Old people and awp

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Matty

Old people and awp

Post by Matty »

i personally hate it when you go into ur local and some old guy and his mate are playing them they play it so slowly and just dont have a clue yeah its good when u go on after them but fucking hell they shouldnt play them !!!
mjd

Post by mjd »

suppose so yep..

I have a friend who seems to play machines slowly.. Im fast with em.......... suppose it aint much of a difference to the outcome!
boom
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Not so good going on after when they have put £3 in took £4 out, put £4 in took £2 out :?

But it is quite funny watching someone fill it up and not really have a clue what there doing. :lol:
pt

Post by pt »

mjd wrote:suppose so yep..

I have a friend who seems to play machines slowly.. Im fast with em.......... suppose it aint much of a difference to the outcome!
yer ther should be a sticker on it saying no over 50's to play
johnnyg

Post by johnnyg »

party time wrote:
mjd wrote:suppose so yep..

yer ther should be a sticker on it saying no over 50's to play
Unless they are filling it up for us proper players!
WORD OF THE Week: "Toothache"
--I defy you to comment--
Freedoddy

Post by Freedoddy »

For you guys to win, someone always has to lose!
Talk about impatient! :(
Istenem

catharsis

Post by Istenem »

sorry but i disagree with this thread.

personally i feel very humbled when i see certain types of people gamble on machines.
some people, really cannot afford to play, but do so in the vain hope of winning a few quid. it is really cathartic.

eg1. old boy on pension, drinks 1/2 pint and probably can't afford to lose his change from £5 as much as most of us can afford to.

eg2. beggar has been dropped a few ten pee coins, shoves them inside a 10p waterfall at the seafront.

eg3. bored child in pub spending pocket money in bullseye on quiz machine.

maybe i am soft but i don't like to see people losing money when they can obviously not afford to.

call me soft, but it does upset my conscience when i see this.
nobody ever wins on those things.
random stop

Post by random stop »

I agree with that post to a certain extent mate.

I had a bloke about 60 playing a jjc next to me in the pub today , poor bloke lost a fiver and he was gutted
Freedoddy

Post by Freedoddy »

It should be remembered that certain people are playing out of desperation! Look at the scratchcard and lottery junkies in your local newsagent, for example! parents buying them like there's no tomorrow and then look at the kids with them with their clothes almost falling to pieces! This is the real definition of "social responsibility"!
Have a think before you go slagging off the people who stop you from getting your "fix"! :x
mjd

Post by mjd »

My post wasnt anything intended on people losing....... I just have a mate who takes a lot of time on them... suppose it eliminates mistakes though..
boom
Freedoddy

Post by Freedoddy »

fair comment mjd!
Just remember that these "slow-coaches" are probably slow because they don't know what they're doing!
You'll be able to folow them on and do your stuff! :wink:
drop the lot

Post by drop the lot »

sad ,,, i agree to see the overweight couples stinking of sweaty plugging the bar x`s all day and also the people who seem to think you get more than a spin for 30p and stand waiting for someting else to happen tapping away at the buttons another is the player who plays the m`c to certain a rythem and others who try and go as fast as they can and hit the buttons as hard as they can none of which bother me, be we all fit into a category in the bandit world and maybe not the one we would like to think we do.
I love it when a plan comes together
novice_27

Post by novice_27 »

Yeah im sorry i have to add my bit, not everyone is as knowledgeable as some of u guys on here. Can lose alot of money if dont know alot about playing, only for people with a few bit of knowledge to come on & take... id dare say it quite a bit of money!. Anyway personally i find it very annoying.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

What would you rather have, a few old biddies who really only play bar X's or a mob of teenage acne covered chav's ? Why not set up an arcade for the over 50's ? (ps I am not yet in this category :lol: )
novice_27

Post by novice_27 »

harry2 wrote:What would you rather have, a few old biddies who really only play bar X's or a mob of teenage acne covered chav's ? Why not set up an arcade for the over 50's ? (ps I am not yet in this category :lol: )
u sure your not in that category harry?! :shock: :lol: