Harsh moments

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
rookie

Harsh moments

Post by rookie »

Wondered what is the strangest or worst moment people have had on a fruit. Back in the day had a red alert on a 12, went low to get another 12 and lose. Sort of thing that shouldn't happen !! Anyone had similar on other machines ?
If I'm playing it you can't win, if I'm not playing it you won't !!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

When hi lo 70s first came out, I'd get a top, get the £70 or ton. It will get then get transfered and then just disapear! Aliens also hint to a 0. Lol

had other weird shit but can't remember off the top of my head.
bowie

Post by bowie »

Leaning down to plug a superhold in a very busy bar and 200 quids worth of coins falling out my pocket Onto the floor.
CraigDag

Post by CraigDag »

Crystal Skulls, Extra life, No lose, lower than a 12... Dead.
big A

Post by big A »

£5 top giza, hi-lo cash feature sometimes would die on a 12 instead of taking a credit an repeating
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Some Jack & the beanstreak or clone, Jackpot repeated THREE times, didn't autocollect after £75, gambled past £75 to £100, machine LED shooting up to £76, £77,£78 etc, £98, £99, £0. INSERT COIN.

Got the IOU though. Slack programming.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

bowie wrote:Leaning down to plug a superhold in a very busy bar and 200 quids worth of coins falling out my pocket Onto the floor.
LOL I've had that before, I walked in to a pub in Ilford the other week and it was a right shit hole, as soon as I got in the middle of the pub my pocket gave way and there was pound coins leaking all over the place. It also happend at a train station as my last train was pulling in
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Running low on 'cash on the hip' only for me to top a Stakes n' Prizes. Opto 46 Error or some such comes up...!

After a bit of pluggage I finally get it with peanuts remaining though...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
spa

Post by spa »

Had a £25 GG years ago on a nice run. Had the bank built up and then a come back whistle. Didn't auto pay and went over a ton. The machine forgot the ton and only paid the over.

Lucky escape, One of the workers was chatting to me at the time and paid the ton. Whistle came back straight away!

Had an alien give hint 10. Step, hint 10, spin, *step*, step, hint 10 like that 4 times in a row lol.
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

spa wrote:Had a £25 GG years ago on a nice run. Had the bank built up and then a come back whistle. Didn't auto pay and went over a ton. The machine forgot the ton and only paid the over.

Lucky escape, One of the workers was chatting to me at the time and paid the ton. Whistle came back straight away!

Had an alien give hint 10. Step, hint 10, spin, *step*, step, hint 10 like that 4 times in a row lol.
I had a gg do this when the hopper jammed. Fully paid IOU - but payout not metered so machine still buzzed up.
Ended up with over 220 in total.
Best was collecting £4 on a £10 Magnificent 7's - for a full hopper dump. Also had the same on £10 rocky horror.

On a slightly different note - streaking a bubble and streak fror 4 jp's in a spoons when they used to have all machine sound turned off. JP music still played - so i was getting some very funny looks from the bar staff...
BFK

Post by BFK »

I once read a thread in the general section about one fucking bloke!! 6 pages it was.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

Another Golden Game £25 fuck up. Can't quite remember how I managed it but somehow the unit fucked up and when it was reset I had a bank sat at over £75. It normally autopays but as it was a reset the bank just sits there. Then got a set of bars which takes it over the ton....soon as it hit the £100 it just kept on making the win banking up sound, forever. Got another reset and bank wiped to zero.
I did get paid, amazingly as this was one of Hollands place, but not long after got my marching orders.
I think this was the time when I didn't know a player called Ady who used to come in and do Golden Game 1 - must have spent hours in that arcade in total not speaking to each other because we didn't introduce ourselves.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

BFK wrote:I once read a thread in the general section about one fucking bloke!! 6 pages it was.
I might start up a Deano8177 thread.
tommya

Post by tommya »

Deal wheel mega streak go for 0
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

tommya wrote:Deal wheel mega streak go for 0
I had that, did the MS then said game over and banked nothing!! :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"