what chance have i got getting my money?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

When 70s were first released I had a few hi los do this. Press collect on your £70 or £100 and watch it disapear.

The worst thing is when the coin mech isn't connected so it pays out but hits the cash box inside and not in the tray. Your normally get your dough back, it's just really annoying. I don't mind the odd quid steal from a bellfruit, just not the whole bank..
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

engineer will have a record of the last win, maybe the last few, and whilst it doesn't prove enough, if it's full then it should be clear thats it's not paid properly. and as for malfunction voids pay, doesn't that mean they have to refund stake?

either way I'd say your screwed
kong

Post by kong »

sir ratholer wrote:
kong wrote:What machine was it? Some Electros wipe the bank when you press collect but there's no money in them. You have to just watch your money disappear a fiver at a time.
Yeah this is a right pain. If you keep 25p in credits in it doesn't do this though. Whilst you might lose a fiver realizing it's happening it's better than the whole lot!
Ah nice one cheers, didn't know that. I've only had it happen a few times, twice it was only a tenner or so and the other I decided against asking for the money due to the pub it was in! I transferred about £25 back and wasted it on quid stake, which still wasn't enough to get it going!
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

I've had 2 occasions where machines took the money and wouldn't register it as credits. Just stayed in attract mode. One was in a 'Spoons where a notey took £5, the other time was in a Pumpkin (railway café brand) where I put £3 down the coinslot. On both occasions, I was told to phone the number for their supplier. I did chase the £5 loss but didn't get anywhere with it. The £3 I didn't bother, wasn't worth the hassle.

It's bad PR for them to ask you to ring the supplier though. It's equivalent to a train breaking down causing a big delay. You then attempt to claim compensation from the railway station, only for them to tell you to deal with the manufacturer of the train lol. You don't get that kind of PR really as I have successfully claimed at a railway station once for a massive delay.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
Gibbons

Post by Gibbons »

Those Pumpkin and lemon tree places are a joke. They say the machine is nothing to do with them and fob you off with a phone number. Start wheeling it out of the cafe and watch their attitude change.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Gibbons wrote:Those Pumpkin and lemon tree places are a joke. They say the machine is nothing to do with them and fob you off with a phone number. Start wheeling it out of the cafe and watch their attitude change.
Are you speaking from experience? :wink:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy