Pinball Classics, the emulated version is good but these really do look and play lovely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLprlYj ... re=related
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Cheers chaps.

TROLLS!

Anyone know where I could download the individual samples as mp3's?

I fancy having random quotes about Francois de Grimm, the Duke of Bourbon - and especially the damsels in distress.
DildoDez

Post by DildoDez »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:We've got a Batman Dark Knight one in our student bar, and more often than not, I'm piling money into it! Though I say piling cash in, it's 3 games a quid and I normally have an hour on the quid.

AN engineer's been in recently and tightened it up though. Replay value has gone from 24,800,000 to 39,600,000 and it never pays the MATCH replay. Don't know if they log the scores because 30-40 mil is bread and butter for me so they might just be trying to make some more poundage
Aye you can (usually) set the match %age anywhere from 0-25%

I'm guessing it's maybe set to 0% lol
messiah

Post by messiah »

It is still in the Hole in the Wall if anyone is an addict
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

It's a long way but I'm tempted!